R13. Hello, Love.

What’s Inside Your Head?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Title: R13. Hello, Love.

 

Summary: Tiffany has a stalker and she’s a cute one.

 

A/N:

 

Hello,

 

Bye.

 

-knurd.

 

***

 

BEGIN.

 

A navy blue jacket, red and white stripe pants, white shoes and a helmet. Indeed the human watching from afar looks like a flag but who cares? She has a mission: To make sure the most precious person in her life is safe and sound as always.

 

She’s looking at the pastry shop nearby. On a transparent glass, she could see a baker.

 

Mid-height, curly hair, large glasses and pale skin covered and all confined inside her baker uniform.

 

‘Tiffany Hwang.’

 

Outside the bakery, the helmet hero was watching (decent word for sugar coating stalking) the innocent and clueless baker girl.

 

Tiffany put some dough in the oven that she just had finished kneading and closed it. She washed her hand and leaned against the counter and got her good morning towel to wipe all her sweat that was resulted from her hard work.

 

The helmet hero saw an old lady handing the girl a glass of water and Tiffany bowed politely to show her gratitude towards the elder. Behind the helmet, the person smiled.

 

“She’s not only pretty but has a beautiful heart too.”

 

The person was busy staring at Tiffany and it took a while before she noticed Tiffany staring back at her in confusion.

 

The helmet hero panicked and immediately got into the motorcycle and drove away quickly.

 

‘Why is that person always on that spot?’ Tiffany asked herself, she found it odd as she had been seeing this specific person always on the other side of the street seemingly staring at her.

 

“Maybe that person wanted to learn how to bake,” Tiffany concluded and smiled.

 

‘I shouldn’t think too much.’

 

***

 

Tiffany always worked at the back end, baking pastries and making cakes look pretty, but she never handled the cashier due to her shyness. It just so happened that the old lady owner was sick and she had to take over the cashier as well. On her first day on the frontline, everything was going smoothly until a rude customer entered.

 

A woman who wore a baby blue dress that looked nice on her curves and a stiletto that adds up on her height.

 

‘She looks rich.’

 

“Good day and welcome to our pastry shop!” Tiffany greeted but the customer just stared at her and Tiffany felt a bit anxious.

 

“Uh, can I help you?” Tiffany offered help in choosing pastries but the customer just continued to look at her and it made her uncomfortable.

 

“Uhm… Call me if you need some help.” she went back to the cashier and the customer blurted something out of the blue.

 

“What’s your number?”

 

Tiffany was shocked and the customer was equally shocked as well.

 

“W-Well… I need it b-because I’m going to have bulk order!” the customer exclaimed and looked away from her.

 

Tiffany understood what the customer meant, “I see, but ma’am, we don’t take bulk orders as of the moment because we only have one baker as of now.”

 

“Nonsense! What kind of shop is this then?!” The woman customer turned irate and Tiffany tensed up at her place.

 

“Well…”

 

“You know what, it’s okay, your pastries aren’t that good looking anyway.” The woman despite her pleasant features was mean and Tiffany took offense because her pastries were her pride. She worked hard to make them.

 

“If you come here to insult our shop, I suggest you leave now and never come back.” Tiffany glared at the woman and the woman's looks were unreadable.

 

“You know, that’s not how you treat your customers.”

 

“And that’s not how you treat people who work hard to do something, you know your way out. Good day.”

 

The woman sighed and went out.

 

‘What have I done?’

 

***

 

A girl eating her ramen accidentally choked when she heard her friend’s story.

 

“YOU DID WHAT?!”

 

Her friend who was under the speculating eyes sighed frustratedly and lumped her face on the table.

 

“Yuri, I panicked, okay?”

 

The girl named Yuri drank some water to calm herself down. She didn't know if she’s going to laugh or cry in despair because her best friend is hopeless as .

 

“To think I thought you finally had the balls to talk to her but you just went out there to spite her.” Yuri chuckled.

 

“It’s not funny!”

 

“It is, Taeyeon.”

 

Taeyeon closed her eyes and Yuri poured her a shot of soju.

 

“I’ll drink my water and you drink your own spirit.”

 

“Gee, thanks.”

 

“You’re welcome, creepy stalker.”

 

“It’s not stalking! It’s sightseeing!” Taeyeon argued as she drank her shot.

 

“You sound creepier with that statement.” Yuri shook her head.

 

“She hates me now, what should I do?”

 

“Just tell her the truth. ‘Tiffany, I have known you since high school and I am obsessed with you but you don’t know me because my is a coward to introduce myself so I just stalked you every day since then.’ See? What’s so hard about that?” Yuri shrugged and Taeyeon punched her arms lightly.

 

“You’re a jerk.”

 

“Thank you. That’s why we’re friends.”

 

‘I didn’t mean to say those words.’

 

***

 

Taeyeon laid awake all night. She looked at the picture of their university choir. She saw a young Tiffany in front of her young self. Taeyeon remembered how she auditioned on the choir just to see Tiffany every day. But the girl didn’t seem to mind her presence. They never talked. Tiffany was a good singer and that made her love the girl even more.

 

The first time she saw Tiffany Hwang, it was at their school garden. Tiffany was helping an injured cat and feeding it every day. The cat survived in the end and produced many kittens. Taeyeon thought that Tiffany is not only a beautiful girl, but she’s a girl with a beautiful heart.

 

One time, she was at the university library, She couldn’t reach a book on the shelf. Tiffany being a student assistant saw Taeyeon and helped her reach the book. It was the first time that Taeyeon saw Tiffany’s face up close.

 

Pristine, innocent and features carved heavenly. That’s how she defined it.

 

“Here.” Tiffany gave her the book.

 

Taeyeon’s hands were shaking when she took the book on Tiffany’s hands embarrassedly.

 

“T-Thanks.”

 

When Taeyeon looked at the book title she blushed and looked at Tiffany’s retreating figure.

 

‘Hello, I Love You.’

 

That was the book title.

 

But that’s also Taeyeon’s feelings for Tiffany.

 

Sadly, it won’t be known.

 

Because Taeyeon chose to love the girl in silence.

 

***

 

Every Valentine's day, Taeyeon would leave a pink rose on Tiffany’s doorstep. Tiffany would always think it was given to her other neighbour’s as well by the village association. During her birthday, Taeyeon would give the girl food deliveries with the sender’s name unknown and Tiffany would always think she gets lucky on her birthdays because someone always mistakenly sends her some food. Every Christmas, Taeyeon would always get Tiffany’s Santa socks on her window and look at her wishlist to fulfil them and Tiffany would always think Santa Clause is real.

 

Tiffany is the type of girl who doesn’t know she’s beautiful and that makes her even more special in Taeyeon’s eyes. 

 

‘A girl like her deserves the entire world, but she doesn’t know it.’

 

“My dreams come true when I look at you, and maybe that’s enough.” Taeyeon would always see Tiffany’s eyes smiling along with her lips and that makes her heart melt.

 

It was a long time ago when Taeyeon finally accepted that she’s going to be forever invisible to Tiffany’s eyes.

 

And that’s okay.

 

At least from afar, she could love this girl freely.

 

***

 

Tiffany slumped down on her bed as she thought over how her day went.

 

That rude customer had to ruin it.

 

“I hope I never see her again.” Tiffany sighed and rolled off. She looked at her phone.

 

No text me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter