R18. My today, your tomorrow.

What’s Inside Your Head?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Title: R18. My today, your tomorrow. 

 

Summary: In which Taeyeon dwells in uncertainty with the only constant person in her life, Tiffany Hwang.

 

A/N: Hi guys, Soshi_051697 again here. I co-wrote half of this fic with nerdy and I hope you guys will enjoy the collaboration of our ideas. :D To the prompt requester, I hope we managed to fulfill your expectations with this request. Thanks everyone! :D


 

***


 

BEGIN.


 

It was Valentine's day,

 

Taeyeon was looking at the girl she loves holding a bouquet of roses while smiling at her. The girl waved at her. Taeyeon waved back. She saw a ring on the girl's finger. 

 

She smiled.

 

It made her happy as she remembered all the days she had spent with this girl. 

 

"Happy Valentine’s Day, love!" The girl greeted and gave a kiss. 

 

Tiffany Hwang, the name of the girl she loves. 

 

The girl that became a part of her yesterdays and today. 


 

Flashback. 

 

Friday at the bus stop, the year 2007…

 

The rain was heavy and there are no signs of the bus that’s arriving yet and Taeyeon felt like she went through a terrible day. Her uniform was drenched along with her school backpack and books inside. To mention, her socks were soaking and it made her irritated and uncomfortable. She lives four bus stations away from her university so walking was not an option.

 

To calm herself down, she listened to the sound of the rain. She was starting to get the relaxation that would ease her suffering and yet, the thunder and lightning clasped and she jolted in surprise.

 

‘What the hell?’

 

She anxiously tapped her feet on the ground and looking elsewhere until she saw a lady staring at her as she was sitting on the waiting shed as well. The lady was holding a bouquet and waved on Taeyeon.

 

“Happy Valentine’s Day, stranger!” the lady greeted and smiled at her.

 

‘Right, it is Valentine’s Day.’ Taeyeon forgot as she was swamped with homework, she got no one else to hang out with anyway so it didn’t matter. Taeyeon’s line of vision saw the lady’s pink umbrella, for a moment, Taeyeon was jealous. 

 

Not because the lady had a flower on her hands probably given by someone special but because the lady had an umbrella and didn’t get drench by the rain.

 

The lady noticed Taeyeon’s stares and giggled, “Tough day, eh?” She started small talks.

 

Taeyeon is not a fan of small talks but the lady seems nice so she answered politely, “I just hate it when it rains.” she frowned.

 

The bus suddenly arrived, Taeyeon was surprised that among all the vacant seats, the lady decided to sit on the seat beside her. Taeyeon looked at the lady suspiciously but the lady seemed to didn’t mind. She was just composed on her seat as she looked at the road ahead from the driver’s view.

 

Taeyeon thought about the things she’ll do later at home to pass the time. She suddenly remembered about her long walk to get home and she looked at the rain outside.

 

‘Crap.’ she grimaced.

 

The bus made two stops until the lady gave Taeyeon something.

 

A rose from her bouquet.

 

“Cheer up! Rainy days could be the best days too, you know?”

 

“U-Uh…”

 

“This is my stop, here. Take my umbrella and find your sunshine.”

 

Taeyeon waved her hand, “It’s okay, you might need it.”

 

“I insist, I don’t have to walk far to my home.”

 

Taeyeon looked at the lady’s eyes to see if she’s serious but the lady seemed to be sincere.

 

“Thank you.”

 

“You’re welcome.” The lady was about to step off but Taeyeon called her out.

 

“Hey! Uhm...how can I give your umbrella back?” she asked.

 

Taeyeon hates borrowing things from other people. It makes her feel like she’s a freeloader but the rain was terrible so she needed the umbrella. She wanted to give it back to the owner to ease her conscience. 

 

“Next Friday, at the same time at the bus stop!” The lady waved goodbye and the bus door closed.

 

Taeyeon stared at the space to digest what just happened and saw the rose on her lap, she held on to it and sighed as she felt the warmth creeping on her cheek.

 

‘Happy Valentine’s Day…’

 

When Taeyeon went off the bus, she opened the umbrella and saw a cute drawing of the sun inside of it.

 

‘Maybe rainy days aren't bad at all.’ she chuckled and her mood became better.

 

When she went home, she put the rose on the vase beside her bed.

 

“Maybe it will live.”

 

***

 

Next Friday, Taeyeon was anxiously waiting at the shed. It was raining again. Taeyeon was smart enough to bring her raincoat this time. She felt the cold breeze hit her skin and ran her hands on her shoulders to warm herself up.

 

‘It’s cold.’

 

She saw a stray dog running on the streets with its friends, maybe to find some shelter. She smiled.

 

‘Dogs and humans… we’re all the same, we all want some warmth and shelter from the rain.’

 

Then a car suddenly sped up and almost hit the dogs, Taeyeon stood up from the shed to yell at the driver.

 

“ YOU! IF YOU WANT TO DIE, LEAVE THE DOGS ALONE!”

 

She was so agitated that she didn’t notice that the dogs were already out of her sight and already ran off and found some shelter.

 

“ing prick.” She looked around to find the dogs but she saw a familiar face.

 

The one she was waiting for.

 

“Gee, some people do not have respect for other living things, huh?” the lady shook her head in disappointment.

 

Taeyeon stood still. Looking at the lady. Her hair was tied and her bangs matched with her curls. She was wearing office attire this time.

 

“Pretty…” Taeyeon was in a daze and the lady tilted her head in confusion.

 

“Hmm?”

 

‘So, she’s older than me after all…Crap, I was so informal to her when we last met!’

 

“U-Uh… M-Ma’am here’s y-your umbrella.” Taeyeon was quick to give back the lady’s umbrella, but the lady gave out a small laugh and didn’t get the umbrella on Taeyeon’s hands.

 

“Just call me Tiffany.” the lady reached out instead for a handshake that Taeyeon took.

 

“Taeyeon.”

 

“Nice to meet you.”

 

When the bus arrived, Tiffany sat on the seat beside Taeyeon despite the empty seats available. Taeyeon on the other hand didn’t mind it anymore. Tiffany was just composed looking at the road and scenery outside.

 

Taeyeon enjoyed the comfortable silence between them until Tiffany reached her stop.

 

“This is me.” She bid Taeyeon goodbye and Taeyeon suddenly remembered the umbrella but Tiffany was already outside the bus so she opened the window and called out, “How about your umbrella?”

 

“Keep it!” Tiffany answered.

 

‘Can I really keep it?’

 

Taeyeon still wanted to bring the umbrella back and maybe see the lady again.

 

“I’ll give it back next Friday?” Taeyeon tried her luck.

 

“Same time, same place.” Tiffany waved her hand and the bus started to drive away.

 

That was the beginning of Taeyeon’s unforgettable days with Tiffany.

 

“See you on Friday.”

 

And Taeyeon finally felt warm.

 

***

 

Another Friday passed, Taeyeon was reading a book at the shed when suddenly someone sat beside her.

 

“Why does it always rain whenever we meet?”

 

It was Tiffany in her casual clothes.

 

“Hello!” Taeyeon greeted.

 

“What are you reading?” Tiffany asked and Taeyeon smiled at the girl’s attempt to make a casual conversation.

 

“Little Prince.” Taeyeon showed the book cover.

 

The girl chuckled and told her, “That's a children's story.”

 

“Maybe I’m a kid at heart.” Taeyeon smiled.

 

“It’s not bad.” Tiffany saw the bus coming, “Let’s sit together?”

 

“Sure!”

 

This time, unlike their previous meeting, they talk and get to know each other. Taeyeon learned that Tiffany is working for a publishing company near her university. They’re four years apart. But the girl does not look a day older than her.

 

When Tiffany reached her stop, Taeyeon opened the bus window.

 

She forgot to bring back the umbrella again. 

 

“Wait, your umbrella!”

 

“It’s okay.”

 

“I’ll give it next Friday?”

 

“I’m free tomorrow!” 

 

Taeyeon grinned and decided to try her luck again.

 

“Want to hang out this weekend?”

 

Tiffany gave her a calling card on the window.

 

“Call me.”

 

Then the bus started to move as they waved goodbye to each other. Taeyeon looked at the calling card in her hands.

 

‘Stephanie Hwang. Xxx-987-xxx Sone Corp.’

 

She smiled again as redness crept on her cheeks and her heart started to beat in irregular patterns.

 

“Maybe I shouldn’t give back her umbrella so we can keep seeing each other.”

 

That night, Taeyeon gave Tiffany a call and they talked till the wee hours of the morning. They don’t only see each other every Friday now because Tiffany became a part of Taeyeon’s life as a friend.

 

“She’s a good friend.” That’s what Taeyeon told her friends when they asked who Tiffany was in her life.

 

During Taeyeon’s graduation, Tiffany was there to congratulate her as she held a bouquet of roses.

 

“Hello Taeyeon, congratulations!” she greeted and Taeyeon wholeheartedly accepted the flowers as she hugged the girl.

 

“Thank you for existing and coming into my life,” she mumbled and Tiffany ran her hands on the girl’s back.

 

“Likewise.”

 

She not only sees Tiffany during the rainy days but also during the summer and all other seasons

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter