R11. Why Just Now?

What’s Inside Your Head?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Title: R11. Why Just Now?

 

Summary: Tiffany replied to an email from her ‘The One That Got Away’ sent four years ago. And Taeyeon was bamboozled after receiving a reply email from the person who ‘Ghosted’ her four years ago.

 

Note: According to google:

 

Ghosting - the practice of ending a personal relationship with someone by suddenly and without explanation withdrawing from all communication.

 

The One That Got Away - A person who you were originally supposed to end up with, but due to a cause of fate or by consequences caused by you the relationship failed and as time goes by you wonder what you and that person could have been, making them the one that got away.

 

Tea -  The one you should be sipping while reading this shot. XD

 

A/N:

 

Hello!

 

Wow, I must say, your requests keep on becoming interesting as time goes by! I love it when people tell me their stories and trust me to write something about it. T__T I love you guys. To the reader who requested this story, I hope this chapter cheers you up.

 

There are still a handful of prompts left for me to write but we’ll get there. In the next chapter, I’ll have another co-author (I’ll let the author introduce himself or herself to you) aside from my best chingu @MiyouiHiraiDorkyTae. (Since we’re both busy and work is an T__T). Now we’re three :D

 

Note that we all have different writing styles. I have a different way of writing and they have too. :P

 

There are still vacant co-author spaces so whoever wants to join the fun and write a shot, feel free to send me a DM and let’s see if we’re compatible! :P

 

Song: To New York And Back - Leanne and Naara

 

-nerdcanread

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

BEGIN.

 

Taeyeon was calmly checking her email and deleting some unnecessary mails to save some space because she was too cheap to subscribe and pay monthly for additional storage on her Gmail.

 

She deleted all the promotional emails and her spam emails that are telling her that she has a non-existing relative abroad that left a last will testament under her name, ‘contact this email to know more.’ 

 

She sighed as she saw her online shopping receipts and wondered if all her splurging online was worth it. Her line of vision saw the cleaning robot doing some cleaning on her room and she smiled. It looks cute.

 

‘Maybe it was worth it despite the costly amount of it.’

 

Suddenly the robot beeped and a mild explosive sound was heard.

 

‘Blag!’

 

And the cleaning robot died.

 

‘Well, .’

 

Taeyeon noted to give the seller of that robot 1 star and leave a hate rate comment under the product. Apparently, this robot has no warranty.

 

“Bye $200.” she sobbed as she typed the hate comment on the online app.

 

 

 

Suddenly, she heard a notification sound from her email. She calmly sipped her tea and spat it out on her screen when she opened the recent mail that came to her eyes widened in shock and she was bamboozled. 

 

‘Tiffany Hwang.’

 

The girl who ghosted her and broke her heart four years ago.

 

‘Does the offer still stand?’ The one-liner email was read and Taeyeon scrolled down the thread.

 

It was a reply to Taeyeon’s email four years ago.

 

Taeyeon has forgotten about being scammed by the robot cleaner. Instead, she cleaned her screen and suddenly teared up as she remembered being ghosted by the girl named Tiffany Hwang whom she had loved dearly way back then.

 

It took a long time before she had forgotten about this girl and her unanswered email. It took a long time waiting for Tiffany’s answer to her feelings. She already accepted the silence and unreplied email as a rejection.

 

Seeing Tiffany’s email makes Taeyeon feel so confused and a mixture of emotion came into her all at once. Anger, sadness, bitterness, melancholy and love…

 

But Taeyeon has a question.

 

“Why just now?” 

 

She closed her eyes as she contemplated the right words to say.

 

She wants some answers, so she replied.

 

‘Same cafe, tomorrow at 9 AM if you’re free.’

 

Taeyeon was biting her nail anxiously as she waited for Tiffany’s reply that came after five minutes.

 

‘Sure, see you Tae.’

 

Taeyeon felt a sudden fear of knowing the answers.

 

“Why am I doing this?” Taeyeon rubbed her face frustratedly and slumped on her bed.

 

She wasn’t able to sleep that night.

 

 

***

 

5 Years Ago…

 

 

Taeyeon was still attending university when she met Tiffany Hwang. The girl was from a different building and course but somehow they managed to know each other from a common friend.

 

“Hey, Taengooo!” It was Taeyeon’s best friend, Sunny.

 

Sunny invited her friends to her mini party called ‘Soonkyupsal’ for passing a long time subject she had retake for two consecutive years.

 

“Sunkyu! Congratulations, Finally, your is out of that and the freshman could breathe at ease!” Taeyeon teased as she gave her friend a hug and Sunny patted her back hard as a revenge for her teasing.

 

“Don’t call me Sunkyu! Anyway, sit down, eat and drink! It’s a beautiful night!” Sunny dragged her to sit on a vacant space beside a stranger. 

 

A girl that Taeyeon didn’t know.

 

 

“Fany, can my friend sit beside you? There are no more vacant seats! I didn’t know all my guests would come.” Sunny giggled and the girl laughed.

 

“Why of course! It’s your party after all.”

 

“Great! Oh, this is Taeyeon my block mate and this is Tiffany, my roommate! I’ll be with the two of you in a bit.” Sunny left to attend with her guests.

 

“Thanks.” Taeyeon meekly sat beside the girl and poured herself a drink.

 

The girl took her plate and gave Taeyeon some freshly grilled meat.

 

“Eat up.” 

 

Taeyeon bowed a bit and took the plate politely, “Thank you, Miss...”

 

“It’s Tiffany Hwang, your name is Taeyeon...”

 

“Kim Taeyeon.” and Taeyeon shook Tiffany’s hand.

 

 

“Nice to meet you.”

 

 

And that’s all when it started.

 

***

 

The two of them exchanged numbers and surprisingly clicked despite their different personalities. They started to hang out without Sunny and they became inseparable. Like they are more than friends but there’s no real definite label to describe what they were.

 

They were just Tiffany and Taeyeon.

 

If you don’t know them, you’ll probably wouldn’t understand them.

 

They would hang out and have some sleepovers on the weekends, study together during the weekdays even though they have different subjects. Taeyeon would cross another building on their campus just to eat with Tiffany during lunch breaks and would always be late on her next class due to the distance of their buildings. But she didn’t mind it. They also did their groceries together and drove around the city to find a good place to eat, drink and watch the beautiful scenery.

 

“The moon looks beautiful, Tae! Look!” Tiffany excitedly pointed out the night skies as they sat together and stargazed.

 

Do you see the moon

How bright it shines for you?

Leaving tiny bits of silver across the horizon

And look at the stars

Sweeping into the dark

Oh, darling, I must say

It's a beautiful night

 

Taeyeon chuckled at how adorable the girl was. Then Tiffany pinched her.

 

“Owww!”

 

“I said look at the moon, not me!”

 

“Fin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter