R10. Zero Visibility

What’s Inside Your Head?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


 

Title:  R10. Zero Visibility

 

Summary: In a world where everybody thinks they’re dating, Taeyeon is convinced that Tiffany is the one for her. But Tiffany never sees her that way. Will that change though?

 

A/N: 

 

You.

 

Not angst! Let’s say crack or fluff? I seek happy writings. XD I’ll try to update every weekend to keep up with the remaining requests. Let’s enjoy our weekend and drink!

 

Pro tip! If you mix Makgeolli with Yogurt Soju and put some Probiotic drink (Ice optional), you’ll have a good day!

 

BTW. I am looking for more co-author to do a shot perhaps for this story. If you’re interested send me a DM. I’ll send you a request prompt. Preferably, someone who writes fanfics as well.

 

-knurd

 

 

***

 

BEGIN.

 

 

 

Taeyeon was at the train station waiting for her usual train to go home after a long day of work. There are only a few people waiting since it’s already the last trip. She checked her watch.

 

‘11 PM.’

 

“If smokers have smoke breaks, why can’t I have drinking breaks?!” a loud voice was heard and Taeyeon looked at the source.

 

It was a girl.

 

‘She looks familiar.’ Taeyeon thought.

 

She was wearing office attire and she threw her bags on the floor grumpily and sat there.

 

“How dare they fire me?! Right, you piece of s! I prefer my booze over my boss anytime!” the girl whined, Taeyeon felt bad about the girl. She saw a guard making rounds and if the guards see this girl whining and making a scene at the train station, she’d be escorted out. Taeyeon decided to cover the girl so the guard won’t see her.

 

The guard looked and shrugged, he went to check different directions then.

 

Taeyeon sighed, she saw the train coming closer, she noticed the drunk girl looking at her and telling her something but the loud sounds from the train made her fail to understand everything until the train stopped.

 

Taeyeon thought the girl was just talking to herself again so she decided to shrug it off and went inside the train, but a grip on her leg made her unable to walk.

 

The drunk girl was hugging her legs.

 

“Uhm, miss? I need to get inside.” Taeyeon awkwardly said but the girl shook her head furiously.

 

“Don’t go, angel.” the girl pouted.

 

Taeyeon heard the sound from the train and the red signal light alerted her. The train door closed and it was the last trip to get home.

 

“Oh, no… WAIT!” but the train door was already closed and the train departed already.

 

‘Well, .’

 

“It looks like you and I have to take cabs… hopefully, there’s still one.” Taeyeon sighed and helped the girl stand up. The girl was grinning and encircled her arms in Taeyeon for support. Taeyeon saw the girl’s face up close.

 

‘I swear I’ve seen her before.’

 

“What a pretty thing!” the girl cooed drunkenly and hugged Taeyeon tightly.

 

“Ooof! Uhh… where do you live?” Taeyeon asked the girl.

 

‘Damn, she’s heavy.’

 

“Somewhere…” the girl answered and her eye smile was showing when she giggled.

 

‘ this.’

 

“Hop on my back.” Taeyeon offered and she sighed.

 

‘Why do I have to have a superman complex and save everyone’s day?’

 

The drunk girl surprisingly does as she’s told and Taeyeon puts the girl’s bag on her neck to carry them both. 

 

“I should exercise more,” Taeyeon told herself and was distracted when the girl started to sniff on her neck. She felt ticklish.

 

“You smell good.” the girl slurred.

 

‘Ugh, my life.’

 

Taeyeon walked towards the train with the girl on her back and waited on the street for a cab which took an hour before one showed up.

 

“TAXI!” Taeyeon hailed and the drunk girl waved her hand for fun too.

 

“MR. TAXI!” the drunk girl called out.

 

“Don’t move too much, you’re heavy!” Taeyeon complained.

 

The taxi stopped in front of them and lowered down the windows.

 

“Where to, miss?”

 

“Uh…” Taeyeon looked at the girl, “Where do you live?” she asked.

 

The girl was mumbling behind her and suddenly kissed her cheeks.

 

“Oh, look! It marked!” the girl grinned.

 

“Hey!”

 

The girl started to mumble words again on her nape.

 

“Huh?”

 

“I drink alcohol to drown my problems but , they’re better than Michael Phelps in swimming!” then she laughed.

 

“Uhm… you have to tell me your address so I can drop you off,” Taeyeon said patiently.

 

“Don’t drop me. Carry me home.” the girl almost whispered her last words because Taeyeon heard snoring afterwards.

 

‘Ain’t it fun?’ Taeyeon rolled her eyes and sighed. She told her address to the cab driver instead.

 

“To XxxxX Street, please.”

 

She was careful about the girl’s head not to bump on the car’s door.

 

“Don’t puke here, okay?” Taeyeon told the girl who’s knocked out already.

 

 

 

Taeyeon struggled to carry the girl up to the 16th floor where she lives. When she opened her door, she dropped the girl on her sofa and stretched her back.

 

“Owww!” she groaned in pain.

 

She put the girl’s bag on the table and looked at the girl sleeping at her couch. She took a sheet and covered the girl.

 

“I hope you’re too drunk to be a thief.”

 

 

 

The next day, Taeyeon woke up and the girl was still out of it on the couch. She heard knockings on her main door and opened it.

 

‘Who would visit me early in the morning?’

 

Her eyes widened when she saw her mom at the door.

 

“MOM?!” she was too shocked to function.

 

‘Oh, . The girl is still on the couch!’

 

“I miss you baby! You don’t visit me anymore. I wonder what keeps you busy.” the old woman said and made her way to Taeyeon's apartment.

 

“Oh, no! Don’t come in, I mean, it’s dirty, I haven’t cleaned!” Taeyeon tried to stop her mom from coming in but her mom grinned.

 

“Oh come on, you never clean! Are you hiding something from me?” Mrs. Kim slyly smirked and Taeyeon gulped.

 

“Of course not!”

 

“You know, you should go out often, I know someone who might suit you. My friend’s son looks cute!”

 

“Mom, you know I’m not really interested in boys.”

 

“Not a problem! She has a daughter too!”

 

Taeyeon rolled her eyes. Her mom always matches her with her friends’ children because she wants Taeyeon to go out and date, but Taeyeon likes to focus on her job more.

 

“Mom, I’m not interested in anyone.”

 

“Are you seeing someone?”

 

“What…”

 

Mrs Kim went into the living room and saw a girl lying on the couch.

 

“Whoa! Is this what keeps you busy? You should’ve told me!” Mrs Kim’s eyes widened and Taeyeon’s eyes widened too.

 

“Huh?”

 

“Won’t you introduce me to this lady over here?” Mrs Kim teased Taeyeon and Taeyeon choked.

 

“Uhm, hey...” Taeyeon gave the girl light taps on the shoulder.

 

The girl squirmed and opened her eyes slowly, she saw an old woman looking at her adoringly and a young woman who looked like she’s going to have a heart attack soon. She sat up and rubbed her eyes as she tried to remember how she got to that place.

 

“Why am I here?” the girl asked confusedly and Mrs Kim looked at Taeyeon and pinched her ears.

 

“Yah, that’s correct! Taeyeon, why is your girlfriend on the sofa and not your bed? Did you two fight?” The old woman gave her daughter a lecture.

 

“She’s not my girlfriend!”

 

“Come on, your girlfriend looks cute. Thinking about it I think she looks familiar.”

 

And that made the drunk hangover girl sober.

 

“Girlfriend?”

 

‘Oh, .’

 

 

***

 

 

The two of them sat on the sofa while Mrs. Kim looked at the two.

 

“So, that’s what happened…” Taeyeon explained and the young girl looked embarrassed.

 

“Hmm, so she’s not your girlfriend?” Mrs Kim asked.

 

“Of course not, she’s not my girlfriend!”

 

“Yeah, says the kiss mark on your cheeks.”

 

‘Oh, no.’

 

Taeyeon put her palm on her cheeks to erase whatever marked in there and blushed.

 

“Uhm… she’s telling the truth.” the girl beside Taeyeon said.

 

“Then, can you explain those for me? I’m confused.” Mrs. Kim asked amusedly while Taeyeon tried to wipe her cheeks.

 

“I’m sorry… I was really having a bad day yesterday and I got drunk because they fired me on my job… As for that, I’m not sure what I did last night so I apologize.” The girl told her side.

 

“What’s your name, sweetheart?” Mrs. Kim asked.

 

“Tiffany Hwang.” the girl timidly replied.

 

“Whoa! Tiffany Hwang? Are you perhaps Mrs Hwang’s daughter? The owner of the bakery shop down the street?” Mrs Kim asked.

 

Tiffany was surprised and nodded.

 

“Wow, small world! Taeyeon, she’s your childhood friend!”

 

“Huh?”

 

“You know our neighbours that moved to America when you were young? That’s Tiffany’s family. Her mom and dad are my friends! They came back to Korea years ago.” Mrs Kim clasped her hands in excitement.

 

Taeyeon looked at Tiffany.

 

“Now, thinking about it, the first time I saw her, she looked familiar.”

 

‘But we’re not that closed before.’ Taeyeon grimaced.

 

She remembered the Hwang child that used to steal her colouring pencils and broke them into pieces and that always made her cry when she was a child.

 

Tiffany on the other hand looked at Mrs Kim and Taeyeon.

 

“I don’t really remember,” Tiffany said in confusion.

 

“Sone’s daycare?” Taeyeon tried to say.

 

“Oh... Oh,” Tiffany chuckled lightly and her eyes lit up in realization, “Kim Taengoo!” she recalled.

 

“Please.” Taeyeon rolled her eyes.

 

“Well, Tiffany. I brought some breakfast. Please do join us.” Mrs. Kim offered and Tiffany was too shy to turn down the offer.

 

“Thank you.”

 

But Taeyeon, knowing her mother, saw a familiar glint on her mother’s eyes.

 

‘Oh, damn. She’s going to play cupid again.’

 

After their wonderful breakfast where Mrs Kim interviewed Tiffany, Taeyeon saw her mom got Tiffany’s number and hugged the young girl. The young girl seems to be fond of her mother because her mom is quite funny and humorous.

 

The charm of being a Kim.

 

“I have to go, Mrs Kim. I enjoyed the breakfast. I’m sorry again for causing you inconvenience, Taeyeon and thank you for taking care of me.” Tiffany bowed.

 

“It’s okay just don’t drink-” Taeyeon was about to give Tiffany a lecture but Mama Kim just had to in again.

 

“Feel free to come back here! I’ll cook you delicious food.” Mrs Kim sincerely offered.

 

“Really? Thank you so much, Mrs. Kim.”

 

“Nonsense, just call me mom. Send my regards to your mom and dad.”

 

“Thank you again, mom.” they hugged once again and bi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter