Halloween S4. A Lost Soul

What’s Inside Your Head?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Title: S4: A Lost Soul

     

Summary: Taeyeon is a heiress who lives a perfect life. She thought her life was perfect until she got into an accident that left her in a comatose state. Her soul wandered away from her body until she met her soul mate, Tiffany.

 

AN: Hi readers! Dorky is the last one who submitted her story in this Halloween series. Hehe~

 

Work life is hard. And not to mention that I’m such an old grannie that can easily get tired or sick. I still love writing. I always love writing. But I love my resting time more so I often choose to have some rest and be lazy instead of trying to come up with some new stories xD

 

And this one shot that you’re about to read could probably be written longer, but again, sorry for being lazy and old. But if the demand is high, who knows :p

 

And last but not least, stay safe everyone!

 

XOXO,

Dorky (Cass)

 

BEGIN.

 

Every morning, Taeyeon woke up with a content smile on her face. 

 

“How I love my life.” That’s the exact same words that she always whispered out to herself every day without fail, in 26 years of her life's existence. 

 

She has a perfect life.

 

She has beauty, money, and love. Life couldn’t get any better than this.

 

She’s the oldest grand-daughter of Kim Junsu. The founder of Kim Corp, the biggest retailer in South Korea since 1957. After her grandfather passed away 6 years ago, the company’s ownership was passed to his oldest son, which is Taeyeon’s father.

 

And Taeyeon became the main heiress of Kim Corp. She has been working in the company as the CEO for three years now. As soon as she obtained her master degree, her father gave her that position. 

 

Actually she has one older brother named Jiwoong, and one younger sister named Hayeon. Jiwoong also worked in the company but their father always loved Taeyeon more since they were kids. Because Taeyeon is the smartest, the brightest one among the three. Thus he chose Taeyeon to be the next successor after him. He knows Taeyeon is the only hope for Kim Corp in the future. 

 

But Taeyeon is glad that her siblings always support her. They always got her back. 

 

As for her love life, Taeyeon has been dating her high school sweetheart, Kim Hyuna, for almost 10 years, who is also her fiancee now. And Taeyeon already proposed to her last year. They are planning to get married by the end of this year. Everyone called them the perfect duo. The charming-successful young CEO and the y-famous actress who already won tons of awards. And what they have is everyone’s relationship’s goal. 

 

Perfect family, uncountable money that will never run out even for the next 7 generations after hers, and a true love. 

 

Perfect life, indeed.

 

Until one eventful night..

 

Taeyeon had a rough day in the office that forced her to stay there until the late hour. It was raining cats and dogs when she exited the building with her black Mercedes.

 

Taeyeon being the kind soul she is, told her driver to go home first and she’ll drive the car on her own. 

 

22:50 

 

Taeyeon dialed her fiancee number by pressing some buttons on her steering wheel.

 

“Hey babe.” A sleepy husky voice greeted her.

 

Despite her exhaustion, Taeyeon found herself with a wide smile after hearing that beautiful familiar voice.

 

“Hey. Sorry, did I wake you up?” Taeyeon guiltily asked.

 

“No, it’s okay. I was waiting for your call anyway. Where are you, baby?”

 

“I’m on my way to my house. I’m in the XXX road already.”

 

“Ah, that’s like 15 minutes from your place. You’re already near. I’m glad. I’m worried you know. You should have asked your driver to wait for you and drive you home.”

 

“It’s okay, babe. I’m okay. I--”

 

*BRAKK*

 

Hyuna gasped loudly. She heard a very loud clashing sound from the other line.

 

“Babe?! What was that??”

 

“...”

 

“Babe? What happened?? Taeyeon?!”

 

“...”

 

“YAH KIM TAEYEON ANSWER ME!”

 

Soon the news was everywhere. In the TV, radio, newspaper, spreading like a wild-fire.

 

The young heiress of Kim Corp, Kim Taeyeon (26) is involved in a car accident where her car is being trampled by another car. Both drivers are in critical condition.

 

***

 

Taeyeon woke up, she blinked her eyes rapidly, trying to adjust her eyes with the sudden brightness.

 

All she can see is white.

 

“Am I dead?” That was the first thought she had as soon as she opened her eyes.

 

The crash is still played vividly in her mind. She remembers everything. From the accident, to the fear she felt when she saw that car running toward her car at full speed, she knew the crashing was impossible to avoid. So she closed her eyes and waited for the impact, for the pain. Yes, she still remembered the pain too. It was so painful.

 

But how surprised she is when she wakes up and finds herself inside a hospital room with her parents and siblings beside her. Hyuna is there too. Everyone she loves is in the room with her. 

 

“How lucky I am.” Taeyeon thought to herself.

 

Taeyeon smiled and let out a relief sigh. She’s still alive. She doesn’t even feel a slightest pain which makes her wonder what kind of magical treatment that the doctor has been giving to heal her. That’s very impressive. 

 

Taeyeon tried to reach out her hand to pat her father’s hand. But her hand straightly passed it as if she’s just an air. 

 

She tried again, but the result is still the same. 

 

Taeyeon’s eyes went wide in horror. Thinking she was in some bad dreams and she needed to wake up from it immediately. She then turned around and gasped in horror.

 

There on the bed, she saw her own body lying lifelessly there. 

 

And that’s when she finally realized. That she's no longer alive. She’s not dead yet, but her soul is no longer inside her body. 

 

Taeyeon yelled and cried, even though no one would hear her.

 

***

 

Taeyeon thought nothing is worse than dealing with her current state. Where she’s still breathing but she never knows whether she will really wake up or not. Her physical body is relying on the machines. She’s in comatose.

 

In the past 5 days she has been watching how her family members and her fiancee came to visit her. At first she felt happy with their companion. Thinking how she should feel grateful to have these people with her.

 

Until they showed their true color.

 

Her father who undoubtedly loves her, but suddenly never came to visit her again. No news heard from him.

 

Her mother who only looked worried and fake her cry whenever her father was around. But after her father leaves the room, her mother’s cry will automatically stop and she will look at Taeyeon with so much hatred.

 

Same goes to her siblings. Jiwoong who smiled wickedly at her sister’s lifeless body, wishing her little sister to never wake up again. 

 

And Hayeon who came with her boyfriend just to show how her sister is really dying. The two even cheered for it. 

 

Taeyeon didn’t understand why at first, but soon she understands everything.

 

Her father who undoubtedly loves her, but loves his company more. Since Taeyeon is absent, it means the company needed him more than ever. He has to take care of the company on his own without his beloved-reliable daughter. Also at the same time fulfilling Taeyeon’s empty spot, taking care of Taeyeon’s part. He became so busy and he finally stopped coming to the hospital to check on her dying daughter.

 

Her mother never likes her because her favorite kid is always Jiwoong. But her husband only cares about Taeyeon. Taeyeon this. Taeyeon that. Taeyeon did this. Taeyeon did that. Taeyeon, Taeyeon, and only Taeyeon. His love for Taeyeon is exceeding anything else, even to his love for his wife. Her mother thought she has been treated unfairly ever since Taeyeon was born.

 

Jiwoo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter