CFS II: I Got Relationship Advice From My Cats

What’s Inside Your Head?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Whenever I have pets, I always look beyond the breed. That’s why I ended up taking care of five cats at home. Sometimes, they’re on my lawn. Oftentimes, at my neighbour’s houses too. Each of them got a different personality that I could compare with my previous relationships. I realized that cats are like humans too, it’s just, cats are so much better sometimes.


 

Number One: The Clingy Cat

 

My cat Brylle: Always on my side…even when I use the bathroom. She likes sitting on my lap and always on my shoulders even if I’m doing things. I couldn’t even leave the house without my morning routine with Brylle to get her off my car. Just like Brylle, my first relationship was like her, very clingy.

 

High school, puppy love. When you’re in love especially those early stages of late-night calls and texts and dating, you will feel the urge of wanting to be with each other 24/7 however, it’s so important to set healthy boundaries in a relationship so both of you can grow together.

 

My first girlfriend, Sunny AKA The Clingy Cat.

 

When I first met Sunny, I felt as if I met the sunshine of my life. The flowers smell so nice in the morning and the air feels so much lighter.

 

“I want to date you!” She confessed to me one day and the feeling was mutual so I replied, “Yehey, Let’s date!” excitedly. However, things are not as I thought they would be.

 

It started with several calls a day.

 

“Babyyyy!” she whined on the phone call.

 

“Hmmm?” I replied.

 

“Why didn’t you answer my call?” then she sobbed.

 

“Baby, I am in the toilet,” I explained.

 

“I don’t believe you!” she sounded upset so I thought of ways to make her believe me. I flushed the toilet.

 

“Did you hear that?” I asked and she paused for a while before she speaks.

 

“Picture or it didn’t happen,” she said and I grimaced.

 

“But I already flushed it!” I said then she started to cry harder

 

“You’re lying to me huhu”

 

Next were the repeated messages.

 

Don’t get me wrong, I liked texting Sunny but at 3 AM when I have class at 8 AM, my eyes shut down themselves, often times we fought about it so I tried to stay up by drinking coffee at night.

 

“Why are you ignoring me?” she texted.

 

“Baby, I’m typing my message okay?” I replied.

 

“You haven’t texted me in 1 min and 12 seconds. T_T” she said.

 

My thumbs are too fat to type faster.

 

Having less time with my friends.

 

“Bro, we haven’t seen you for a long time! Come join us later.” My bro, Hyoyeon coaxed me but I remember, Sunny wants me to be with her later so I declined.

 

“I think I’ll pass, sorry bro.”

 

“You’re always with your girlfriend, doesn’t she have some friends too?” Hyoyeon jokingly asked.

 

“Next time, okay?”

 

Then, the next time became the standard answer until I quit the group because Sunny doesn’t like them.

 

Constant reassurance every minute.

 

“Do you love me?” she asked one time while we were in class and the teacher was teaching math that requires my 100% focus and attention because I’m dumb with numbers but of course as a loving girlfriend, I replied, “Yes, baby.”

 

After a minute, she started again. She poked my back with a pencil and asked again.

 

“Do you love me?”

 

I looked back and answered, “Yes baby.”

 

Then, I noticed Mr Park looking at me so I focus again but Sunny just kept poking my back to ask one question again.

 

“Do you love me?”

 

“Do you love me?”

 

“Do you love me?”

 

“Do you love me?”

 

“Do you love me?”

 

“Do you love me?”

 

I started to lose my composure and yelled “Yes goddamn it!”

 

Then everyone looked at me and Sunny started to cry loudly. My teacher sent me into detention and Sunny broke up with me.


 

Number Two: The Dominant Cat

 

Jigs, my dominant Cat. When it’s feeding time, it’s feeding time. She got her own time. Has to follow or she’ll throw a fit. She’s scary, one stare and I had to follow. I’m her slave.

 

Just like my second relationship, Jessica AKA the dominant cat.

 

There’s always a charm in being assertive, confident and unrelenting however, too much of this could lead to trouble of being controlling.


 

Always on the dot.

 

“You’re late,” she said as she looked at her watch.

 

“Sorry, I had to catch the bus, my car broke down this morning,” I explained while panting.

 

“So, here’s what we’re going to do today…” After she briefed me I was impressed, “Wow, you already planned everything?” I asked

 

“Uhuh.” then I remembered. I don’t have toilet paper at home.

 

“Uhm, can we drop at the supermarket later?” I asked and she shook her head, “Didn’t you hear my plan for today?” she said sternly

 

“R-Right.”

 

At night time when I used number two, I realized the hardship of having no toilet paper at home.

 

“I’m so buying toilet paper first thing in the morning!”

 

My personal stylist according to her taste.

 

“The colour blue doesn’t suit you, try orange,” she said as she picked my clothes.

 

Orange is my least favourite.

 

“Uh, I don’t want to attract too much attention by wearing neon colours.” I politely declined and she glared at me.

 

“R-Right, orange it is! Ha.ha.ha.” I nervously laughed.

 

Then, when night time came and I was wearing my neon orange shirt, I became the pedestrian's guide when they wanted to pass the road.

 

At least it has a purpose, right?

 

Her personal assistant AKA slave.

 

“Babe, can you pick me up at 10 AM, I have a meeting to attend.”

 

“Okay, babe.”

 

“Babe, can you deliver this parcel to this address? It’s my present for my friend. I’m too busy to go there.”

 

“Okay, babe.”

 

“Babe, can you buy me pancakes?”

 

“Babe, it’s 9 PM?”

 

“Yes, babe.”

 

“Okay, babe.”

 

“Babe, change of plans, can you go to this address and pick me up?”

 

“I'm three hours away from you babe.”

 

“I know.”

 

“Okay, boss.”

 

When Babe became boss, you know that something is wrong.

 

You can’t be your real self around them

 

Jessica was a perfect girl but I am not. Every time I tried to show my real goofy self, she always thought I was stupid, I couldn’t joke around her that much because she was too serious. We’re to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter