R19. Meme Of The Year

What’s Inside Your Head?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Title: R19. Meme Of The Year

 

Summary: In which Taeyeon met the person in her favourite meme pictures.

 

A/N: Hey, knurd here! ing finally, I got a request to crack and here I am with my bizarre idea. Or is it? I’ve been really anxious and depressed lately so I’m here to have fun. I worked on this for an hour. This is going to be short. Enjoy! :D

 

 

***

 

BEGIN.

 

Scrolling on her phone to amuse herself with memes became Taeyeon’s form of self-care.

 

‘The dyslexic Mayan who wrote 2012 instead of 2021.’

 

On the photo was a Mayan man wearing an ‘Ooops!’ expression.

 

“Haha! Well, ain’t it true? I wouldn’t be surprised if the world crumbled down tomorrow.” she giggled and scrolled some more on her feed, not forgetting to forward the meme picture to her friends.

 

Then, she saw a video on IG, a man drinking 50 shots of vodka before he passed out. She sent it to her friends again with a message, ‘Drinks with me, anyone?’

 

One of her friends replied, ‘The alcohol we need now is used to sanitize hands and not the shots you drink that burns your throat. You had too much alcohol. Sober up.’

 

It was her friend, Sunny who drinks a lot and had the guts to tell her to sober up, she chuckled before she replied a photo of Sunny vomiting on a car.

 

‘Sure, tell me when you know how to. I might consider it. ;)’

 

Then, Sunny sent her a meme. It was a girl who was looking at the camera with a disbelief and betrayal expression.

 

‘How to delete me from Earth?’

 

She recognized the girl on the meme picture. It was the same girl on the meme picture she always uses. 

 

‘She’s that viral, huh?’ Taeyeon smiled and went to sleep.

 

***

Taeyeon loves to use memes on messages. Especially that one meme picture she always like. The girl who wore an expression of disgust and sarcasm while looking at the camera with great judgement.

 

‘You ain’t cooler than me.’

 

The meme caption said.

 

She decided to send it to her ex after her ex called her crazy and toxic when she initiated a break-up.

 

‘You should fix yourself so I can show you to my friends!’ her ex told her one time.

 

Taeyeon isn’t the type of girl to put makeup on and fix herself. But the break-up and her ex’s words hurt her pride.

 

The greatest comeback she did was made her self better. She’s been practising self-care for a month now. Having no boyfriend made her feel so great. Zero problems, Zero tears and Zero issues.

 

After a month of looking better, she posted a photo on her SNS and a miracle came or a great mystery was sent on her DM.

 

‘I still love you.’

 

That was her ex-boyfriend.

 

Taeyeon couldn’t help but scoff.

 

She scrolled on her library of memes and saw a familiar face again.

 

‘That meme girl again?’ she laughed.

 

The meme girl was wearing her highschool toga with the caption, ‘You’re all going to regret not dating me in high school.’ Then, besides the high school picture was the pretty version of the girl looking directly in the camera with a proud look and smirked plastered on her face.

 

“She’s hot,” she commented as she clicked on the picture and send it as a reply to the sleazy douche mother ing sinful message sent her by her ex.

 

She received a reply after two minutes, ‘But I dated you in college though.’

 

Instead of typing a message and wasting energy, she decided to send a meme again, she looked over the internet and saw the ‘Meme of the Year.’ website.

 

That girl again with her eyes closed, looking so done with life and everything. The meme caption under, ‘Noot sure if ur trooollin’ or just stoopid.’

 

‘They said to love the second time around is the sweetest, please, let’s meet up.’ her ex replied.

 

She looks for a savage meme again. She saw the same girl on the Meme of the Year site. The photo was so viral that a lot of people commented under it.

 

‘This girl looks like she’s so done with her life haha.’ 

 

‘Seriously, she’s everywhere!’

 

‘Who’s this girl?’

 

‘HAHA, hilarity ensures!’

 

‘Her eye smile is too cute!’

 

Taeyeon laughed at the comments and looked at the photo once again. It was a four photo grid together. The girl was once again with her eyes closed looking like she’s taking deep breaths in stressed.

 

The four grid photo caption was,

 

 ‘Ugh, wow rly.’

 

‘R u srs’

 

‘Omg wow’

 

‘So interesting, keep talkin’

 

She once sent it as a response to her freaky ex-boyfriend and clicked ‘BLOCKED’ like ing finally, she got the balls to do that.

 

She felt exalted 

 

“Looking at the best version of yourself is the greatest form of vengeance to the people who once ed and ditched you around.”

 

***

 

Taeyeon went to a popular cafe to try their signature dessert. ALONE. Because she’s single and she was too cheap to treat her friends for free. She looked at the dess

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter