R9. Haters

What’s Inside Your Head?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Title: R9. Haters

 

Summary: In which Taeyeon is a die-hard fan of Tiffany Hwang, a solo idol that she adored since she was 13.

 

A/N: 

Hi, readers! This is Dorky speaking-writing!

It's my second shot here. Not an angst this time :P

Just a light one. Hope you guys will like it still :)

 

***

 

BEGIN.

 

She fought with people who say bad things about Tiffany. She didn’t even hesitate to have a physical fight with them. She bought all of Tiffany’s albums even though it means she has to eat ramyun for a month straight. She didn’t date because she strongly believes her one true love is Tiffany. People around her start to call her crazy and look at her in pity because of that but Taeyeon remained unbothered. 

 

Taeyeon when she was 14. 

 

“She will never know you anyway!” One of her classmates said to her one day after Taeyeon confronted her and asked her to stop gossiping about Tiffany because that’s not true. 

 

“I know. So?” Taeyeon calmly responded. 

 

“So why are you defending her as if your life is depending on it when she doesn’t even know you exist?!”

 

“Because I love her. So I will do everything I could to protect her.”

 

“Yeah yeah, keep on dreaming, freak.”

 

They mocked her and laughed at her, and that hurts. But she won’t stop defending Tiffany with everything she has.

 

***

 

Fast forward to ten years later. Maybe after being an adult, Taeyeon will come to her senses, and finally, let go of her obsession toward Tiffany.

 

After all, life as an adult who’s dealing with the adult’s responsibility and struggles are hella hard. Maybe she’ll forget Tiffany now.

 

Taeyeon when she’s 24.

 

“You look busy. Is it work?” Yuri, one of Taeyeon’s close friends asked one day when she paid a visit to Taeyeon’s place on a sunny beautiful Sunday.

 

They are supposed to have a movie marathon and grab some dinner later. 

 

Taeyeon nodded but her eyes remained focused on her laptop, busily typing on the keyboard.

 

“But It's weekend! C’mon! I don’t know you can be such a workaholic. I admire your hard work , but you need to know when to have a break, buddy.” Yuri said with sympathy. 

 

“You’re right. But this work is different. I feel like a cool spy when I infiltrate these kinds of groups.” Taeyeon said with a sinister smile on her face. 

 

“In--You what?!”

 

“I infiltrated groups of Tiffany’s haters, pretending to be just like them and collected the evidence there. I sent their names to SM Ent along with the screen-capture of their chats, so they can legally proceed with the report and punish those losers.” Taeyeon smiled victoriously. She’s waiting for some compliments from her friend.

 

“Uh... And they will give you something or what?” Yuri is beyond confused. She didn’t know Taeyeon is working for SM Ent too. Her friend never told her that.

 

“Nah, I did it for free.” And Yuri’s mouth fell open.

 

“W-why? I mean you worked so hard even on the weekend and you gain nothing from it?”

 

“I just wanted to help SM. So they can report those morons. So my beloved Fany will always be happy and stress-free. She once had a real hard time because of her haters you know. I won’t let that happen again.” Taeyeon said, looking so determined.

 

“Man... You got it real bad.” Yuri said as she shook her head disapprovingly. But Taeyeon just shrugged and continued working diligently on her ‘part-time’ job.

 

***

 

(Two weeks later)

 

 

“Taeyeon! Where are you going? It’s still dawn!” Taeyeon’s mom caught her just in time before Taeyeon closed the door behind her.

 

“Ah, uh... Hehe, ~ Ihavearealimportantmeetingtoattendso.. See you later, mom!” Taeyeon said in one breath and quickly closed the door and ran away.

 

“YAH KIM TAEYEON!!” Ignoring the way her mom sounds so mad at her. She’ll deal with her angry mom later. For now, she has a more important task to do.

 

***

 

Tiffany watched a drama called ‘The Producer’ and she thinks what Cindy (a character that happened to be played by IU, Tiffany’s idol since she was 6) did there is pretty awesome and inspirational. And she just feels challenged to do the same thing. 

 

So she consulted it with her manager one day. 

 

“Are you insane?! I thought you’re just dumb. Turns out you’re crazy too.” Sooyoung sighed as she massaged her throbbing temple.

 

Her artist is really one of a kind. Sometimes in a good way, but most of the time in a bad way.

 

“Yah! You know I can fire you anytime I want, Soo.” Tiffany pretended to look scary and all bossy on her manager. 

 

“Yeah, I know you can. But I also know you won’t. Because you can never find a manager like me. Ever. I’m the best. And you know that. At least the best in handling you.” Sooyoung pointed out. 

 

“Hehe well yeah, I can’t debate that. But anyway, with your blessing or not, I will do it!” Tiffany said, looking so determined. 

 

She can be so stubborn when she wants something. Just like a spoiled brat. Which is not completely wrong.

 

“You’re crazy, Hwang Miyoung. Look, I still don’t get it. What’s the goodwill you get for attending your HATERS’ gathering? Where you will meet all of the people who hate you and will hear their speeches about how they hate you.” Sooyoung pointed out as a matter-of-factly. 

 

“I know. But I just want to know the reason why they hate me.” Tiffany innocently said. Again, a brat. Can be too pure sometimes. 

 

“Well, they hate you just because they can hate you. Even with all of that nonsense and bull they can make just so they can hate you. They just feel envy for you.”

 

“But still, maybe after I know the reason why they hate me, I can fix it and make them like me! We can’t solve a problem if we don’t even know what the problem is, right?”

 

“Oh no. Don’t you go all smart on me, I’m smarter than you. Always. Again like I said, they can just hate you for no reason. Because they are a bunch of jobless losers. And listening to their nonsense would only hurt you!”

 

“Whoa whoa whoa. Thanks for the concern. And thanks for showing me how much you love me, but please Soo, just this time. You can come too if you want. If that can make you feel at ease.” 

 

“I’m not worried about you. I don’t want you to disturb me in the middle of the night just to hear you crying because you can’t forget what they said about you.”

 

“I won’t!”

 

“Ck. Do whatever please you, then. Just don’t bawl your eyes out at me later.”

 

***

 

So finally it’s the D-day of the big meeting of Tiffany Hwang’s haters. 

 

Well, of course, all idols have their fans and haters. Including Tiffany. And she knows her fanbase is way bigger than her haters. But still, Tiffany is just curious about what kind of things that her so-called haters will discuss in their gathering. 

 

So today, with her all back outfit, from a baggy black hoodie, and black ripped jeans, a black mask that covers almost all of her face, leaving only her two eyes that can be seen, and a black hat (Tiffany always pays a lot of attention to her fashion. So today’s theme is all black but looking fancy still), Tiffany confidently walked toward the room where the gathering will be held. 

 

She bet no one will recognize her. Oh, she even grabbed her nerdy glasses too and wore it to make the disguise even more perfect.

 

She had her hair safely tucked inside her hat.

 

To her surprise, the people in there are like only 10. Tiffany quickly scanned her surroundings and counted in her head. 

 

Yep right. 10 people. 

 

But suddenly a rather eye-catching blonde walked in. 11 people. She has 11 haters. 

 

This fashionably late blonde is not wearing a mask. Unlike the others. Maybe feeling confident about being Tiffany Hwang’s hater. 

 

For some reason, Tiffany can’t stop staring at the blonde. Maybe because she’s pretty. Like so pretty. With her white-porcelain like skin, her small face, her cute little pointy nose and beautiful brown eyes  

 

Tiffany can’t help but frown deeply behind her mask.

 

Why such a pretty girl like her has to be Tiffany’s hater. 

 

Tiffany wanted to know why that girl hates her. So Tiffany stealthily takes a seat beside that girl. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter