R1. Jellies For The Jealous

What’s Inside Your Head?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


 

 

R1. Jellies For The Jealous

 

Summary: Taeyeon hates flat earthers, the doughnut theory and baseless facts, but things changed when she met the perfect girl who made her believe everything is possible.

 

Characters: TaeNy, Sooyoung, Jessica and Chanyeol.

 

 

BEGIN

 

“The Earth is flat.” one of the boys at the science classroom told his friend and our usual nerd heroine entered the scene as she glared at the boy and started to prove her points.

 

“Mr Park Chanyeol, I begged to differ but that theory is a fallacy.”

 

It’s Kim Taeyeon. A hype nerd who’s always up for debates. With her glasses, loose ponytail and a clean uniform, she rocks the entire campus with her facts.

 

“Taeyeon, don’t roast a flat earther. They might gang up on you and take you to the edge of the Earth. Your legs manifest its fear of heights.” It was her friend slash the school president, Choi Sooyoung who has more controversial views of the Earth’s shape.

 

“Well, roasting a flat earther is much better than your delusional set of fantasies and my height is okay, thank you.” Taeyeon expressed her dislike as she scrunched her nose.

 

“The Earth is a doughnut and the reason why the sky is blue is that we see the ocean above us. It’s 2020! Everything is possible!” Sooyoung defended herself.

 

“Can you stop associating everything with food?” Taeyeon sighed.

 

Chanyeol spoke words that triggered Taeyeon again, “The Earth is flat, we’re living on Dragon Ball Z.”

 

“The Earth is round! I saw a video from NASA!” Taeyeon insisted.

 

“That was fabricated!” Chanyeol countered.

 

“If the Earth was flat, I’ll kick your stupid first on the edge!”

 

“Gravity will hold me!”

 

“Shut up you fools! The Earth is a doughnut and it’s lunchtime, I want to eat!” Sooyoung complained.

 

“If Earth is a doughnut then meteorites and asteroids are ants!” Taeyeon started to give out her science lecture to her friends when the group of popular girls entered their classroom and saw the ruckus all about.

 

Two pretty girls entered the scene. Jessica Jung and the queen of the campus.

 

“Tif, I didn’t have my homework with me.” 

 

“Not a problem, we can just ask some boys to do it for us, Jess.”

 

“You and your fans.”

 

Their chitchats were cut short by a commotion caused by an angry nerd.

 

“Apollo did not land on the Moon.”

 

“He’s right. The footprints aren't his size.”

 

“THERE WAS A FOOTAGE!” 

 

“Why is it so noisy- Oh, it’s just the nerds having a debate. AGAIN.” 

 

It was a pretty girl.

 

ing

 

Perfect

 

Face

 

Hwang

 

With her ombre hair down, red lipstick and ribbon on her hair, she has the power to gather the people around her.

 

“Tiffany, Can I have your number? I’ll trade my annoying classmate, Kim Taeyeon as a return to be your slave.” It was Chanyeol who immediately ran to Tiffany and left Taeyeon in the middle of her speech.

 

Tiffany blinks and looks at Chanyeol quizzically.

 

“Kim Tae who?”

 

“YAH, PARK CHANYEOL!” 

 

Then, Tiffany saw an angry dwarf coming in their direction.

 

“Interesting. I love Snow White, but I need six more dwarves.” she dryly commented.

 

“Excuse me Ms. Hwang Miyoung, but my BMI is proportional to my height, thank you.”

 

Tiffany’s eyes widened and glared at Taeyeon. “My name is Tiffany! It is Tiffany! How did you know my real name anyway?” 

 

“I am the vice president of the student council. Of course, I have access to the database of students.” Taeyeon said as a matter of fact.

 

“Oh, I didn’t know the vice president existed.” Jessica shrugged.

 

“It’s compulsory for the school organizational structure to have a vice president.” Taeyeon was about to cite the school manual until Tiffany stopped her.

 

“We get it, Ms. Kim.” Then she looked at Chanyeol and back at Jessica.

 

“Oh, no. I forgot my homework.” She acted worried and shocked and Chanyeol was quick enough to come for aid.

 

“Let me do it for you!”

 

“Thanks, Chanyeol.” Tiffany winked at him, Chanyeol nodded like a dog and Taeyeon grimaced.

 

“That’s cheating,” she commented.

 

“It’s not cheating if the other party was willing to do it.” Tiffany winked at her and went on her usual seat. 

 

“Do you have a sandwich?” Sooyoung asked lazily at Jessica.

 

“And who are you?”

 

“The great Choi Sooyoung.”

 

“What the actual ? You’re THE Choi Sooyoung? This sounds like a bogus!” Jessica heard good things about the president, she didn’t know that it’s just this lazy girl who asks random people for sandwiches.

 

“This isn't a scam, the world is a doughnut and I want one.”

 

“It’s not!”

 

“Shut the up, Taeyeon.”

 

“I only have a cheeseburger on my bag.” Jessica offered to the president.

 

“That’s okay, beggars can’t be choosers. Gimme.” 

 

When Sooyoung inspected the insides of the bun, she was disappointed.

 

“The cheese is missing, this isn’t a cheeseburger.”

 

“Do you want it or not?” Jessica rolled her eyes and was about to steal the sandwich from Sooyoung but Sooyoung lifted it on her head to not be reached.

 

“What’s given cannot be taken.”

 

And Taeyeon continued to stare at Tiffany’s face as she leaned closer to the girl’s face as if she’s having her quality check.

 

“W-What?”

 

“Nothing, you look like a flawless genes specimen that has a perfect DNA structure,” Taeyeon said seriously and Tiffany became red.

 

“Are you hitting on me?” Tiffany was shocked.

 

“Miss Hwang, I will never resort to violence.”

 

Tiffany put a palm on her face and sighed frustratedly, “When will this period end?” she groaned.

 

Meanwhile, Taeyeon was thinking hard.

 

“It’s unusual, I couldn’t find any imperfection on her face.” 

 

She had a new mission inside her head. Aside from proving to Chanyeol that the Earth isn’t flat and proving to Sooyoung that the Earth isn’t a doughnut, she’s determined to find imperfection on Tiffany.

 

‘Because a perfect human being doesn’t exist.’

 

 

***

 

Tiffany was peacefully eating lunch in the cafeteria until she choked when she felt someone sat in front of her just to stare at her.

 

“U-huk!-Goodness gracious, Kim Taeyeon!” she put her hands on her chest and drank her water.

 

“It’s odd that you eat your noodles gracefully.” Taeyeon seriously told her and she frowned.

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“It’s like you make everyone want to eat noodles too. It’s almost an advertisement.”

 

“Huh? Errr… My friends are coming any minute, do you mind?” Tiffany hid her blushes as she looked down.

 

‘Seriously, this girl says all the weirdest things with her expressionless face. Is she on drugs?’ Tiffany thought to herself.

 

“No, I don’t mind.” Taeyeon stood up before giving her a last look and said, “I’ll keep my eye on you, Ms. Hwang.”

 

And Tiffany was left gaping in awe wondering what just had happened.

 

‘What the was that?’

 

***

 

At the library, Tiffany saw Taeyeon struggling to get a book from the shelf. She almost laughed out loud that the librarian glared at her.

 

“Sorry.” She made a peace sign and stood beside Taeyeon to take the book.

 

But didn’t give it to poor Taengoo.

 

And Taeyeon looked so betrayed when Tiffany took it by herself and sat on the chair nearby.

 

‘That’s what you get for making me blush at lunch. My friends thought I had an allergy attack!’ Tiffany smirked when she saw Taeyeon came to her ready to lay down her arguments.

 

“Excuse me, Miss Hwang. I need that book for my research.” Tiffany looked at the book cover.

 

The title of the book is ‘Kill All the Flat Earthers With Your Facts.’

 

“Nope, I got it first.” she gave Taeyeon a shrug and proceeded to open the book’s content. Taeyeon sat in front of her in defeat to wait for the book.

 

“Holy , what the is this book? Who even thinks that the Earth is flat?” Tiffany burst into fits of giggles and Taeyeon felt as if time started to move so slowly as she watched the ethereal Hwang having the fun time of her life.

 

“Tiffany, what’s the shape of the Earth?” Taeyeon asked and Tiffany looked at her confusedly. It’s the first time Taeyeon called her by her first name.

 

“Uh, it’s round?”

 

‘I think I found the right person for me.’

 

Since then, Taeyeon started hitting on her in the nerdest way as possible.

 

***

 

Sooyoung kept pestering Jessica Jung for a sandwich so she followed Jessica on the toilet even if the latter insisted to relieve her dump but they heard murmurs and cries in the bathroom stall. 

 

“I SWEAR CHOI SOOYOUNG, PLEASE LEAVE, I NEED TO DO THIS OF THE CENTURY AND I DON’T NEED YOU TALKING ABOUT SANDWICHES WHILE I DO IT!” Jessica exclaimed in frustration.

 

“A doughnut is not a sandwich, Miss Jung,” Sooyoung said and they heard someone wail.

 

“Waaahh!” It sounds like a kid crying.”

 

“I-Is there a ghost here?” Sooyoung asked and Jessica widened her eyes, her urge to go for number two was postponed by fear.

 

“Who’s that? Get out or I’ll call the reptilians from Agartha to kick your !” Jessica threatened.

 

Then someone kicked the bathroom stall and screamed, “THE HOLLOW EARTH THEORY IS A HOAX!”

 

It was Kim Taeyeon and her red eyes.

 

“Taeyeon? Why are you crying?” Sooyoung asked when she saw Taeyeon holding a toilet paper on her hands to dry her tears.

 

“Remember, the toilet paper isn’t for the face, it’s for the !” Sooyoung looked so offended.

 

“She’s so pretty, it made me cry.” Taeyeon seriously stated.

 

“Who?” Jessica asked.

 

“Tiffany Hwang.”

 

Then, Jessica burst into fits.

 

“HAHAHA! Wait till you see her drool in her sleep!”

 

“I couldn’t find imperfection in her existence. I’m starting to think that science reached its epitome.”

 

“So, my dear friend finally has a crush?” Sooyoung teased.

 

“She looks so perfect all the way from her top to her squishy bottoms.” Taeyeon groaned.

 

“Don’t worry about the perfect Hwang...I’ll help you.” Jessica wiggled her brows.

 

“Yeah, I don’t worry about anything more than my favourite anime character dying.” Taeyeon nodded frantically.

 

The three of them started to plot the plan ‘HOW TO GET A HWANG TO BANG ME.’

 

***

 

They were inside the classroom during their idle time. Jessica was playing games on her laptop and Chanyeol, Sooyoung were watching her. Jessica rolled her eyes and turned the game off.

 

“Are you sure you want to exist?” Sooyoung mispronounced the word exit when she read the game notification.

 

“The problem with people is that they exist and they do not know why.” Jessica sighed.

 

“Does it matter why?” Chanyeol asked while watching Jessica close the game.

 

“Girls always like to know why.”

 

Sooyoung was drinking her soda until she dropped in on Jessica’s laptop when she saw Taeyeon.

 

“HOLY !”

 

“YEAH, HOLY YOU BROKE MY LAPTOP!”

 

It was Kim Taeyeon who looked as chic today as if she’s out to impress someone.

 

“Taeyeon, with this look, I can pretend that the world is round!” Chanyeol went beside her to look at her face and Taeyeon scoffed.

 

“My interest in men is like my interest in maths. Girls are like English literature for me. I like Shakespeare.”

 

 

“Ramen is the best type of men.”

 

“We can talk about girls but girls like mathematics more than English literature so my engagement with my cat is serious. We’re in a long term partnership.” Sooyoung shrugged as Jessica pinched her ea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter