R22. Dance Revo KING

What’s Inside Your Head?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Title: R22. Dance Revo KING

 

Summary: In which TaeNy tried to beat each other in an arcade game.

 

A/N:

 

Hai!

 

Just a short update! Sorry for being missing in action but I’m alive! LOL. Thanks for asking. I appreciate the DMs. I personally compiled the requests so I could see the ones I have not written yet. To the co-authors, you can send me a message if you wanna work on some of them and I’ll link you the remaining requests.  To those who still want to request, feel free to do so, so we can pick a lot of themes to write.

 

I would like to personally say thank you to the crowd sponsors and upvoters. I haven’t written things yet since I was having trouble with my mental health but I’m slowly picking myself up and starting anew again. I might come up something for the crowd sponsors soon. Please wait a bit. I hope this update would suffice for the meantime. :D

 

Everyone playing Genshin Impact? I’ve been playing recently and I find it fun.

 

Take Care!

 

-Knurd.

 

 

 

BEGIN.

 

Headache, backache, shoulder ache, muscle pain, eye strain… Ever wonder how you felt it all at once as you wait for your work-time to be over? Taeyeon was rushing on her paper due today as she was looking at the clock hanging on the wall.

 

*DING*

 

She heard a loud sound. It’s a signal that her work time is over but she understood that she has to take another overtime without pay.

 

‘ing hell.’

 

She tapped her fingers on her table and her legs were moving up and down as a sign of tension.

 

‘Is this really worth my time?’ she thought.

 

Never would she thought that she’ll grow up as an unhappy adult being a slave in corporal life. She used to be a creative girl with unique ideas, now, she’s just part of the mainstream crowd who chose to stay fit in social norms in order to fit in and survive.

 

She sighed as she thought about her dreams when she was younger. She’s definitely on a different path.

 

‘My dream is a far cry out of sitting my on a chair for 8 hours. It’s definitely something greater than that.’ she stopped typing on her computer.

 

She heard a knock on her cubicle and when she looked up, she saw an old man on his 50’s smiling at her and said, “It’s late now, you can go home and finish that tomorrow.” 

 

Just like that, Taeyeon felt the blood rushing through her veins. ‘Is this a miracle?’ Hell, she’ll gladly take every opportunity to rest.

 

“Thank you, Mr Park!” she enthusiastically told the old man and the old man waved at her as a sign he’s going to go.

 

Taeyeon finally had a smile plastered on her face the first time today.

 

“Rest time is arcade time!” she cheered and immediately fixed her things and rushed on her usual arcade place.

 

Her place to unwind and have some fun.

 

She packed up her bag and she’s ready to go.

 

Taeyeon found herself looking at the blinking lights signage outside the arcade.

 

‘Beat it!’

 

She smiled and went inside. She heard blasting sounds from the speakers. She saw various plushies inside different claw machines. She went over the token machine and inserted a five-dollar bill.

 

‘This got to be worth my money.’ she thought.

 

The moment she had her tokens, she went ahead and play on claw machines.

 

“A Nemo plushy!” she squealed in delight. She put tokens inside the machine and move the joystick. She pressed the button repetitively.

 

Her first try was a failure.

 

Her second try was a mistake.

 

Her third try was stupid.

 

She stopped trying on her fourth try.

 

She failed to realize how the claw machine is a scam that she almost lost all her tokens. She walked further inside the place and saw Indiana Jones and Temple of Doom. 

 

“This is a good game to get some tokens!” she sat in front of another scammed machine.

 

‘This is the only place where being scammed is fun.’

 

However, she managed to win by some luck and got ten tokens in return.

 

“Ha!” she cheered, however, she heard some crowd cheering louder on a distant. She decided to check it out and make her way through the crowd.

 

She saw the ‘Dance Dance Revolution’ machine and a girl beating a guy into a pulp with her fast moves on the dance pad as she was holding into supporting rail at her back and her eyes trained to focus on the screen as she was dancing into the rhythm of ‘Just Dance.’

 

The girl hit the arrows accurately and do combos effortlessly.

 

“Wow.” Taeyeon was in awe.

 

‘YOU WON!’

 

The screen showed to the girl and the guy scratched his head and went down on the dance pad. He gave his betting money on the girl defeatedly.

 

“Thanks, man!” the girl grinned at the guy.

 

“I dare you to try two pads at once!” another guy challenged the girl and the girl looked at the guy.

 

“What is it for me?”

 

“10 bucks!”

 

“That’s easy.” the girl inserted tokens on the machine and did the 2 pads challenged.

 

She danced in the rhythm of ‘Everytime We Touch by Cascada.’

 

Taeyeon was amazed as she saw a lot of ‘Perfect’ on the screen. The girl was sweating but she looks so graceful.

 

“She’s really good at this game, huh?”

 

Her feet stomped like

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter