R12. One Night in Vegas

What’s Inside Your Head?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Title: R12. One Night in Vegas

Summary:
Kim Taeyeon was a woman of blue skies and high altitudes, but one who was a bit of a . Tiffany Hwang was a person of too wide smiles and grounded beliefs, but someone who lacked backbone. With one thing in common, the lack of a lover, the two women encounter one another in the night of Vegas.

However, a night in Vegas has to be followed by a morning in Vegas, right?

A/N:
Hello, readers! I'm your new co-author, Damialuz :) I'll be helping nerd and dorky out with writing requests. I hope my work is received well and I'll be doing my very best to not let y'all down! Thanks for having me and please take care of me ^^

The given prompt has been altered a bit. The initial layout of the plotline has been edited slightly, but I hope that you will be satisfied nonetheless!

I look forward to any feedback you might give me!

♡ Damia

 Incheon airport was filled to the brim with secrets. From accidents having occurred on the runway, from scandals to love stories. Secret places only a select few knew of. But one secret, a piece of prime insider knowledge, was of the Fantastic Four Pilots.

 Truly they were a sight to behold. All of them walking in time with one another, strutting down the wide pathways of the airport like they owned the place — Ravishing! They would converse casually, sometimes laughing, sometimes playing. But what truly made them exceptional was their faces. No one quite knew how it had happened, but somehow all the pilots on a regular schedule had turned out to be extremely beautiful.

 There was Jung Yunho, the pilot with the most seniority. His chiselled face and kind smile had made the flight attendants swoon for years. If only he wasn’t married, he could’ve beaten Taemin when it came to landing ladies. Speaking of that rascal, Lee Taemin, he was another member of their little squad. He was handsome in an angelic way, smile toothy and innocent, eyes curved into crescents. But there was something sinful about the boy, a devilish side only his co-workers knew of. Lee Taemin was someone whose bad side you didn’t want to be on, but who you wanted to be on, if you know what I mean...

 Yunho and Taemin were the men of the crew. There was also Kwon BoA. She was the same age as Yunho but had been a pilot at Incheon for less time than him, thus making him her senior. She was a powerful woman, her aura that of a stalking panther. But as hard as she seemed, she babied the rest of the crew to the point it was awkward. But they appreciated it, even if she got a bit overbearing sometimes. Like, seriously, it’s a damn cough, woman, you don’t need to spoon-feed him vegetable soup. For that humiliating experience, Taemin had spread a rumour that BoA and Yunho had dated in college. That piece of gossip, while entirely untrue, still remained to this day in the mouths of the food-court ahjummas. At one point even Yunho’s wife had believed it.

 The last member and only other female of the Flying Face Squad was a bit peculiar. Not that Kim Taeyeon was a weirdo, but when in comparison to her co-workers, who smiled and joked and were social, Taeyeon differed vastly. As beautiful as her face was, even if her lips were pink and soft and so kissable, which made her look oh, so gentle — she was not.  Even if her dry and sarcastic remarks made the stewardesses swoon, she was not flirtatious or even interested. Sugar-free. Stone cold. Calm and collected. Like hard candy, Taeyeon was sweet and delicious, but hurt your teeth and scraped the roof of your mouth.

 Perhaps the cold facade was part of her callous charm. She seemed so unattainable it was admirable, but for her, it was incredibly isolating. Even her three co-workers, whom she considered closest to her (although wouldn’t admit), were cautious around her. As much as she enjoyed her alone time and privacy, sometimes it got lonely…

 “Taeyeon-ah...“ Yunho sighed affectionately. “You seem like you’re older than me.”

“What’s that supposed to mean?” Her tone was clipped and rude, showing no respect to her senior. It only made Yunho sigh even heavier.

“You’re so uptight...“

“Ha?” She made a questioning sound, not bothered at all, busy checking if she had all she needed in her carry-on.

“You should do something other than work. You never come out with us and I know you’re not dating. You should do something spontaneous! Maybe find love?”

“Didn’t you just tell me I’m uptight? Why would someone date such an uptight, boring person like me?”

“You know that’s not what I meant... “

“Fine, oppa.” Finally looking up from inspecting her luggage, she made eye-contact with the concerned man, trying to convince him to leave her alone. “I’ll try to find love... If love finds me first.” She settled. Why would I avoid it? It’s just not on my agenda.

“That’s not-... You know what, fine.” Yunho smiled as if he knew something she didn’t. “You never know. Love might find the strangest way to you.” He smiled cryptically. She scoffed. The old man was getting delusional...

 “Noona!” Called a newbie pilot, Choi Minho, making her shift her attention from a grinning Yunho. “I’m gonna be your first officer.” The man smiled wide and bright, teeth so white they almost blinded her.

 “How delightful.” She replied simply. She began walking away from the pilots’ lounge, not slowing her pace for Minho as she walked towards gate nine, a flight set to board in about fifteen minutes to Las Vegas.

 “You don’t sound too happy…” Minho pouted at her, panting a bit from running to catch up to her. For such a short woman she sure walked fast.

 “I am ecstatic.” She said in a mockingly high-pitched, feminine tone as she turned to look at him. Twisting her face into an obviously exaggerated smile before letting it drop dramatically, Taeyeon resisted laughing at Minho’s pout. He huffed at her poor acting. She glanced behind her, trying to find Yunho, only to see he’d magically disappeared... Weird man, that one... Shrugging it off, Taeyeon instead looked at Minho. His face was twisted into a pout, contrasting his gangly build. Chuckling low in , she squeezed the young man’s arm reassuringly before tightening her pace even further.

 “You’ll do good, kid.”

 “Oh, thanks noona! Can you please walk a bit slower, though, I’m—”

 “No.”

 “C’mon, noona, let’s let loose!”

 “For the millionth time, Choi Minho, no!” Taeyeon snapped at the young pilot. Taeyeon had expertly flown their plane to Vegas, entirely unscathed and professional with little to no turbulence. They’d landed approximately eight hours ago, all of which Taeyeon had slept through. It was now pretty late at night and Minho was set on going out to gamble.

 “Sigh… Fine, I’ll go alone. But if you change your mind, text me!” That kid had the emotional capacity of a bunny rabbit, Taeyeon mused as he bounced away. Sighing once more, she debated joining him. She most certainly was not going to gamble. She had terrible luck.

 She couldn’t go back to sleep. Yelling at Minho had woken her right up. Grumbling about them kids, Taeyeon reluctantly clambered up from the king-sized bed and looked around her suite. The place was nice enough, but a bit boring. She’d forgotten her portable console too... 

 Sighing, Taeyeon decided to go for a drink in the hotel lobby. She has a pathetically bad alcohol tolerance, but she can handle one glass.

 Can’t she?

Meanwhile... 

 “Tiffany, stop being such a chicken!” Hyoyeon, an OG party girl, shoved a shot glass filled with clear liquid into her trembling hands. “Just take the shot! Let the night take you wherever!”

 “Cheers…” Tiffany mumbled shyly, throwing the drink back. She regretted it instantly. The stuff tasted like hand sanitizer.

 “What?” Hyoyeon widened her eyes innocently. “Don’t look at me like that, the vodka is expensive and this is essentially the same. Such a snob for alcoholic trash...“

 “Hey, I’m not alcoholic trash! That was one time and you kept giving me tequila-”

 “Sounds like something alcoholic trash would say…”

 “I’ll show you alcoholic trash.” Tiffany sneered as she challenged Hyoyeon. As Tiffany gestured for the bartender for more shots, she totally missed Hyoyeon gloating in sweet victory. And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how you trick Tiffany Hwang.

 It wasn’t long after that Tiffany was starting to feel the effects of the hand sanitizer— the liquor. The effects of the liquor. That was funny, pft, hand sanitizer, how’d she think of that? God, was she funny or genius—

 “Oh my gosh, Hyo, do you see that?” Tiffany grabbed her friend’s arm rather aggressively. Hyoyeon looked into the direction where her friend was pointing. A grin crept to her face as she looked at the innocent bystander about to be bulldozed by drunk Tiffany.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter