Chapter Seventeen

Hey, kiddo!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Appa, may I ask you something?” Seolhyun is a bit bugged about it. She knows there are a lot her parents aren’t telling her.

“Hmm?” Seulgi stops walking and looks at her daughter’s hand. “Ask away, little kiddo.”

“Why did you leave eomma?” Seolhyun looks at her mother intently.

Seulgi cannot blame the kid for asking. After all, it is her fault this whole fiasco came to be. She squats to level herself with her daughter, hoping to see the kid eye to eye. It’s something she picked up from reading parenting books lately. This way, she could tell her child, they are equal.

“I was young and naïve. I didn’t know you were coming so I left to pursue my dream.”

It might be a punch to the moon for now, but she hopes her daughter would understand her when the time comes.

“That doesn’t answer my question.” Seolhyun insisted. This is harder than she wants it to be. She isn’t satisfied with a plain answer like that. “So, you left eomma because you didn’t have me yet?”

Now, it makes sense. Seolhyun is an adult stuck inside a kid’s body. Seulgi was caught off guard. Up until now, she thinks she’s a fool for throwing what she had with Joohyun just to get to her dream. Well, she could’ve opted to stay married and fly to Berlin but she was just too prideful to think otherwise.

“No, baby. It’s because I lost your mom trying to find myself. Maybe for now, you wouldn’t understand. But if you’d ask me again when you’re older, I’d answer the same and you’d understand this differently.”

“Did you find yourself okay?” Seolhyun asks.

“I did. And I’m where I’m supposed to be.”

---

Seulgi opened the door of her studio. She’s been informed that Yerim was going to be here today. Yerim had flown a day after Seulgi’s departure and spent some time with her family.

“Seolhyun!” Yerim squealed.

“Wow, thanks for remembering your sunbae.” Seulgi says sarcastically as she watches her child run towards Yerim.

“Aunt Yerim!” Seolhyun equally squealed in delight as she hugs her mother’s friend. She has only seen her in video calls but she feels close to every one of her friends.

“Nice to meet you, kid.” Yerim was just too excited and hugs back the kid tightly. She looks at her sunbae’s annoyed face as she smirks. “Talk about remembering? You haven’t even called ever since you went back home.”

“I’ve got stuff to attend to.” Seulgi sat on one of the two chairs in the room. The studio was plainly empty but with two desks with computers on them. The white paint covering the four corners of the studio were making it more dramatic.

Yerim then carried Seolhyun and went to see on what Seulgi is doing. “We probably need to setup where we can entertain our clients.” She suggested. Having to start something again made her excited and nervous at the same time but at least, she could go back to Europe when this does not work out.

“I got us some few gigs. Turns out they’re keen on what we’re doing back home in Korea. We’re having an exhibit.” Seulgi continued to click away, trying to navigate through her carefully organized folders.

Yerim’s eyes widened. “What? When? Where?” She frantically asked.

“An exhibit. Next week. Here.” Seulgi takes Seolhyun from Yerim and lets Yerim sit on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter