004

WAIT!
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Perhaps it would have been good if she had not woken up this morning. No, it would have been wonderful if she did not wake up at all.

She trembled where she stood as she watched her one and only love in the arms of another woman.

The ring on her fourth finger had been a thing of pride for her – an achievement even but right now it felt as though gravity had pinpoint on her ring, dragging down her arms – her entire body down.

Her knees suddenly buckle and she falls down but the thick carpet muffles any sound that may have come out. She thought they were nice.

He lived in a luxury apartment way up in the clouds where she was not allowed to come and now she knew why. Only after reaching the building had she noticed that she had been here only twice and that was because he was sick.

His passcode was her birthday and that just a minute ago had made her giggle and giddy with happiness but now as she stood on his bedroom door watching him sleep peacefully on his bed with another woman, all she wanted to do was throw up.

The floor gives a sudden spin beneath her and she sits down on the floor properly to stop herself from face planting the carpet. This was… this was too much for her.

She had come here with the thought that her fiancé was halfway across the world so she would be sweet and clean his apartment and stock up his fridge. She did not know why but a soft chuckle escaped when she saw numerous bras and undies laying around the floor from where she sat. These were good bras, expensive ones…

Was their relationship just coming down like this? Was this the end? Just last night she had been over the moon yet right now… she was a defeated woman, a hallow being. Where would she go from here? What was she going to do?

Her body felt heavy when she tried to sit up. It was like all her muscles were suddenly cramming especially the area where her heart was. Her entire chest throbbed violently and she in a deep breath hoping that it goes away.

It doesn’t.

She should get away from here or she was going to faint and fainting in his apartment was the last thing she wanted to do now… in fact he was the last person she wanted to see and be seen with. She wanted to go… far, far away.

Jongin… Jongin… Jongin… Her love...

She forced her head to turn away from his peaceful sleeping face. He was still so beautiful.

Her eyes landed on the opened briefcase on his small coffee table where he had meticulously folded his clothes in indicating that he was indeed going somewhere, just not today. There was single underwear oddly lying on top of the folded clothes, a bright pink colored which had no fabric to cover anything, just some see-through cloth.

Bile roused up once again and she had to look away, close her eyes, and pretend this never happened. Maybe she was dreaming, a nightmare. Anytime now her alarm will sound and she will be in bed however when she lets out a breath, it is shaky and she knows she is crying. Her chest was hurting way too much to be a dream and her legs were still wobbly.

“Let’s go…” She whispered, pushing herself out of the door. “Wait,” She tells her legs to stop. She slides off the engagement ring and going to the refrigerator, puts it inside the freezer. Jongin loved ice… He would see this someday. This was going to be her goodbye although he did not deserve a goodbye.

She does not know how she drove her way to her apartment in that rickety car of hers but when she realized she was home, she found herself seated on the floor in the hall, her legs buzzing with pins and needles from sitting too long.

The darkness around her indicated that night had fallen. Did she not wake up just some minutes back? Wasn’t she planning to go to his apartment? What was she still doing in her hallway?

Oh…

A harsh sob escapes … the one she had been holding back. She does not know how long she cried but she cried out her lungs, her mind, her pain, and her very soul. She was a dead person now… Her sole reason gone.

What happens now? What happens now?

A sudden memory clicked inside of her and she stands up only to be thrown down. Her legs were far too limp to support her let alone walk besides the amount of crying she did have made her weak so she is momentarily blinded. A minute later she slowly stands a

Please log in to read the full chapter