022

WAIT!
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

She was seated across him in the table wringing her hands like she did when she was nervous. Right now he was glad, his heart was finally at ease seeing her in person. She need not do or say anything… He just wanted to see her, feel her, and be in her presence.

He knows he had been staring at her the moment he laid eyes on her more or less like the first time he ever saw her… but he couldn’t help it. He missed her too much and it feels as though if he lets his eyes stray for even a moment, she would disappear again.

The last eight months had been kind to her and he was glad to see that. At least she did not go through what he did… it was all okay.

They were in a guest room seated in the chairs there away from the hall where people feasted and toasted to the jubilant bride and groom. They had been sitting in this suffocating silence for more than 5 minutes, both too scared to speak up.

He knew he should speak up, should apologize to her but he was too scared. He had rehearsed this moment for millions of times in his head the last 8 months but now that she was seated in front of him, no words came to his mouth. His tongue finally seems to feel the effect of not speaking much for the last 8 months.

“Jongin?” She speaks first and his breath is taken away hearing her say his name. Goodness! He thought he was never going to hear it again.

“Jongin… I am sorry.” He balked looking at her not caring that his jaw was hanging. Why on earth was she apologizing when he had been the one to cheat on her? And just as he was about to protest, she continues.

“I am sorry that I ran away. I am sorry that I never gave you a chance… I was… I was hurting too much to think rationally. I realize that I had been cruel to you. You have been the greatest blessing to me and I missed you terribly this entire time… I should have at least given you a chance to explain. This, of course, does not negate the fact that you did wrong or that our relationship would have been better… but at least I should have let you know.”

She missed him too… He was her greatest blessing… Those words seem to whIsper over and over again healing his shredded heart yet he knew things will never be the same again.

Clearing his throat, he spoke up but his throat was too dry and he had to drink some water.

“You…” His voice sounded so weak and he hated it, “You have nothing to be sorry about. I am glad that you ran away from me… I am a monster after all.”

He takes a shuddering breath unable to continue further. His guilt was closing up his throat.

“No you’re not,” she whispers at his words making him smile wearily. She was such an angel.

“I-I have been terrible.” He pushed himself but he looked down, his shame not allowing him to look straight at her, “I should have told you the first time I slept with another woman. I should h

Please log in to read the full chapter