006

WAIT!
Please log in to read the full chapter

5 days until he returns. 6 days to silently run away.

She watched her near-empty apartment and sighs contently. All the memories that lingered were slowly going away. The physical emptiness in the apartment made her feel lighter, like she was slowly shedding her pain piece by piece.

Buyers had been going in and out of the apartment as she was selling most of her things that she couldn’t ship to Shanghai at an alarmingly low price. Right now she had her laptop, her fridge and a couple of things in the kitchen. She had given most of it away for free to the student who was staying next door.

Honestly though she had lots of money in her savings as she had saved it up for her wedding. They had planned a very simple wedding but there was enough cash in her account to get an apartment on rent for at least six months and enough for simple meals until she started earning again. Plus right now if she were to sell her car and get the deposit money for the apartment, she will easily get the first class tickets to the new city and some days in a low starred hotel.

She needed to say goodbye to her employers and to her co-workers at least. She was not close with anyone in the city other than Jongin mostly because she was always inside. Maybe she will go tomorrow and say goodbye.

With a surprise she found out that she had almost no decent clothes to wear. The clothes she owned were all stained Tees and baggy pajamas-like pants or flowy maxi skirts which made her look like a gypsy. Honestly she looked terribly like a 40 year old spinster who had some eccentric job like being a fortune teller for a living. How was she supposed to go and meet her friends for a goodbye?

With a sigh of annoyance, she grabbed her purse and decides to get some decent clothes for both her farewells and her trip to Shanghai. She needed some new clothes to give a good impression.

Driving to the mart her thoughts naturally went to Jongin. Her chest was still hurting and she had probably cried for the entire lifetime so the tears no longer came. It would be a lie if she were to say she was fine for even a second. That was just untrue. Every second, Jongin lingered in her mind and no matter what she does to keep him off, it was impossible. The pain still felt fresh and raw like a saw that keeps on going without an end.

It . So much.

She was not going to start healing in an environment where he had touched every corner… like this mall that was in front of her. She and Jongin always came here for dates, lame as it may sound but this was the nearest and it had decent eateries. Even some high-class restaurants and bars.

She went inside the women’s shopping sections only to wonder at the array of clothes that were in there. How long has it been that she came to shop here alone? The only clothes she had were ordered online and she only shopped on one website that had comfortab

Please log in to read the full chapter