012

WAIT!
Please log in to read the full chapter

Park Chanyeol hissed in annoyance when Kim Kai did not answer his door although he had been ringing on it for almost a minute. This employee of his had been missing for three days without any reason whatsoever and he has had enough trying to reach him through phone and mails, so he was standing right in his door.

For some weird reason, Chanyeol’s mind kept reeling back to Kai’s fiancée at the airport and it bothered him to no end. He pitied her for she was so beautiful and yet had the luck of a rotten tomato. Kai was a player who slept around with hordes of women and so it came as a surprise to him to know that he had someone he wanted to spend his life with.

It was not a wonder to know that the formidable Kim Kai’s wife to be was a breathtaking woman who looked like the last person that Kai took to his bed with.

Chanyeol frowns some more noticing his clenched fist. Some sort of hatred had been harboring on his mind towards a certain suave, tanned male since the moment he left them in the airport and every single time, he would think about the fate of the girl as though it was his business.

It was not. He knew it well and good but it perturbed him.

Having enough of the unanswered door, he banged on it shouting the male’s name.

“KIM KAI! I SWEAR I AM GOING TO BREAK THE DOORS IF YOU DO NOT OPEN UP THIS VERY MINUTE.”

Of course, there was no response and just as Chanyeol was about to give up, the door clicks.

Wasting no time, he marches in to find the Kai huddled on the floor looking almost dead. He was breathing but it was ragged. Panic rose within him and instead of going down to check on him, he dialed the emergency helpline and called them over. He was not going to dirty himself.

“What the hell is going on?” He crouched down on his level and scrutinized him with his eyes. He still was not going to touch him. The male on the ground reeked of alcohol, cigarettes, and some other questionable things so honestly, he'd rather keep his hands to himself.

“Lena… Lena…” Her name, he was chanting her name and the older guy frowned.

“Lena? Isn’t that your fiancée? What happened?”

He was sobbing but it was soundless as though he was too deep in mourning to let out a sound. His eyes were blinking rapidly as tears kept coming but it hardly looked like it was opened or that he could actually see.

It was incredibly disturbing looking at the Kim Kai in this state. The usual Kim Kai was charismatic with a smirk permanently on his lips, hands on his pocket, and dressed to the nines. There was no flaw and it was easy to be envious of him. He had brains and charisma. He had the looks and the ability… who knew he could be reduced to something like this?

And that too because of a woman? Seemingly.

Did something happen between them?

When he had met that girl at the airport, she seemed too clever and her eyes looked as though it knew everything. He had wondered about that so much that she was not leaving his mind. The way she had looked at him as though she knew, as though she understood whatever he was trying to say… the way she looked at him… everything. It was like she knew… like she knew more than she let on.

So it had made him question – why on earth was she still by his side? Was love really so blind?

“Lena…” He was still mumbling and crying as he continued staring ahead without looking at anything.

Chanyeol clicked his tongue in annoyance. He needed his employee for consulting and planning on a new project coming up but this dude looked like he cannot work for at the moment.

As much as he treasured Kai knowing his vast knowledge of business and his foresight, he could not afford to lack behind either. Perhaps the last thing he can do for this mess of a man right now wa

Please log in to read the full chapter