021

WAIT!
Please log in to read the full chapter

Her heart rammed inside her chest as she stood there with her legs feeling like it was made of jelly. Jongin was in her proximity after a whopping eight months – the longest they had ever been apart for the last six years. It had not been long but it had been an eternity for her.

It felt like a lifetime ago when she was still with him in that tiny little apartment and wondered again how he was.

Glancing a little in his direction, she ignores his burning stare and studied him. He looked terrible. He was gaunt and tired, he was sickly and pale… He had not been good.

A part of her felt good to see that he had not fared well in her absence, that he looked sad, that he couldn’t move on… but a bigger part of her clenched with pain.

Had she been fair to him?

Had she even been in love with him at all?

“Love is patient,” The minister suddenly began reading out making her snap her head to the old man.

As though the heavens were answering her, she listened with morbid attention to the passage.

Love is patient... Love is patient.

Had she been patient with him? Should she not have given him at least a time to explain himself? She had run away from him and although that was a logical thing to do… she had not loved in a true sense. She had not been patient with him.

Jongin on the other hand, no matter how terrible his choice of cheating had been… he had been patient to her all the time. From the moment they had become friends, he would sit and listen to everything she tells him. He would wait for her for anything even for hours… and he waited for her to be ready for anything.

Perhaps the only thing he could not be patient was his physical needs but that too he never pushed her. He did not even let her know so he went ahead with someone else instead.

Although that decision of his led to their downfall, he had been patient, had he not?

“Love is kind.”

Had she been kind to him? Knowing very well that he could not fare well without her, she should have been kind enough and helped him move on… no matter what… She had not been kind either.

By now her heart drummed painfully inside of her. She thought she loved him… but she had not even given him the first two.

And yet whenever she thinks of Jongin, kind was the first word she would use to describe him. She had always been his priority and he had sacrificed a lot for her.

He had been kind to her, had he not?

“Love is not envious or boastful or arrogant or rude.”

She wanted to scoff at herself when she hears this. She had been so envious of him although she did not realize it until later on. She was jealous o

Please log in to read the full chapter