024: Finale

WAIT!
Please log in to read the full chapter

Kim Kai laughed along with the clients and nodded to whatever they were telling him. They were celebrating their company's anniversary and almost all dignitaries were here to be amongst them meant he was worth a lot.

He was happy again, a feeling he thought he would never have but then again he had started living normally even without her. She had helped him gain his footing and like she had promised, she was keeping in touch and perhaps that was really what made him sane.

They had gone back to the good old days when they were each other’s best friend and somehow with that ‘relationship’ tag gone, it was much easier telling her anything on his mind. It must have been the same for her because she would tell him about her days and her work and about that guy she had been going on dates with.

As much as it hurts him, he listened attentively wishing her the best… wishing her happiness.

He was not over her. Two years since their ‘official’ break up and he was still not over her. Maybe he would never get over her but he could live. Their daily talks from the first months turned into once or twice a week by the end of the year than by the second year, it had turned into some calls in one or two months. They talked well and long if they catch up and he looked forward to those but he was no longer waiting for her calls all day long, waiting for her name to pop up anymore and jumping at every notification on his phone.

No. He was doing fine. He was much better.

He was traveling again, working again, meeting powerful people, and feeling powerful again. He was rising with the now married Chanyeol who is currently smitten by his wife and his heart warms knowing how much that couple means to him.

Yet it took no brainer that her absence had left a generous hole in his life. No matter the aching gap in his heart though, he was glad that he could still talk to her and hear her voice even if it meant hearing her talk of another man.

Kim Jongdae, the sunshine as she had dubbed him had been there for her when he couldn’t and as jealous as he was of that sunshine brat, he was indebted to him. After all, he made Lena happy again and that was what mattered. 

That night after the party,  he cruised down the highway and parked by the side when he reached the bridge.

Ah! This river... this bridge and the floods of memories it holds. This was their first date destination and this was where he took the first photo of her when she had officially become his... Although her face was hidden in the photo,

Please log in to read the full chapter