013

WAIT!
Please log in to read the full chapter

“KAI!”

Lena swung her head at the name feeling all her insides drop to the ground. That was Jongin’s nickname. That was the name he went with for his work, a name she had picked after her favorite character from her favorite show as a child.

A month without him and she was barely coping. Far away from him… far away from every memory of his.

It was rightly said in both proverbs ‘distance makes the heart fond’ as well as ‘Out of sight, out of mind’.

There were times when suddenly she would be attacked with the searing pain of his absence and she would almost breakdown anywhere, anytime. During such nights, the time it usually happens she would miss sleep and cry the entire night away. But then there were times when he would be completely out of her mind when she would immerse into her new work with passion and vivacity.

It was joyful to work in such a company. Just a month in and she had made much more connection than she had done her entire time in Seoul. Kim Jongdae, the HR head was such a pleasant fellow to be with who was literally just sunshine. She liked him quite a lot and liked being in his presence, basking on his sunshine every possible opportunity.

Other than that she had dozens of Chinese friends now who were so eager to help her settle in Shanghai that now she had one of the best flats ever with lower rent than usual. She knew more places to eat than she knew in Seoul. She was living a life… Finally a good life without being worried about when to go home and cook for him or when to go home for the curfew.

Please log in to read the full chapter