Time

Barista and TV star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

KBS Entertainment

 

Myungsoo never thought in his life that he’d ask Hoya for advice regarding his relationship with Sungyeol. Well, not any advice, Myungsoo assumed that whatever his boyfriend is going through is because of his brother, so he wanted it to end the misunderstanding if there was any.

Hoya waved for the younger happy to see him, Myungsoo texted him for a quick meet-up and Hoya of course agreed, he loves Myungsoo as much as he loves Sunggyu.

“Myungsoo, hi!”

“Hey, Hyung.”

“Did I make you wait?”

“Ani, I just got here.”

“Good”, Hoya linked their arms together as they walked, “Do you want me to introduce you to your favourite band? I have connections.”

That made Myungsoo smile, though Hoya was blunt sometimes, he knows what to say to lighten up the mood. And sadly, Myungsoo started to think maybe Hoya is right regarding Sungyeol, which broke his heart.

“Ani, maybe later.”

“Araso, then tell me what brings you here?” Hoya stopped walking to look into Myungsoo’s eyes, “Are you okay? Are you in trouble?”

“Ani, I’m not in trouble.”

“You can tell me; I promise to keep it between us if you wish.”

“I’m fine, I swear”, Myungsoo hugged Hoya, “Thank you, Hyung.”

“Aigo~~, no need to thank me, you’re like a younger brother to me.”

Myungsoo didn’t want to say it and hurt Hoya’s feelings while he’s standing in front of him trying to figure out if there was anything wrong or if he needed help, “Why can’t you be like this towards Sungyeol?”

“Uh, so you have trouble with him”, Myungsoo lowered his head and nodded, “Come, let’s go to the garden and talk there.”

 

Myungsoo followed the elder to a beautiful garden; sitting there would help anyone to get over his troubles and relax.

“This is nice.”

“Told you, now tell me what happened?”

“Before I say anything, please don’t try and convince me to break up with him, uh?”

“Though I don’t know why but Araso.”

“Well, the thing is we’ve been fighting every day since the day I said it all at the café.”

“So, now what? He feels left out?” Myungsoo couldn’t believe Hoya actually got it without the need to explain more, “I can’t believe him! You made it easier for him and faced me about your relationship with him, why is he upset!!”

“There is more.”

“What else?”

“Every time, I try to be intimate with him, he freaks out and makes up a fight out of nothing then leaves.”

“Sungyeol~, I can’t believe him”, Hoya patted Myungsoo’s back gently, “You must’ve been hurt.”

“No, that's not it, I love him I can wait, but he always makes it sound as if the only thing I have on my mind is , which is not I swear.”

“Hey~~, I know, you don’t have to explain yourself, it’s normal to want to have with your partner that’s part of life.”

“I tried to be the bigger person and told him I’d wait until he’s ready, but then-”

“Don’t tell me!”

“Hmm, he thinks I’m cheating on him.”

“Wah, really Sungyeol!!! Why would he blow it with someone like you! I mean if I weren’t married I would’ve chased you.”

“Aww~~, Hyung~~, thank you you’re so sweet.”

Hoya ruffled the younger’s hair, “Did he at least tell you why he’s acting like that?”

“Ani, that’s why I need your help.”

“No, no, Myung. I’m here to listen to you and be here for you, but that’s it! I told Dongwoo not to get me involved in my brother’s problems.”

“So, you lied?”

“Hmm, I only gave you guys my blessing because I didn’t want to break your heart, I can’t agree with something I know that it’s not going to work and looks that I was right.”

“Why don’t you like Sungyeol?”

“What! Who said I don’t like him?”

“Everything you do and say! I bet no one here knows you have a brother!”

“Hmm, true, but it’s only because I like to separate my personal life and work.”

“Hyung, I’m not a kid, you don’t answer his calls!! You wouldn’t give us your blessing if it weren’t me who confessed and now that you heard about your brother’s problems you want to stay out.”

“Can you keep a secret Myungsoo?”

 

 

Innisfree GREEN CAFE

 

Shi-ah didn’t need to ask around for her father when he disappeared from the café; she knows that he is at the back, probably smoking his 5th cigarette like always, and she was right.

Sunggyu was leaning on the wall, absentminded smoking his cigarette, “Appa.”

“Hmm”, Sunggyu smiled gesturing for her to come closer, she isn’t bothered by the smoke she is used to it, “Are you bored?”

“Ani, I just couldn’t find you”, Sunggyu only nodded and continued smoking, “Appa?”

“Hmm?”

“Nam Woohyun came this morning” Shi-ah lowered her head to confess, she can’t keep a secret from her dad, “I asked him to leave.”

Sunggyu smiled understanding what his daughter is trying to say, “It’s okay honey, if you don’t want me to see him, then I won’t.”

“That’s not it; I like him.”

“Hmm, I get it.”

“You do?”

“You don’t mind being friends.”

“Hmm.”

“Did you tell him that?”

“No”, Shi-ah took a seat on the stairs, and Sunggyu did the same, “I told him that is something dad have to decide for himself, not me.”

“What did he say?”

“That he is sure if I don’t like it then you won’t move forward with him.”

Sunggyu nodded, “He’s right.”

“Does that mean you like him too?” Sunggyu looked her shocked, “He told me he likes you, what about you? And I’m not talking about being friends.”

“I don’t know”, Sunggyu inhaled from his cigarette, did Nam Woohyun just confess to his daughter! “I don’t know if I like hanging out with him because I like him too or because I’m comfortable around him that he understands me more than my friends and even my brother.”

“Meaning?”

Sunggyu sighed; he can’t believe he is actually discussing this with his 12 years old! But he can’t help it; she is too easy to talk to, “Meaning I liked girls all my life.”

“But you kissed him, and I’m sure you’re the one who initiated that kiss, Nam Woohyun knows enough not to cross that line with you.”

“Aigo~~, stop questioning your dad, it should be the other way around.”

“Appa~~.”

“Fine, it’s because I wanted to know how it feels, does that make me selfish for putting him into a test?”

“Hmm, but he understands, he knew that kiss wasn’t a confession more- mmm~~ how do you say it?”

“A trial?”

“Yup, that.”

“Shi-ah~~, you make Appa looks bad!!!”

Shi-ah smiled leaning over her daddy’s shoulder but not actually pressing her head fully on it; only her curls touched his shoulder “I just want you to know that if you like him, then I’m sure I’ll learn to like him that way too.”

Sunggyu pressed her head gently on his shoulder so that she is actually touching it, “Did you tell him that?”

“Ani, that’s up to you, I just told him to continue coming to the café to keep seeing you and try.”

“He’ll come day and night!”                                                                                                            

Sunggyu’s body unwillingly tensed when she slipped her hand around his arm, and Shi-ah felt it, so she lifted her head giving her dad space, Sunggyu felt bad for giving her such feelings, no father in the world would want to give his daughter such feeling. She didn’t comment on that and watched worriedly as her dad rubbed his eyes then squeezed his hands, trying to wash off the feeling.

“Appa?”

“I’m fine, just- give me a second, uh?”

“Do you want me to leave?”

“Please don’t leave.”

It took Sunggyu a while to calm down, and the cigarette wasn’t helping it made his hands shake even more, “You need to quit smoking.”

“I can’t stop now.”

“You always have a horrible reaction after smoking!”

“Hmm, I’ve noticed.”

“Then stop smoking!! So that I can hug you without feeling bad for hurting you! Without actually seeing your hands shakes like that.”

“Shi-ah~~.”

“Appa I love you, and I know it hurts every time I touch you even though you’re a great actor pretending as if everything is okay when it’s not! Just tell me to move away I’m not going to get hurt or even stop trying until you get used to me! I don’t want to hurt you, so please tell me to stop sometimes we can always try later, uh?”

“I like it when you touch me or hold me. I couldn’t care less about the pain.”

“A-Appa!”

Sunggyu dropped the cigarette and stepped on it, “So, please don’t stop even when you feel my shaken hand.”

Shi-ah looked down at Sunggyu’s shaken hand, which he offered for her to hold, and it made her want to cry “Appa!”

“Go on.”

The little girl took her father’s hand into her as tears fell on her cheeks, her father was looking away, and his hand didn’t stop shaking she knows he is not okay, but she knew he needed this pain more than anything else to get better.

 

Sunggyu and Shi-ah walked back to the café together to close things since it’s getting late and there was Woohyun standing outside the café as if he was asking permission if he could come in. Shi-ah smiled for her dad and left giving him privacy to talk with Woohyun; she didn’t want to cross more lines, knowing she already said a lot to the celebrity.

“Come in.”

“Sunggyu, I- I talked to Shi-ah.”

That was the first thing he said, Woohyun didn’t know how to say this, telling Sunggyu he talked to his girl behind his back about something related to him might ends things between them for good, not even friendship would be possible anymore. But Hoya’s words ringed in his ears, he doesn’t want to lie to Sunggyu, and if they’re going to part, it should be because he was honest with him not because he accidentally discovered that he lied.

Sunggyu didn’t want to ruin the famous star excitement for telling him about it before his kid did, so he played along, “And?”

“She is a fan!!” he then pouted like a child taking a seat, “And she hates me.”

“Woohyun~.”

“But!! But she said I could come every day if I want, so that’s mean hope, right?”

“Hope for what?”

Woohyun looked up, looking right into Sunggyu’s eyes, “For us.”

“Woohyun about that kiss-”

“I know”, Woohyun rose from the chair with a heavy sigh, “You were trying to figure out yourself.”

“Hmm, I’m sorry.”

“So?”

“Huh?”

“Did you figure it out?”

“Woohyun!”

“Or you need more kisses? Because I don’t mind, you can use my lips all you want.”

Sunggyu chuckled, enjoying whatever Woohyun is doing, he was stressed out all day thinking on how to tell Woohyun about the kiss and his daughter and where he might fit and not fit in all of this!

“I don’t want to use you, so I’ll pass.”

“Yah~~~, no!!!! I specifically asked you to use me~~~~~, and I have witnesses!! Rain Hyung can confirm my words!!”

“Desperate for another kiss?”

“Duh~~, please make it longer next time, I didn’t get to show you my skills and I happen to be a good kisser, you can google it!”

“Woohyun, have a seat.”

With heavy heart Woohyun did as told, as if he knew what was coming, “I’m listening.”

Sunggyu took the seat in front of him, and tried to smile, “My life is complicated, not only I have a phobia that I can’t control, I have a past, and my past result is Shi-ah, my daughter.”

“I don’t mind, I-”

“I know you don’t mind; I’m thankful for that.”

“Then what is it?”

“I don’t want you to rush this, take your time think about it or don’t think about it just do what you’re good at away from our mess.”

“Did Shi-ah say something? Because if she understood me wrong, then I can explain.”

“Woohyun~.”

“So, now what! You don’t want me around? Is it because I talked to your daughter behind your back?”

Sunggyu then did the unexpected; he smiled as he offered his hand for Woohyun to hold, leaving the latter shocked on what to do, “Go on.”

“Are you sure?”

“No, but I want you to do it”, Woohyun placed his hands over Sunggyu’s palms making sure their skin barely touches, “do you know that my brother can’t do this with me?”

“Sunggyu!”

Sunggyu closed his palms and opened them quickly before he retrieved his hands completely from Woohyun’s hold “That’s how much I want you to be next to me.”

“Then why are you pushing me away, we’re doing fine, I don’t even need more this” Woohyun pointed at Sunggyu’s hands, “this is enough for me.”

“Because I like you, I want to be fair to you.”

“Sunggyu, I like you too! What do you mean to be fair to me!”

“I wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter