I can't breath

Barista and TV star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yadong house

 

Dongwoo and Hoya walked into their house silently; the entire home ride was quiet with Hoya looking out from the window, which meant one thing, I don’t want to talk. Dongwoo understood his husband and didn’t want to upset him; he’s been there when Hoya faced his stepmother witnessing everything his husband been through all these years. To tell the truth, Dongwoo never blames Hoya for his behaviour with his brother as they were young, Mrs Lee specifically asked him to stay away from Sungyeol, it took them many efforts to convince him to accept his brother when they were teens. Mrs Lee, dying wish kind of ruined it all their efforts. Hoya’s past gave him a scar like a tattoo that lived with him as he grew older; that was why he didn’t want to have kids. He doesn’t want to make them suffer; it took Dongwoo a lot of convincing to go through the adoption process; they even chose unwanted baby to give him a happy and stable life.

 

“Honey.”

“Don’t start Dongwoo”, Hoya clasped his hands on his head when he sat on his bed, and Dongwoo joined him caressing his back, “I messed up I know, I kept this a secret all this time how could I be heartless and just tell him everything without preparation!!”

“I know you didn’t mean it.”

“But Sungyeol didn’t!”

“Hoya~.”

“No! I will rather be the bad guy than his mother!”

Hoya kept this a secret because he knew how important it was for anyone a kid or adult to have the perfect parents figure especially a mother. To get closer to his brother, he had at some point, to be honest with him and tells him the bitter truth. Not wanting to ruin his mother image was hard; Sungyeol’s mother didn’t even take him to the hospital when he was sick.

“You’re not the bad guy.”

Hoya looked up with tears in his eyes, reminding Dongwoo of the nine years old kid who ran from home one night to cry between his arms, “But tonight I felt like I am.”

Dongwoo and Sunggyu were 11 when they took Hoya between their wings; everyone wondered why Hoya had older best friends. He doesn’t even call them Hyung because they made him promise not to, calling them Hyung means a level of respect Hoya won’t be himself fully around them. Dongwoo and Sunggyu made Hoya feel safe to yell at them if things get harder at home.

“Come here”, Dongwoo hugged his husband tight, “Everyone might think you’re not a good brother to Sungyeol, but Sunggyu and I know best that everything you did was because you cared for him”, Dongwoo smiled checking the caller ID, “Sunggyu must’ve been worried, do you want to talk to him?”

“Hmm, answer him.”

Dongwoo pressed the speaker, “Hey, buddy.”

“How is he?”

Hoya smiled hearing that, “I’m okay.”

“Yah, you scared us, why did you leave like that!!”

“I’m sorry Sunggyu, I couldn’t face Sungyeol longer, I had to leave.”

“Come to the café tomorrow; I want to make sure you’re okay myself, I don’t trust Dongwoo.”

“You seriously want to die Kim Sunggyu!!”

“Hi samchon, it’s me, Shi-ah.”

“Hey princess, I’m sorry for leaving without checking on you, how do you feel now?”

“Better, I’ll prepare our special hot chocolate.”

“With marshmallows?”

“Yes!!”

“Yah Shi-ah, don’t you have exams to study for???”

“Appa~~.”

Hoya looked at Dongwoo, smiling, they were a family even Shi-ah was involved into this drama “Thank you guys, I don’t know what I would do without you all.”

“We love you, samchon.”

 

 

 

Myungsoo’s Apartment

 

Myungsoo insisted Sungyeol come over to his apartment, leaving his boyfriend alone after hearing the truth and for the first time could be shocking for anyone. The thing is Sungyeol didn’t look shocked or sad as if what he heard isn’t a big deal to him.

“You want green tea?” Myungsoo offered already preparing two cups.

“yes, please”, Sungyeol sat on the sofa and the TV, which made Myungsoo frown! Who has the mood to watch TV at the time like this!! Shouldn’t he be like let’s talk about it!?

“Here”, Myungsoo snuggled next to his boyfriend, “Are you okay?”

“Hmm.”

Myungsoo didn’t know if he should be worried or not! Is Sungyeol’s reaction normal! Is he going to have a mental breakdown later?

“Don’t you want to talk about what Hoya Hyung said?”

“What’s there to talk about? I finally know the reason he is bitter toward me”, Sungyeol sipped from his tea, “I can’t believe I blamed myself all these years for nothing.”

“Yeol! How could say that! Hoya Hyung is your brother.”

“Half-brother.”

“Still, he is your brother!”

“Whatever.”

“Sungyeol!”

“The man is crazy, who hates on a dead person! He needs a physiatrist.”

“How could you talk like that about Hoya Hyung!”

“What do you mean! You should be on my side, not his side!”

“There are no sides to take; I love you both.”

“Wrong answer, I should be your number one priority not him”, you think Sungyeol will end it there, “But of course you’d choose him since I’m not fully good enough to fulfil boyfriend duties.”

“Baby, don’t say that~~”, Myungsoo hugged Sungyeol, “I love you; I want to see you happy and in good terms with your brother.”

“You’re not saying that because you want to have !!!”

“Yah! Lee Sungyeol, that’s too much!! How could you say that to me!!”

“You’re all the same”, Sungyeol rose from the sofa and wore back his jacket, “I’m out of here.”

Myungsoo couldn’t just let him leave that way, and it was late “Don’t leave, stay over, uh? It’s late.”

“What part of I don’t want to have with you don’t you get???”

“What-?”

“Good night, Myungsoo.”

Myungsoo couldn’t say or do anything more; he just stood there shocked by his boyfriend’s reaction, wondering what he said or did wrong! He was simply trying to be supportive thinking that his boyfriend would be surprised by the truth, which was not the reaction Myungsoo thought he’d get from Sungyeol.

 

 

 

Sunggyu’s House

 

Sunggyu ended the call from Hoya and Dongwoo a little relieved that Hoya smiled by the end of the call, he knew how sensitive Hoya was even though it doesn’t show on him.

“Off to bed, young lady.”

“Appa~, can I sleepover?”

“Ani, you’re a big girl, go to your room.”

“It’s not like I slept in your bed when I was a kid!!!”

Sunggyu gave it a little thought, “That’s true.”

“It’s the weekend.”

“Hmm, true.”

“And I’m sick.”

“Period is not a sickness.”

Shi-ah gasped dramatically making her father smile, “How would you know!!! You have no idea how hard it is to be a girl.”

“Aigo~ don’t be mad”, Sunggyu patted the pillow and Shi-ah took it as a queue to lay on it, “Just for tonight.”

“Hmm.”

Sunggyu laid next to her on his pillow and faced her, “what is it?”

“If I tell you you’ll yell at me.”

“I saw the news; I know you two talked.”

“He came over to my table, I swear.”

“Hmm, I know.”

“Don’t you want to ask me what he wants?”

“To see me?” Shi-ah nodded, “Yeah, maybe some other time.”

“Appa, it’s an act I know.”

“Did Woohyun tell you this?”

Shi-ah shook her head, “I’m an expert.”

“I thought the same princess, but when he came over to the café holding her hand that’s announcing their relationship.”

“Hmm, maybe. You don’t think he just missed you and wasn’t thinking?”

Sunggyu smiled, enjoying the conflict in his daughter opinions, “I thought you don’t want me to date Nam Woohyun.”

“I don’t hate him, but I don’t like how he gets all your attention.”

“Shi-ah! What are you talking about!”

“When the two of us in the same place your eyes are all on him, don’t deny it, I saw how you look at him.”

“Hmm, I was looking at him.”

“Yah! Appa!!”

“Well, he is famous; I’m a fan~~.”

“Appa~~~, that’s not funny~~.”

Sunggyu chuckled, and it made the teen laugh along, “stop comparing yourself to him or anyone.”

“Hmm, and Appa.”

“Yeah?”

“If you choose him, can you give me time to think about it first?”

“Hmm, of course”, Sunggyu smile fell, remembering how good Woohyun and Saeron looked together, “But he chose someone else.”

 

 

 

KBS Apartments Building

 

Woohyun was distracted ever since they returned from the café and it didn’t go unnoticed by Saeron, anyone would see the frown on his forehead because the famous TV star rarely frowns. Usually, he is bubbly and full of smiles.

“Are you okay?” Saeron joined Woohyun on the couch with a cup of green tea and snuggled next to him.

“Hmm.”

“Is your mother okay?”

“Hmm, perfectly fine.”

“Then what’s wrong?”

Woohyun sighed and tried to smile, “I’m just tired; that’s all.”

“Sure?”

Woohyun brushed the hair from her forehead before he planted a kiss on it, “Yeah, sure. I’m going to bed early.”

“Araso, let’s go together then.”

“Hmm”, Woohyun offered his hand, and she took it, just like a normal couple the two walked toward the bedroom.

“AND CUT, thank you, everyone, that’s all for the day”, the director of the show announced and ended the shooting for the day since Woohyun looked tired and wanted to sleep early meaning there isn’t much to shoot right now.

Woohyun and Saeron waited for the cameras to turn off before sighing, though the bedroom was the only place with no cameras they would always wait until the cameras are off before they are all normal again.

“Finally, I’m so sleepy can you close the door on your way out, please.”

“Oppa, you’re really going to bed?”

“Hmm, I meant it when I said I’m tired.”

“But we usually eat a late meal and review tomorrow’s activities before bed.”

“Can you do it alone for t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter