See you tomorrow

Barista and TV star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Innisfree GREEN CAFE

 

It was yet another busy day at Innisfree Green Café where lots of people start their day buying their coffee from there. Aside from selling good coffee and famous soufflé hotcake, the café located next to one of the biggest entertainment industry building. Not only cool K-pop stars and K-drama actors and actresses walked in and out from there, but even the weather guy was also hot as if it was required in the job resume.

31 years old Sunggyu managed to run this place professionally alone for years as a family business, the Kim brothers lost their parents at an early age that’s why Sunggyu looked after family business at a young age unable to finish college. It was okay with him as long as his younger brother Myungsoo (28 years old) is getting his PhD from one of the finest Engineering colleges in Seoul with high grades.

“Good morning, Hyung.”

Sunggyu smiled, giving his brother his already made coffee to start his day, “Morning, kiddo.”

“This kiddo will graduate soon and soon be a professor at a university. Stop calling me that~~.”

“Does that mean you won’t be helping around here anymore?”

“Hyung~~.”

“I’m kidding, Dongwoo promised to help.”

“Dongwoo Hyung is a lifesaver.”

“Aren’t you late Mr soon to be a professor?”

Myungsoo checked his watch, “, I’m so~~~~~~~~~~~ late!!! Later, Hyung.”

“Careful, don’t drive too fast.”

“I won’t. Bye, Hyung.”

Sunggyu couldn’t alter another word because his dear brother already left running, “Still a kid”, the latter murmured.

“Are you talking to yourself, Gyu?”

Dongwoo 31 years old is Sunggyu’s best friend from a very young age. Married but unemployed, so Sunggyu being a good friend hired him at his café until he gets a job.

“Coffee?” Sunggyu offered, and of course, Dongwoo would never reject it if anyone is good at making coffee it would be Sunggyu. They say practice makes you better and Sunggyu been doing this since he was 16 years old.

“Thank you, I needed one, and I think Howon needs on too he is in a very cranky mood today.”

“Are you talking behind my back Jang Dongwoo!!!”

Lee Howon 29 years old, Dongwoo’s husband and high school sweetheart, they have been together forever until one day Howon proposed to Dongwoo even though he was younger he was the leader of the relationship, Dongwoo can’t function without him and obviously took too long to propose that he had to do it himself.

“Who? ME!!!! Of course, not honey~~~. Gyu where is my baby’s coffee??”

“Aish~ don’t bring Gyu in the middle of this!!!”

“Here is your coffee Hoya”, Sunggyu made him sit down on the barstool, “And tell me why you’re in a bad mood today?”

“I’m not in a bad mood!!! That idiot is spreading rumours about me just because I said no !!!!!” Howon took his coffee, “thanks for the coffee, you’re the best.”

“I only asked no need to yell.”

“It was 6 in the morning!!!!!!!!!!” Howon took a deep breath, “Sshh, let me enjoy my coffee.”

“I wish I could hire Gyu at our house all day to fix your mood with his coffee.”

“See~~~~! Gyu, make him stop!!!!”

“Stop it Dongwoo, how can you upset Hoya?”

“Me!!!”

“Yes, you!!!! You don’t fold the clothes when they’re done from the washing machine, you don’t take out the dishes from the dishwasher, and you don’t hang your clothes on the ing hanger!!! And then you dare to ask for for your unfinished work!!”

“So, it’s not because I wanted to have , you’re generally upset from everything”, Dongwoo whispered to himself as he sipped from his coffee.

“I’m NOT upset!!!!”

Sunggyu had to interfere and stop the drama, nothing changed Dongwoo, and Hoya argued on the same stuff, Dongwoo never did the things his husband wants, and Hoya would never let it go even for one day.

“Dongwoo, I think Hoya is right.”

“Of course, you’ll take his side.”

“What I mean you both have to work together; marriage is a give and takes relationship.”

Dongwoo gave up nodding, how can he go against two now, Sunggyu knows what he is talking about “Araso, you’re right, I’ll help around the house.”

“And get a job as soon as possible.”

“Gyu hired me; I have a job!”

“Is that true, Gyu?”

“Hmm, he is doing it temporarily until he finds another one.”

“Thank you, Gyu. You’re a life savour”, Howon checked the time, “, I’m late a new group is coming today, and I need to train them.”

Dongwoo hugged his husband tight, “Good luck, Honey.”

“Thank you. Now kiss me.”

Dongwoo smiled at that order and gladly gave his husband the requested kiss. Though they argue a lot, they always end it fast with hugs and kisses and sometimes make-up .

“I’m in love~~~~”, Dongwoo said in a dreamy way looking at the door as his husband stormed out not to be late to work.

“Hoya is a good guy.”

“Hmm, now tell me when will the new guy come?”

Sunggyu checked his watch then back at the door when it opened, “Now, I guess. Can you take care of the counter until I’m back?”

“Yes, boss.”

 

Sunggyu approached the guy who walked in for the job, “Are you Lee Sungjong?”

“Yes, are you the owner? Mr Kim Sunggyu?”

Sunggyu chuckled, “Hyung would do just fine”, he then checked his resume quick and smiled, “26?”

“Yes, sir- I mean Hyung.”

“Do you have any experience in making coffee?”

“Yes, I’ve worked for another café for four years.”

“Really! And why did you leave?”

“I didn’t, it went bankrupt, so they fired everyone.”

“I see”, Sunggyu returned the papers for the younger, “Congratulation, you’re hired.”

“Really???? Don’t I need to pass a test or something?”

“Ani, I feel like I can trust you.”

“Thank you, sir, you won’t be disappointed; I promise” Sungjong bowed, “Please allow me to make you my coffee, I want you to try mine if it’s okay with you.”

Sunggyu smiled, remembering how passionate he was about making coffee for the first time and the need to impress everyone. It always felt great when his friends always ask for his coffee.

“Sure, go ahead, the coffee machine is all yours.”

And that’s how Sungjong got the job to work at Innisfree Green Café. With that Sunggyu was satisfied by his employees, he can’t afford more staff, two would get reasonable payment instead of 10 with low salary.

 

 

 

Seoul Engineering university

 

Myungsoo smiled, watching his boyfriend Sungyeol waiting for him at campus holding two coffee. Myungsoo and Sungyeol been dating for almost six months, they did their Bachelor in engineering together, at first they started as friends only for years. Myungsoo was the one to ask Sungyeol out, and the tallboy couldn’t be any happier as if he waited for this his entire life. Things were going great for them if it weren’t for this one thing.

“Hey, love”, Myungsoo pecked Sungyeol’s lips, “Is that for me?”

“Hmm, I know you already had yours at your brother’s café, but I wanted to drink mine with you.”

“Thanks, I’ll gladly drink coffee with you.”

The two took a bench to sit on and drink their coffee, waiting for their lectures, “Speaking about your brother.”

“Love~~, didn’t we talk about this already?”

“You have to tell him.”

“I’m not ready to tell him.”

“His best friends are gay and married, what could go wrong!!”

“It’s not about that, and you know that.”

“Other than that reason I can’t think of anything else.”

“I’m not ready to tell Hyung yet.”

“Are you ashamed of us!! Baby, you asked me out!”

“Wow, hold on, who said anything about being ashamed of you?” Myungsoo cupped Sungyeol’s cheek, “I love you, and I have no regrets.”

“I love you too, that’s why I want to spend holidays with you and your family like any normal couple. I don’t want to hide our relationship from your brother or mine too. I want to walk into your brother’s café holding hands!!”

Howon is Sungyeol’s older brother, they have nothing in common, look wise, and attitude Sungyeol was the funny easy-going one, and Howon is the serious and more functional type. They don’t share friends, even though Howon is Sunggyu’s best friend, Howon never wanted to mix his friends with his brother, he loves to have his own world and own friends away from his family members. Sungyeol totally understood his brother, it’s not like he wanted to hang out with older people, it’s just his brother’s relationship with Myungsoo’s brother would help them out delivering the news to Sunggyu. Only Myungsoo made the tallboy promised him not to say a word to his brother as well not until he tells Sunggyu first.

“Your brother is my brother’s best friend who happened to be married to the other best friend, Dongwoo Hyung. It’s complicated.”

“You don’t want to ruin their friendship in case ours failed, right?”

“I’m sorry, love”, Myungsoo leant his head on the tallboy’s shoulder, “We just started to date and got to know each other, let us enjoy us first before we involve our family into this.”

“Hmm.”

“Are you mad at me?”

“Ani”, though Sungyeol said no, he sounded disappointed.

“Besides, we didn’t even have yet, what if you don’t like it, ha? What will you do?”

As if Myungsoo knew how to turn up his boyfriend’s mood in a second and make him smile, “Kim Myungsoo, are you inviting me to your bed????”

Myungsoo chuckled slamming Sungyeol’s shoulder, “ert! No!!”

“You love this ert.”

Myungsoo pecked Sungyeol’s lips twice, “A lot.”

“Does that mean we’re doing it soon?”

“Well, ~~~~”, Myungsoo g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter