The truth

Barista and TV star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Myungsoo’s apartment

 

Myungsoo walked into his apartment early in the morning quietly, not wanting to wake up his boyfriend, he saw his car parked outside, meaning Sungyeol didn’t leave and was waiting for him. Falling asleep on Sunggyu’s couch wasn’t planned; they all ended up sleeping on them with the TV still on. Myungsoo hoped Sungyeol would believe him and not take it personally that he is avoiding him.

He excepted to find his boyfriend sleeping too, which he was but, on the couch, as well with the TV , looks like Sungyeol was waiting for him too.

Sungyeol opened his eyes when Myungsoo covered him with a blanket, “You’re at home.”

“Hmm, I overslept at Hyung’s house”, Myungsoo joined his boyfriend on the couch, “Do you want to continue sleeping on the bed? It’s much more comfortable.”

“Hmm, sure.”

 

The two cuddled on the bed, Myungsoo closed his eyes, enjoying his boyfriend’s warmth and too scared this will all end once they do the talk, which he is avoiding.

It was quiet for sometimes before Sungyeol spoke first, “Are you sleeping?”

“Ani.”

“So, can we talk?”

“Sure”, Myungsoo sat straight, and Sungyeol did the same, “Do you want coffee as we talk?”

“Hmm.”

Myungsoo returned to bed after making coffee for himself and Sungyeol; it was too early for them to spend it on the kitchen chair, “You know you can tell me anything.”

Sungyeol took a deep breath before he started, “You know I love you, Myung and whatever I’m going to say has nothing to do with my feelings toward you.”

“You’re scaring me Yeol, what’s going on?”

“Have you ever heard of aual person?”

Myungsoo gave it a little thought before he nodded, “Hmm, I’ve heard about it.”

“What do you know about it?”

“Yeol, you think it’s the time to quiz me about it!”

“Yes, I do”, Sungyeol placed his coffee on the table next to the bed to hold Myungsoo’s hand, “Because I am one.”

“What-? How!”

“I love you; I like cuddling with you, you are an amazing kisser.”

Myungsoo smiled, pecking Sungyeol’s lips, “Baby~, I like to cuddle and kiss you too.”

“But that’s it.”

“Huh?”

“I’m satisfied that way, I don’t need more.”

“Is this about ? Did you hate it?”

Myungsoo and Sungyeol had two days ago, and it’s when Myungsoo felt something wrong, as if it wasn’t enough to Sungyeol, more like his boyfriend didn’t seem to enjoy it. It’s when Myungsoo had doubts about Sungyeol’s feelings towards him.

“Hmm.”

“Was I bad in bed?”

“Myung! No, that’s not what I meant.”

“Then how did it feel?”

Sungyeol shook his head, “I don’t want to hurt your feelings.”

Sungyeol didn’t expect what happened; next, Myungsoo hugged him and caressed his back gently, “It didn’t feel anything, right?”

“Hmm.”

“So, it’s not because you don’t have feelings for me, right?”

“Right, I love you a lot.”

“Why didn’t you say anything before?”

“Because I didn’t want to hurt your feelings, how am I supposed to tell my boyfriend that I don’t like !”

“You should’ve known me better. I love you very much that I’ll take you the way you are.”

“You mean that, Myung?”

Myungsoo backed from the hug to look into his boyfriend’s eyes, “I do, and never doubt it I said I love you before and that I’m not giving up on us, got that?”

“I should’ve trusted you and told you sooner; I’m sorry, baby.”

“It’s okay; I’ll forgive you as long as you don’t hide things from me.”

“And about , though I don’t want it, we can still do it if you want I just don’t want to fake it, do you understand what I mean?

“If you don’t want it then I don’t want it too.”

“Myungsoo~, that won’t be fair to you!”

“My happiness is when you’re happy too.”

Sungyeol smiled, feeling assured by Myungsoo’s reaction, “Promise to ask for it if you ever wanted it, okay?”

“Araso~, I will I promise. Just don’t question my feelings and accuse me of cheating if I never ask you for , deal?”

“Deal.”

Myungsoo laid down on the pillow and tugged Sungyeol to do the same, “Can we sleep for more couple hours? I didn’t sleep enough on Hyung’s sofa.”

Sungyeol couldn’t be any happier, Myungsoo is making it easy for him, he thought it would take him a lot of time and effort to explain it to him, getting an understanding boyfriend is rare nowadays.

“Can we hug?”

Myungsoo pulled him between his arms, “Of course.”

 

 

 

One month later

KBS apartment studio

 

Ever since the show started, Woohyun and Saeron lived together to get used to each other. Acting like a couple in front of millions of fans isn’t going to be easy if they ‘themselves’ weren’t convinced.

One of the contract important rules is to do everything together. Holding hands is a must when they leave the apartment, a kiss on the cheek is needed and of course add up hugging, which Woohyun avoided for two weeks, suddenly hugging wasn’t his thing. And for this to work, they had to do it even off-camera.

To make it sound and look real, Woohyun avoided Sunggyu’s café, or anywhere near and close to the barista he knows well the deal is off once his eyes land on Sunggyu’s eyes again.

 

“Oppa~~, can we go to a café?”

Woohyun smiled, remembering how he used to hate coffee, but now he can’t start his day without his black coffee “Hmm, sure.”

“Take me to your favourite place.”

“Hmm, sure, baby,” Saeron sat on Woohyun’s lap and took his mobile from him; the latter was busy playing games with his mobile. Woohyun looked around, unsure if that was needed, they were alone, and cameras were off as well, “Saeron, what are you doing?”

“Asking for attention.”

Woohyun smiled, “You don’t have to do that; cameras are off.”

“I know, I just like it here”, Saeron wrapped her arms around Woohyun’s neck hugging him.

“Can I at least have my mobile back?”

Without any warnings, Woohyun eyes widen when she pecked his lips before returning his phone. Saeron got off Woohyun smiling; she successfully made the famous Nam Woohyun silent for the first time.

“I’ll get ready.”

“A-Araso.”

Woohyun waited for her to disappear into her room before he wiped his lips. Why did it feel like cheating? It’s not like he is dating anyone, plus it was an innocent kiss, very quick so was it okay or too much?

Anyone who would see Woohyun and Saeron think they’re dating; they always smile for each other. Sometimes, Woohyun act all cheesy and feed her, which she enjoyed very much and asked Woohyun to do it more often as it looks romantic. Fans didn’t stop tweeting about it for a week.

Kissing Saeron in public on the cheeks or forehead didn’t feel like cheating, it’s like filming a movie or a series, it’s all scripted but when cameras are off, does it mean he is cheating?

“Oppa~~~, hurry up and change.”

 

 

 

Innisfree GREEN CAFE

 

School already started, and Shi-ah was back in her uniform and tone of home works as if teachers were waiting for school to start to overload students with assignments. Shi-ah had her books and notebook spread on one of the tables at the café solving her home works; she came directly to the café after school still wearing her uniform.

“Need help kiddo?” Dongwoo offered as he passed by her table.

“Thank you samchon, I’m good.”

Dongwoo smiled, caressing her hair, “So, you’ve straightened your hair for school?”

Shi-ah pouted, “Hmm, the teacher said it was all over the place, either I straighten it or tie it.”

“How dare she! You have beautiful curls.”

“I know, I didn’t want to get in trouble, so I straightened it.”

“It still looks good; you’ll look good in anything.”

Shi-ah hugged Dongwoo, “Thank you, samchon; you’re the best” She then looked around, “Where is Appa?”

“Probably smoking, why? You need anything?”

“Ani”, that’s when she got her phone out from the bag and searched Woohyun’s TV show.

“What are we watching?”

“Nam Woohyun, cheating on Appa the series.”

Dongwoo chuckled, “You’re going to get in trouble if Sunggyu catches you.”

“Then make sure he doesn’t and guard the place for me.”

“I have to work; you’re on your own kiddo.”

“OMG!!!”

“What, what?” Dongwoo returned to check, “What did he do!!!”

“He kissed her hand!! Omg, cheater!”

Dongwoo nodded, “Disgusting.”

“I know, right!”

Sunggyu cleared his throat, causing the teen to almost drop her phone, “Yah!! I thought you had tones of assignments!!” he then looked at his friend, “There are many customers!! What are you doing!”

“I was about to leave, but Shi-ah insisted on showing me something.”

“Yah, samchon~~~.”

“I can’t believe I’m dealing with you two! Shi-ah, give me your phone!”

“Appa~~.”

“Now!!”

“Fine”, Shi-ah crossed her arms and looked at Dongwoo, “what about him?”

“Yah, I’m old enough to be your dad!”

“But you’re not.”

“Stop!! Both of you!” Sunggyu pointed at the counter, “please help Sungjong.”

“Fine, I’m leaving.”

Sunggyu waited for his friend to leave before he joined his daughter on the table, “Appa, I was on a break, I was studying all day-”

“You searched for Nam Woohyun.”

“I’m a fan!”

“I specifically asked you not to do it!”

“I had to; everyone was saying how cute they look together, ugh I don’t like it, I-”

She stopped talking when Sunggyu placed the phone in front of her, “I don’t like it either.”

Shi-ah smiled leaning on her father’s shoulder; for the past couple of weeks, the two grew even closer. Shi-ah and Sunggyu developed a new bond, despite being the father and the e Sunggyu felt comfortable talking to her only.

“I know, do you want to talk about it?” instead of replying Sunggyu was scrolling down the latest news about the show, “How about-”

“No.”

“Appa.”

Sunggyu checked his daughter home works, “Are you done?”

“Almost done.”

“Wrap it up; I want to leave early.”

Just before he got up, Sunggyu looked up to find Nam Woohyun and after a month of absent walking into the café, but this time he wasn’t alone, he was holding Saeron’s hand. Woohyun was busy listening to Saeron that he didn’t see them as he walked pass them.

Shi-ah looked at her dad worriedly, Sunggyu looked hurt though he keeps on saying he is fine, “Appa.”

Sunggyu smiled, caressing her hair, “Do you want hot chocolate?”

“Iced latte.”

“Hmm, Araso.”

“Appa~, you’re supposed to say no.”

“What?”

Shi-ah sighed, returning to her school work, “Never mind.”

“I’ll smoke one last cigarette, finish your homework.”

Before she commented on that, Sunggyu left avoiding Woohyun and everything related to him, why did they look good together!

Woohyun and Saeron reached the counter to be greeted by Sungjong with a smile “Mr Nam, good to see you again.”

Woohyun smiled back, “How are you Sungjong?”

“Good, and dating”, Sungjong stated proudly.

“Oppa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter