Trust

Barista and TV star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Innisfree GREEN CAFE

 

To say that, Shi-ah and Rain were cheering silently as they watched how closely Woohyun got to Sunggyu would be underrated. On the other hand, Sungjong wasn’t even sure if it’s appropriate to watch his boss’s adventure with the famous Nam Woohyun.

“Nam Woohyun is bold!”

Shi-ah nodded, agreeing with Rain, “He is, I’m so excited.”

“I thought you don’t want them together.”

Shi-ah rolled her eyes, “They assumed and didn’t give me a chance to express my feelings!! Geez, I’m a teen; my feelings are roller-coaster.”

“Shouldn’t we like, correct it?”

“I gave Nam Woohyun a hint this morning; looks like he understood it.”

“You’re a good daughter, Shi-ah.”

Shi-ah sighed sadly, “I’m not.”

“Why would you say that?”

“Because I don’t want anyone to take Appa away from me, and Appa sees this; clearly, I can’t lie to him.”

“Shi-ah~.”

“No daughter would want to give up on their parents for anyone.”

“What changed? You said you’re approving this.”

“I like Nam Woohyun, and he loves Appa and me”, Shi-ah looked at her father and Woohyun, arguing from far yet it seems like a fun argument. “Anyone else would run away after what I’ve put him through, but there he is, trying his best to win Appa’s heart which I’m sure it’s his already; he just doesn’t want to admit it.”

“How old are you again?”

“12 and soon to be 13.”

“You’re too mature for your age.”

“And yet, dad won’t allow me to get a boyfriend.”

“Boyfriend? Who? Yah, Shi-ah, you’re too young for that!!! Does Sunggyu know about this??”

Shi-ah and Sungjong facepalmed, “Here we go again~~.”

“Shi-ah, come back here; I’m talking to you; who is that boy you’re dating!!!!”

“Good night~~.”

“Hyung, she is kidding.”

“How would you know?? That girl won’t say something randomly. I knew her since she was one day old.”

Sungjong intertwined their arms together and smiled, “I’m done; let’s go home.”

Rain kissed Sungjong’s lips, “I love you, you know that, right?”

“Hmm, and I love you too.”

 

Shi-ah joined her father and Woohyun to see how far they’re going to take to continue arguing, “Appa~, it’s late, I’m tired! Let’s go home. Aren’t you done yet?”

“I’m sorry, honey”, Sunggyu shook his head; he still needs to clean the machines. “You hear that Nam Woohyun, leave!! I need to close this place.”

“I’ll help.”

“What!”

“Good idea, that way we will be done faster”, Sunggyu rolled his eyes when Woohyun pouted purposely to get his girl’s attention, “What is it? Why are you giving me that face?”

“Shi-ah~, Saeron said she’d lock the door early, and I won’t be able to get in”, Sunggyu’s eyes widen at how dramatic Woohyun sounded; he is an actor for sure what is he doing as a reporter all these years!!!!

“Then how about you come to sleep at our house.”

“Really!!!! I would love that.”

“Yah, Shi-ah!! Don’t invite strangers.”

Woohyun repeated Sunggyu’s words, mockingly, “Yah, Shi-ah!! Don’t invite strangers.”

“Shut up!!! God, you’re annoying!”

“Please, Appa.”

“How about we finish this fast and leave? Your daughter looks tired.”

Shi-ah nodded, confirming Woohyun’s words; well, it’s true she’s been out all day studying. “Araso, Nam can come”, Sunggyu then threw a towel on Woohyun, “That machine is yours, be gentle.”

“Yes, sir!!” Woohyun then leant close to Sunggyu again, making the latter back a little; why does he have to be this close every time he wants to say something!!! “So~~~~, I can come to your house?”

“Hmm, start cleaning before I change my mind.”

 

 

 

Sunggyu’s House

 

Sunggyu didn’t imagine in his life that he’d lose an argument against his daughter and agrees to invite a celebrity to his house. And not any celebrity, the one stubborn guy trying the impossible to date him even though he rejected him multiple times.

Shi-ah wished her father good night the minute they got in and disappeared in her room; she was indeed tried.

“Where will I sleep?”

“The couch”, Sunggyu threw a blanket on him, “Make yourself comfortable.”

“Wait.”

“What! I want to check on Shi-ah; she looked tired.”

“How will I sleep on the sofa?” Woohyun pointed at the sofa, which was more like a chair, “I can’t lay down on this!”

“I never said I have extra rooms or beds! But you insisted on coming over”, Sunggyu smirked. “You can go home; it’s not too late; I’m sure Saeron will take you in.”

“Nah, don’t want to. Let me sleep on your bed.”

“Yah!!” Sunggyu followed Woohyun, who walked upstairs quickly, running toward Sunggyu’s room; he already knows where it is anyway.

 

Sunggyu’s room

“Wah~~, so selfish you have a big bed!”

“So!”

“Share it with me.”

“No!!”

“Why not?” Woohyun smirked, leaning toward the barista wriggling his eyebrows, “Are you afraid I’d take advantage of you, Mr Barista?”

“I’m not scared of you, Nam Woohyun.”

“Good, then it’s settled”,, Woohyun jumped on the bed, “I sleep on the left side.”

“You better stay on your side”, Unable to do anything about it, Sunggyu rolled his eyes and walked out, “I’ll check on Shi-ah; you can use the shower first.”

“Sweet.”

Sunggyu stopped walking when Woohyun followed him, “What are you doing?”

“I want to wish Shi-ah good night too.”

“Nam Woohyun to the shower NOW!!”

“Geez, fine, I’ll go~~.”

“Feels like I’m dealing with another copy of Shi-ah.”

“I heard you call her honey.”

“Yeah, so?”

Woohyun wriggled his eyebrows, “Better start calling me honey too.”

“NAM WOOHYUN!”

“Fine, I’ll go shower, don’t yell.”

“And don’t follow me!”

“Then tell Shi-ah I say good night on my behalf.”

“Sure, whatever.”

 

Shi-ah’s room

Sunggyu knocked on the door before he entered his daughter’s room, “Shi-ah?”

“Appa”, Shi-ah was on the bed, combing her hair, “Come in.”

Sunggyu joined his girl in bed, “I’m sorry for taking too long to leave the café; you must be tired.”

“It’s fine”, Shi-ah gave her father the hairbrush. “Help me brush my hair.”

Sunggyu stared at the hairbrush, unsure what is he supposed to do, “I’ve never done that before.”

“Hmm, I know.”

“Aren’t you old for this?” Sunggyu teased but proceeded to brush her hair anyway; how hard it could be?

“Hmm, but you’ve never brushed my hair when I was a kid; I’m giving you a bounce like a chance to experience what you’ve missed.”

“How thoughtful. Do you want braids?”

Shi-ah turned her face to look at her father’s face before questioning, “Don’t tell me you know how to do it?”

“Of course, I used to braid my hair.”

“You had long hair!!”

“Ani~~, just a couple of braids to make Appa looks cool.”

“Did it work?”

“Yup”, Sunggyu fixed Shi-ah’s head so that she is facing her front to braid her hair, “Your mom fell for it.”

“Then will you braid my hair every night?”

Sunggyu smiled, “Sure”, he then finished the work and tied her hair. “All done.”

Shi-ah turned as she checked her father’s work, “Wow, you actually know how to do it!”

“Impressed?”

“Very!!!!!”

“Can I asked you a question and get an honest answer?” Shi-ah nodded, “why did you invite Woohyun over?”

“Well~, I have two answers.”

“Which are?”

“The first one, it’s not every day we have a celebrity sleepover!!”

“Fair, and the second one?”

“I want to give him a chance to try and win you.”

“Shi-ah!”

“I know you love him, Appa; I’m not blind.”

Sunggyu didn’t want to lie to his daughter, “I do, but I’m grown up; I can take care of my feelings.”

“But what if you don’t have to do it?”

“Do you want me to date Nam Woohyun?”

“...” Shi-ah hated that she wasn’t able to give her dad her blessing directly and say it ‘Appa, you can date him’ why was it easier to tell everyone except him!!

Sunggyu smiled, understanding his girl, “Last time you cried.”

“Appa”, Shi-ah placed her hand over Sunggyu’s hand without pressing “I’m a teenager, I’d cry if you don’t buy me coffee.”

Sunggyu chuckled, agreeing with her, “True”, His eyes then fell on Shi-ah’s lock screen picture, “Is that Saeron?”

“Hmm, she took a lot of selfies with me today”, Shi-ah showed her father the picture she took with Saeron, “Isn’t she pretty!!”

“For me, you’re the prettiest.”

“She is nice too!! Who would’ve thought.”

“Do you like her?”

“Hmm”, Shi-ah nodded, eyes fixed on her mobile, “she isn’t as bad as I thought. Can we invite her to our house???”

“Stop inviting strangers to our house!!”

“They are celebrities plus you should thank me!!! Your café will be more popular because of them.”

“I can take care of the café; you, young lady, focus on school.”

Sunggyu was about to leave the bed, but Shi-ah stopped him, “Appa.”

“Hmm?”

“I give you permission to date.”

Sunggyu gestured for her to come closer so that he can hug her, and she did gladly, “Are you sure about this?”

“100%.”

“Thanks, but you’re still not allowed to date until you’re 18.”

“Appa~~~~.”

“What do you mean, Appa????” Sunggyu got off the bed, “Good night, Shi-ah.”

“Appa, wait, can’t we talk about this?”

“No, off to bed, young lady.”

“Ugh!!! Fine”, Shi-ah got under the covers, “I hate you!!”

“Yeah, yeah, you’ll get over it.”

 

Sunggyu’s room

Sunggyu was glad that Woohyun wasn’t done from showering to change comfortably; he knows that TV star would take the opportunity and stare!! He quickly changed into comfy clothes and slipped under the covers, reading a book.

The lights were switched off when Woohyun was done showering and drying his hair; only the lamplight on the nightstand next to Sunggyu was on. Woohyun didn’t want to disturb the barista and quietly joined him on the bed, taking the very end of the bed’s left side, leaving an adequate space between them; the last thing he wants is to make Sunggyu uncomfortable.

“Aren’t going to sleep?”

Sunggyu looked at him momentarily before he threw an eye mask on him, “Put it on, in case the lights are annoying you.”

“It’s okay. I’ll wait until you’re done reading,”, Sunggyu ignored him. “What are you reading?”

Sunggyu sighed and closed the book before he placed it next to the lamplight and turned it off, “Go to sleep, Nam.”

Woohyun laid his head on the pillow facing Sunggyu, “I can’t sleep.”

“Don’t tell me you want me to sing for you!!”

Woohyun smiled, enjoying annoyed Sunggyu, “Hmm, sing for me.”

“Nam Woohyun! Don’t get on my nerves!”

“I’m kidding

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter