Saeron

Barista and TV star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Innisfree GREEN CAFE

 

When Shi-ah left the café to follow Nam Woohyun, Myungsoo approached his brother, it’s true he missed Shi-ah, but at the same time, he needed brotherly advice, something only Sunggyu could help him with.

“I saw Nam Woohyun leaving.”

“Hmm, he was here for his coffee. Do you want coffee too?”

“Please.”

Sunggyu prepared for his brother his favourite drink, “Your girl must be questioning Nam Woohyun out there.”

Sunggyu looked at where his brother was looking and smiled; there were Shi-ah arms folded to her chest frowning and Woohyun smiling, trying his best to win her.

“Are you here to talk about Shi-ah and Woohyun or you and Sungyeol.”

“Hyung.”

Sunggyu placed the cup of coffee in front of his brother and joined him sitting on the chair next to the younger, “Tell me what’s wrong.”

“I wish I knew. I don’t know how to say it.”

“Try me.”

“Hyung, can I ask personal questions?”

“Sure, it’s not like I’m hiding anything from you.”

Myungsoo nodded, “When you and noona first started to hang out, did she know about you? Or did you hide it?”

“Of course, she knew, you can’t hide such thing Myung.”

“What did you do? How did you tell her? Did she notice on her own?”

“Ani, I told her. I made sure she knows it all” Sunggyu smiled remembering that day, as hard as it was for him, she made it easier, “I even took her to my therapist to make sure she knows what’s she’ll be facing.”

“Why did you tell her?”

“Because I loved her, so before I asked her out, I wanted to make sure she is okay with it.”

“So, you told Nam Woohyun too because you love him as well?”

Sunggyu smiled, “What is this? Did Shi-ah send you?”

“I promise Shi-ah has nothing to do with it. if anything, I don’t want her to know I’m asking you this.”

“I like him, that’s all.”

“Does he remind you of her? Is that why you like him?”

“Ani, they’re completely the opposite, and I wouldn’t do that to Woohyun too I like him for being Nam Woohyun.”

“I see. So, you tell people you like about yourself, right?”

“Hmm, people I want to be around”, Sunggyu noticed how gloomy his brother turned, “Myung, what is it?”

“I don’t think Sungyeol loves me the way I do.”

“Huh!”

“He probably didn’t want to tell Hoya Hyung about us because he didn’t feel the same way I did, I feel like I rushed things between us! Omg, did I pressure him to be in a relationship with me!!!”

“Are you sure about that?”

“Hmm, yesterday I confirmed it.”

“Myung~, are you okay?” Sunggyu couldn’t hug his brother, so he settled for tapping the space next to his brother’s hand gently.

“No, but I don’t want to break up with him either, I love him.”

“You guys need to talk this out; I’m sure there is a misunderstanding.”

“But-”

“Listen to him first; I saw how that boy looked at you, bro, Sungyeol loves you.”

“That’s what I thought too, but I’m sure I misunderstood these looks for something else. What if Yeol likes only my face?”

“Can you hear yourself? No, I still think you need to talk to him first.”

“I can’t”, Sunggyu never saw his brother devested the way he was right now, “I don’t want to risk losing him, I rather play dumb and continue dating him than hearing the truth from him!!” Myungsoo checked his phone, “I have to go; I’m going to be late to class.”

“Come over tonight.”

“Hmm, I promised Shi-ah a movie night.”

“No, she is grounded.”

“Hyung~, give the girl a break she just got back.”

“She talks back!”

“She is a teenager; remember how it was to be one?”

“Ani, it was a long time ago.”

Myungsoo smiled when Shi-ah walked in, “Movie night at your house.”

Shi-ah joined them and caught the word movie, “Appa?”

“Hmm, movie night approved.”

“Great, I’ll see you guys later,” Myungsoo kissed Shi-ah’s cheek, “Behave, uh?”

“Hmm, see you tonight, samchon.”

Myungsoo waved them off and left to meet his boyfriend when the two were alone Sunggyu didn’t know if he should ask her or not, but he had no other choice.

“What were you talking about with Woohyun?”

“Appa!!! Are you spying on me!!!!”

“That is a transparent glass! I can see you clearly without the need to follow you around missy!”

“Still! I don’t feel like I have privacy anymore.’

“Same here!” Sunggyu went back behind the counter, “Stop talking to Nam Woohyun behind my back!”

“He is a celebrity; I’m a fan.”

“You think I don’t know what you two talked about?”

“Hmm, what did we talk about?”

“Yah! Shi-ah!!”

“I was right; you’re spying at me!!! I’m sure Nam Woohyun told you everything.”

“SHI-AH!!”

“Stop yelling at me!!”

“Then stop acting like a kid!”

“Appa!!” Shi-ah bit back her lips not to lose it and cry in front of her dad, “I want to go home.”

“No, I have work.”

“I can take the bus!”

“You’re too young for the public bus.”

“Uber?”

“Did you wake up today to ruin my day!!”

“Appa!!!”

“What’s going on?” Dongwoo came in just in time to come between these two, he greeted the young lady with a kiss on her head and a side hug, “We’re going to open soon, your voices are all over the place.”

“Samchon, I want to go home.”

“Araso, I can give you a lift, is that okay, Gyu?”

“Whatever.”

The way Sunggyu turned giving her his back broke her heart, she’s been having stupid arguments with her dad recently for no reason, and she hated it as if she is losing her dad already.

“Appa.”

“What now?”

Sunggyu didn’t turn, so she tried again, “Appa, please look at me.”

The barista turned to meet his daughter’s red eyes struggling to hold back her tears, and it managed to soften his heart, he can’t be mad at her not when she’s like this “yeah?”

“I love you, hmm?”

Sunggyu couldn’t stay still and hugged his girl, and Dongwoo knew his friend was far from okay even his breathing was uneven, “I’m not m-mad at you, I love you baby gi- girl.”

Shi-ah wanted to be selfish for once and hug him back; she caressed her father’s back gently and repeated ‘breath’ in the hope it could calm him down.

“Shi-ah, let go of your father”, Dongwoo was worried for sure, he doesn’t know how far Sunggyu can take from this, and he surely doesn’t want to shock the girl when her father reaches his limits and push her off.

“I don’t want to let you go, I’m not afraid of being rejected by you, Appa. So, stop thinking like that.”

Then it hit him, her words managed to make him a little relaxed and at ease as if his worst nightmare of rejecting his daughter vanished when she confidently held him unafraid to be pushed away for doing that.

Sunggyu fists loosen a bit, and his breath finally slowed a little compared to how he was breathing earlier, “Sunggyu?”

Sunggyu opened his eyes to his friend’s face; he smiled assuring Dongwoo that he is fine, a little discomfort isn’t the end of the world, right!

“I’m okay,” Sunggyu kissed Shi-ah head and broke the hug as nice as he could, not because he hated it because he wanted to look at his daughter’s face, “Thank you, I feel better now.”

“Are you sure? Do you need your pills?”

“I’m fine; you can go home.”

“And leave you after doing this to you? No, I’m staying.”

“Go rest; we’re staying up all night watching a movie.”

“Sunggyu are you sure buddy?”

Sunggyu walked them to the door hands over Shi-ah’s shoulder, something he wouldn’t dare to do ever, he still gets the tingling and chills, but it isn’t bad because it was her.

“Hmm, I’m okay.”

Shi-ah nodded and was about to walk out with Dongwoo but then looked back her dad unsure if she should push it and kiss his cheek or leave thankful for getting a warm hug for the first time after all these years, Sunggyu even had her in his embrace as he walked them to the door.

She then settled for a wave and smile, “Bye. Bye.”

“Wait”, with shaky hands, Sunggyu cupped his daughter’s cheeks kissed her forehead then her cheeks, “Is it too late for this?”

Sunggyu had to ask; teenagers don’t usually like this kind of treatment in public as they grow up, it would’ve been easier if she was younger. But not Shi-ah, as if that girl was waiting for this day to come, she quickly shook her head and smiled wiping her tears.

“Never too late, I like it, Appa.”

“I’m sorry for taking too long, Appa is sorry.”

“It’s okay; I understood I knew you’d eventually hug me and kiss me.”

“Send me a message when you reach home, uh?”

“Araso.”

Dongwoo being the dramatic friend not only was crying mess, he even took out his mobile and captured that beautiful moment. No one ever could get this close to Sunggyu as Shi-ah did, not even his late wife and the fact that Sunggyu was the one who doesn’t want to let go was heartwarming.

 

 

 

KBS Entertainment

 

Woohyun walked into the office to sign some papers and proceed with his decision before changing his mind, who knew that a little girl’s words could be effective! There were three people in there and his manager, of course, waiting for him.

“Woohyun, you made it”, Woohyun manager welcomed his star and introduced him, “Come meet the director of the show.”

Woohyun bowed shaking hands with the director, “I hope you enjoy the journey with us.”

“Me too, thank you for choosing me.”

“Nam Woohyun, nation’s sweetheart, of course, we’d choose you”, that was the producer of the show, “Who is better than you to fit this role.”

Woohyun shook hands with the producer, “It’s an honour, thank you, sir.”

Then a woman approached him, offering her hand to shake, “Kim Saeron.”

“And who doesn’t know you, Ms Kim.”

“Please call me Saeron; we will be working together.”

 

They all took a seat reading the contract and reviewing the show details. Woohyun’s manager needs to read carefully before Woohyun signs any contract just to make sure they’re safe and within Woohyun’s popular imagine.

“It’s a reality show.”

“Hmm”, Woohyun continued reading.

“Are you dating?” Saeron asked shocking everyone.

“What!”

Saeron looked at the papers between Woohyun’s hands, “It’s a romantic reality show; I don’t want a scandal.”

“I’m single, but I don’t want to cross the line here I hope you understand.”

“Holding hands and a kiss on the cheek isn’t a big deal nowadays, and if you’re single then there should be no problem”, the director explained.

“But we want you to date as the show is running”, the producer added, “Fanservice.”

“You didn’t mention fanservice in your contract”, Woohyun flipped through the pages in case he missed a section.

“You’re right, but the fanservice is a given it will make your fans and Saeron’s fan unite meaning more views.”

“What kind of fanservice you want us to show you?” Woohyun asked.

“Hold hands in public, lunch, dinner, Instagram live maybe, cook toget

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter