Yes

Barista and TV star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sunggyu’s House

 

Woohyun sighed, looking between Sunggyu and Myungsoo; this was supposed to be his night to shine and to tell Shi-ah about their relationship, yet he and Myungsoo arrived together and ever since they entered the house; he was absentminded and silent. Yet, anyone could tell it has to do with Sungyeol.

“Appa”, Shi-ah whispered, making sure her uncle doesn’t hear her, “What’s wrong with Myungsoo samchon?”

“I don’t know.”

She looked at her uncle one more time and sighed, “He looks sad.”

“Can you do me a favour and disappear in the kitchen with Nam Woohyun and prepare something together for us? I need to talk to your uncle alone.”

“Sure”, Shi-ah jumped from her father’s side to Woohyun’s, “Nam Woohyun.”

Sunggyu tried to hide his smile when Woohyun stood up upon hearing his name, “Yeah?”

“Will you join me in the kitchen to prepare something together?”

Woohyun looked over at Sunggyu, who gave him a nod to play along, “Sure, I’ll cook something for us.”

“You can cook??”

“Hmm, I have a restaurant too.”

“That is so cool!! Can I invite my friends over?”

“Shi-ah, not now.”

“Aigo~, it’s okay Sunggyu, I would love to have her and her friends over.”

“You know what, dad is right, never mind. Let’s go already!!”

 

Sunggyu waited until his daughter and Woohyun are no longer around to talk to his brother, “Myung.”

“Huh?” Myungsoo looked around, “Where is Shi-ah and Woohyun?”

“I send them to the kitchen to cook.”

“I’m sorry, Hyung”, Myungsoo knew coming at this hour was wrong when he saw Woohyun by his brother’s house, “I bet Woohyun Hyung is here to-”

“It’s okay, Woohyun understands; besides, I kind of wants him to bond with Shi-ah.”

“So, are you two, official?”

Sunggyu smiled, “What happened between you and Sungyeol?”

“H-Hyung! How did you know?”

“So, I’m right?”

“Hmm.”

“Is it about Hoya?”

“Ani.”

“Did he cheat on you?”

“Ani.”

“Did you cheat on him?”

“Yah,” Myungsoo looked up, pouting, “Hyung, how could you think that way about me!!”

“What! I’m just guessing.”

“No, I didn’t cheat on him”, Myungsoo lowered his head again, “He lied to me.”

“About?”

“He told me he is aual.”

“Sungyeol is aual! Is that why you two are fighting? Myung, how could you be insensitive!!”

“Ani, I was fine with him being aual; it turns out he lied to me to get his brother’s attention.”

“Myung, I’m sure he was out of ideas and was desperately trying to win his brother. You know how stubborn Hoya is, and their relationship is not a secret.”

“I know.”

Sunggyu wished he could hold his brother’s hand when his tears fell, “Myung, don’t cry, uh? Sungyeol loves you. I’m sure his intention wasn’t to lie to you.”

“Hmm.”

“It’s okay to take a break to clear things up between you two. Sungyeol loves you.”

“I know, I know.”

“Then what is it?” Myungsoo’s mobile ringed, and it was Sungyeol, “Why don’t you answer him?”

“Hyung, I’m sorry.”

“I don’t understand.”

“I made zero efforts to understand you all these years and never missed a chance to blame you for not trying hard.”

“Myung, I-”

“Like right now, I freaking hate it that I can’t ask you for a hug!!”

“I’m sorry, Myungsoo.”

“Hyung, no! I’m the one who is sorry!! I’m a horrible brother.”

Sunggyu understood what his brother is going through, so he smiled to assure him that he is okay, “Myung, look at me”, Myungsoo looked at his brother with his teary eyes, “No, you’re not, I’m your Hyung it’s my job to look after you.”

“Hyung, I met Rain Hyung.”

Sunggyu tensed a little, “You did?”

“He thought I’m here for you, but I was there to understand my boyfriend’s condition and learn how to deal with him rather than doing the same thing for my brother.”

Myungsoo was upset for trying for someone else other than his brother, which turns out to be a complete lie. As if he was punished for not trying enough for Sunggyu.

“Myung.”

“Do you know what he said to me!! Rain Hyung told me that it would be nice if we came to see him for you.”

“He shouldn’t say that.”

“Hyung, you went to a therapist? I thought Rain Hyung is only a friend.”

“Hmm, I’ve been seeing him for years now.”

“How come we didn’t know!”

“You never asked Myung; you only demanded I see one so that I can hug you.”

“Does Shi-ah know?”

“Hmm, we’ve been going together.”

“Make sense of how close you two are now.”

“Myungsoo, it’s not your fault, I should’ve-”

“Woohyun Hyung too?” Sunggyu nodded, “How-?”

“He asked if I have a therapist.”

“So, you told a stranger and not me?”

“I didn’t tell him at first, but he kept on asking until he met Rain Hyung asking all questions about me that we had to take him to a session.”

“You went to a session with him!”

“Myung.”

“So, it’s true. You’re not uncomfortable when he touches you!”

“You seriously can’t blame me for this!”

“But Hyung-”

“Please don’t take away the one good thing I feel like I have accomplished. I’m happy; would it hurt to be happy for me as well without questioning me?”

“Hey~, I’m happy for you. I just wished if you asked me to accompany you. Why didn’t you ask me?”

“You guys never asked, and it’s fine. I’m not mad at anyone or blaming you guys for moving on. So, you’re not allowed to point fingers at me accusing me of choosing someone else other than you!!”

“I’m sorry, I wasn’t trying to blame you.”

“It’s not as easy as it sounds; I’m trying to live a normal life and start dating even though I know how it’s going to end.”

“Noona stayed till the end; I’m sure things will turn out good between you two.”

“Bora was-” Sunggyu didn’t want to say something that would make her look or sound insensitive, “rare.”

“Hyung, you’re going to be fine.”

“Yeah, I don’t know about that. I’m scared sometimes to push my daughter unintentionally because of this! Do you know how hard it is to reject your family!”

“I didn’t know. I’m sorry, Hyung.”

“Yes, I want to try to touch Woohyun or- here is a wild idea how about maybe hug him? I’m not sorry for choosing him over you or Dongwoo or Hoya.”

Myungsoo smiled, “So, he is the one.”

“Yeah, he is the one.”

 

Kitchen

Meanwhile, in the kitchen, Woohyun was busy trying his best to distract Shi-ah by making a fun cooking show for her, which wasn’t hard showbiz is his thing. Only Shi-ah’s eyes were fixed on the door as if she was waiting for her dad to walk in and join them.

“Shi-ah?”

“…”

“Earth to Shi-ah~~.”

Shi-ah finally looked at Woohyun when he waved his hand in front of her face, “You called?”

“Hmm, I thought you want to help.”

“Sure, what do you want me to do?”

“Cut the vegetables for me” Quietly, Shi-ah took the knife and the vegetables and started cutting, “If you’re going to think about something else while using a knife, then I think we should take a break.”

“But we just started.”

Woohyun took the knife from her and placed it safely on the table before he took Shi-ah’s hand to sit on the chair by the table with him, “you look distracted; do you want to talk about it?”

“Ani.”

“I’m a good listener.”

“I’m good, no thanks.”

“Is it school?”

“What are you trying to do?”

“Sorry?”

“You don’t need to be nice to me to win, dad; let’s not mix things up, uh?”

“Who said I’m doing this to win your dad?”

“All of you are the same. Do you know how many women approached me to win, dad!”

“I’m not like others; I like hanging out with you.”

“No, you like dad, if I weren’t that man’s daughter, you wouldn’t spare me a look!”

Woohyun tried to be as calm as he could; something is bothering that girl. “Everything alright? What happened?”

“I called Saeron Unnie”, Woohyun held her hand, understanding where is she going with this. “She said that she is busy and not to call her. That was so embarrassing; everyone laughed at me.”

“I’m sorry that happened, Shi-ah.”

“I was never going to call if she wouldn’t tell me to do call.”

“I might’ve had something to do with this.”

“I don’t understand.”

“All I want you to understand whether your dad and I are dating or not; I still want to be your friend, and you can call me anytime.”

“How would I know that you won’t change your mind?”

“I won’t, I promise.”

“Araso”, Shi-ah smiled a little, “Thanks.”

“So, can I get a hug?”

“God, you surely love to hug”, Shi-ah hugged Woohyun. “Does that mean you and dad are dating?”

Woohyun backed from the hug pouting, which made the teen chuckles. “Not yet.”

“Omg, you’re too slow!!”

“Yah, your uncle, showed at the wrong time; I was supposed to make it official tonight, just the three of us.”

“Three of us?”

“Of course,” Woohyun caressed Shi-ah’s hair, “I don’t want to be Nam Woohyun, the celebrity.”

“Then what am I supposed to call you?”

“Anything you like.”

“Ajusshi?”

“Yah,” Shi-ah chuckled, “That’s not funny~~. I’m not that old.”

“Samchon? Can I call you samchon?”

“Hmm, sure.”

“Araso, samchon it is.”

“Does that mean you don’t have a problem with me dating your father?”

“A-Ani, it’s cool, I guess.”

“Shi-ah”, Woohyun lifted the teen face when she lowered it, “What is it?”

“I love Appa a lot. I drive him crazy sometimes, and we fight too, but he’s all I’ve got.”

“Shi-ah”, Woohyun hugged the girl, “I promise not to change a thing between you two.”

“And I said it b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter