Shi-Ah

Barista and TV star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Innisfree GREEN CAFE

 

It’s been a couple of days since Woohyun came to the café and begged for another chance and since then he didn’t fail Sunggyu, more like he shocked the barista and everyone else. Woohyun took a week off from the entertainment world, something he never did before, and it wasn’t just because he wants to sit on the barstool and stare at Sunggyu making coffee, his agency advised him to take a break before the next big project.

“Good morning, my dear Sunggyu.”

Woohyun wanted to wipe off that smile from Sunggyu’s face and why does this customer know his name!!!

“Hyung, what are you doing here?”

“You promised to make me coffee.”

“Hmm, give me a minute”, Sunggyu called Sungjong, “Cover for me, kid.”

“Yes, boss”, Sungjong then noticed the handsome man standing in front of him and bowed, “What can I get for you, sir?”

“That’s alright, Sunggyu got me.”

“Wow, boss’s friends are all handsome.”

Rain smiled for Sungjong, “Hi, I’m Rain.”

And Sungjong returned the smiled and shook his hand, “Sungjong, nice to meet you.”

“You too.”

“Come every day!”

Sunggyu and Rain chuckled at how cute Sungjong was, will not Woohyun he sipped from his coffee while he is keeping an eye on Sunggyu and that guy, “Back to work, Sungjong.”

“Yes, boss.”

Sunggyu returned to Rain with a cup coffee and joined him on the empty barstool next to the therapist, and because Woohyun was staring at them Rain couldn’t help notice him,

“Omg, Nam Woohyun!! They weren’t kidding when they said you’re a regular”, Rain offered his hand, “Rain, I’m a big fan.”

Professionally and keeping his feeling aside, Woohyun shook his hand with a smile, “Thank you, it’s always great to meet a fan, and you are?”

Rain looked at Sunggyu, still holding Woohyun’s hand surprised by the question, “I am?”

“Hmm, you know Sunggyu’s name, a friend maybe?”

Rain held back a laugh and Sunggyu shook his head, not believing that Woohyun is now acting like a jealous boyfriend which they were not, “Woohyun, stop.”

“No, that’s okay”, Rain mixed the sugar with his coffee, “I’m a very close friend.”

“Define close.”

“Omg! Woohyun!!” Rain chuckled enjoying this, “And you stop it, don’t feed him that !”

Rain didn’t want to say more, maybe Sunggyu doesn’t want to tell Woohyun or anyone else that he is his therapist, so he settled for this, “We’re just friend.”

“He is my therapist.”

How close is Nam Woohyun to Sunggyu that he simply said that, Rain was impressed and happy at the same time, maybe Woohyun is what Sunggyu needed all this time “Jung Ji-hoon, I’m Sunggyu’s therapist.”

“Omg for real!! Yah, you said you don’t see one!”

Sunggyu scoff, “Why do think I tell you everything!”

“I’ll deal with you later! Mr Jung-”

“Aigo, call me Rain Hyung like Sunggyu does.”

“Great, Rain Hyung can you please teach me?”

Sunggyu and Rain looked at each other a little confused, what does Woohyun want to learn, “I’m sorry, what?”

“Boss, mind coming for a second.”

Sunggyu nodded, “I’ll be back.”

When Sunggyu was gone with Sungjong, Woohyun asked the therapist again, “Teach me, please! I want to learn how to be around him without making him uncomfortable.”

“What do you know about Haphephobia?”

“No touching, personal space, and how they can get panic attacks from a touch- I know nothing I googled it.”

Rain smiled at him; no one asked to learn about Sunggyu’s condition from Sunggyu’s friends other than her, “How about you come with him the next session?”

“I can?”

“You can ask him.”

“You think he’d say yes?”

Rain shrugged, “probably, he told you who I am, so it won’t hurt to ask him.”

When Sunggyu returned, Woohyun didn’t waste time and asked him right away, “Take me with you to your next appointment!”

Rain looked away, drinking his coffee when Sunggyu looked at him; he knows that it was his therapist idea, “Hyung, what did you tell him!”

“Nothing, he asked, and I answered.”

“Aren’t we friends?” Sunggyu nodded, “Then let me be part of this if I ever made you feel uncomfortable. I’ll leave all you need to do kick me out.”

Sunggyu looked back and forth between his therapist, who looked excited about the idea and Woohyun who was begging with his puppy eyes, “Araso, you can come.”

“ASAH!!!”

“I hope I don’t regret this.”

 

 

 

Health care centre

 

As promised, Sunggyu and Woohyun came together to the next session, to say Woohyun was beyond happy that Sunggyu opened up to him and allowed him to be there next to him was more like a dream. Woohyun thought that Sunggyu pushed his friends away from this side of him but turned out they were just too busy to come along.

After an hour, Rain served them coffee before they leave while they chit chat. Woohyun was amazed by Rain’s talent, that man knows what he’s doing and looks more professional behind a desk with glasses on.

“Coffee for everyone, not like yours Sunggyu.”

“Thank you, Hyung.”

“Thanks.”

“So, how was your first session Woohyun?”

“I enjoyed it very much, and now that I think about it I need a session of my own!”

Woohyun always had a busy life, his mental health and status always came last; he had to be there all awake and ready with a smile on his face 24/7. You can say, any wrong move or lazy moment would be captured forever online and may be used against him if the media wants to bring him down. Coming with Sunggyu to therapy session was a risk on its own; if anyone recognizes him and tweet about it, it could be the end of his career.

“You’re welcome at my office anytime Woohyun.”

“Thank you, Hyung.”

“You two are alike, to tell the truth, very different lifestyle yet so much alike.”

“Hmm, turns out Woohyun is running away from people as well.”

“I’m not running away; sometimes I don’t feel like hugging anyone, which is not a choice btw.”

“Then how about we do this, Woohyun put your hand on the table here.”

Woohyun did as told, “Right here?”

“Yes, and Sunggyu try to touch him.”

“Huh! Hyung, it’s our first session together isn’t it too soon!”

Sunggyu panicked not because he was afraid to touch Woohyun, he just doesn’t want to hurt his feelings if ever reacted badly, what if Woohyun is offended by that!

“Aigo~~, so, dramatic what could happen!! The worse thing that could happen is you push my hand away.”

“Woohyun.”

Woohyun smiled assuring Sunggyu that he is going to be okay, “It’s fine; you won’t hurt my feelings.”

Sunggyu stared at Woohyun’s hand, keeping both of his hands secured on his lap, so, Rain gave him a little push, “It’s all about breathing Sunggyu, you can do it.”

“I won’t move or do a thing; you can let go whenever you want.”

Rain was actually impressed that Woohyun knew precisely the right thing to say, he was listening well in the session and actually paying attention to every detail. The therapist decided to sit back and let Woohyun handle the situation, that man knew what he’s doing.

And because Woohyun sounded sincere, it encouraged Sunggyu to do it, instead of keeping his palms on the desk, Woohyun turned his palms upward so that Sunggyu can hold them. Woohyun was aiming to more than a touch; he wanted Sunggyu to hold them.

With a lot of hesitation and silent, Sunggyu placed both of his hands on Woohyun’s welcoming palms, Sunggyu’s breath hitched for a moment, but he took a deep breath reminding himself how good it is to be able to touch someone. As for Woohyun, he tried to control the excitement built inside him and restrain himself from closing his hands and locking Sunggyu’s hands between them.

“How do you feel Sunggyu?”

“W-Weird.”

“Don’t forget to breathe Sunggyu, you can remove your hands whenever you want, or you can let Woohyun hold them.”

As if the therapist could read him mind, “Can I?”

“Hmm.”

It was for less than a second, Woohyun gently closed his palms making sure he doesn’t squeeze Sunggyu’s hands then opened them again, Rain didn’t have to say a word or give Woohyun any instruction, the latter was a pro. Sunggyu removed his hands as soon as Woohyun opened his palm, that was enough touching for the day.

“How was that Sunggyu?”

“Not bad”, Sunggyu smiled close to tears for coming this far with a person he met recently, basically a stranger, “Thank you, Woohyun.”

“Aye~, don’t mention it, my hands will always be here open for you if you ever needed someone to hold.”

“I must say, I’m impressed Woohyun.”

“It’s all thanks to you, Hyung.”

 

 

 

Sunggyu’s House

 

Woohyun drove Sunggyu home after the therapy session, strangely it was fun something he would’ve repeated if Sunggyu allowed him to come again. Woohyun doesn’t want to push it, Sunggyu was brave enough to let him hold his hands even if it was for a second.

“Do you want coffee?”

“Are you inviting me in, Kim Sunggyu?”

“Ugh, yes!!” Sunggyu left the car then turn to Woohyun, “Come on!!!”

It wasn’t only Woohyun there, the latter thought he get to spend more 101 times with Sunggyu, but Myungsoo and Hoya were waiting for them by the staircase.

“Hyung, where were you!!”

“Out.”

“The café was closed.”

“Hmm, we’re close, we do this every month”, Sunggyu unlocked his door, “I’ll make you guys coffee come in.”

Hoya stared at Woohyun briefly, not understanding why did Sunggyu spend his day off with him, “Where did you go with him?”

Woohyun smiled, “Out, didn’t you hear Sunggyu?”

“Since when you two have secret activities together?”

“That’s between Sunggyu and me”, Woohyun held the door open, “Coming?”

 

Sunggyu knew the reason why his brother came, he wanted to rant his boyfriend, but unlucky him Hoya tagged along, so Sunggyu took his brother to the kitchen as they prepared snacks and coffee for their guests.

“What’s wrong?”

Myungsoo sighed, looking at his brother, “Sungyeol.”

“I thought everything is going well now that Hoya knows.”

“That’s what I thought too! I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter