Help me breath

Barista and TV star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sunggyu’s house

 

Sunggyu opened his eyes to find himself in his house laying on his bed; he doesn’t really remember what happened and how he got here, so he assumed that his friends brought him over but what about Shi-ah!

He pressed his palm on his head when he tried to sit feeling dizzy, “Easy, Sunggyu I gave you a strong pain killer.”

“Rain Hyung, what are you doing here?”

Rain dragged a chair next to the bed to sit on, “Shi-ah called me.”

“Shi-ah?”

“Hmm, she was worried, why don’t you tell me what happened?”

“I don’t know.”

“Sunggyu”, Rain tried to touch his hand that was on his lap, but Sunggyu was quicker and removed them fast to avoid his touch, “You were doing fine with her, did something new happen?”

“What did she tell you?”

“You were hugging when it happened.”

“I have to see her; I must’ve freaked her out!”

“Hmm, you did, she thinks it’s her fault. So, unless you tell what happened, she’ll continue to blame herself.”

“W-Woohyun came over today.”

“He did! I thought he is busy with his show, that’s good you’re comfortable around him, you need to be around people who can touch you. Did he say something to upset you?”

“He confessed.”

Rain frowned, “Confessed what?” Sunggyu looked at his therapist, “Omg, he confessed, confessed?”

“Hmm.”

“I thought Woohyun is straight”, Sunggyu nodded, “I thought you are straight!!”

“That’s what I thought too?”

“So, you’re okay with this?”

“Yeah, I guess.”

“Does that mean you accepted him?”

“Hmm.”

“And Shi-ah? Did she witness all of this?” Sunggyu lowered his head and nodded, “and?”

“She cried.”

“Then?”

“I woke up here; I don’t remember anything else.”

“I see, that’s why she thinks it’s her fault.”

A knocking on the door got their attention before Shi-ah’s head popped from the door to check on her dad, “Appa? Are you okay? Can I come in?”

It broke his heart to see her red eyes; he can tell she was crying, “Hmm, come in.”

She smiled and quickly ran toward the bed to take the empty space next to her father making sure she isn’t close to him, she doesn’t want to make it worse thinking she’s already done enough.

“Myungsoo Samchon is downstairs too.”

“You called everyone!”

“Hmm, I was worried.”

“I’m okay~, it’s not like it’s the first time, right?” Shi-ah smiled nodding; she then looked down when her father stretched his hands for her to take, “Go on.”

Shi-ah looked between her father and Rain, “I think I shouldn’t maybe some other time.”

“You told me once you’re not scared if I ever rejected your touch.”

“That was before I got used to your hugs, and now that I tried it, I don’t want to stop hugging you! I like it”, Shi-ah covered her eyes and cried, “I’m sorry, Appa I didn’t mean to hurt you. I didn’t know I’d enjoy hugging you that much.”

Sunggyu asked his therapist silently for a time alone with his daughter, and Rain knew that Sunggyu was able to handle that situation by himself, “I’ll update the guys about you.”

Sunggyu waited until Rain closes the door to get close to his daughter, “Shi-ah~, look at me.”

“…”

Shi-ah didn’t reply instead continued crying, and it was only seconds until she felt her father’s arms around her hugging her tightly. To think it would make her stop crying but instead, she cried even harder.

“Aigo~, why are you crying? Appa is sorry, I made you worry.”

“I- thought- y-you don’t want t-to hug me a-anymore.”

“How could you think that! I like hugging you too.”

Sunggyu gave her time to cry between his arms and lying on his chest as he caressed her long hair, “Appa?”

“Yeah?”

“Are you okay? I can give you space; I got my hug for the day.”

“Can you stay longer?”

“But your breath-”

Shi-ah could feel her father’s breath; she knows it’s not easy on him and needs more time and breaks between touches, “Then help me breathe, uh?”

Sunggyu knew she was smiling; he didn’t need to see her face, “Sure, I’d love that.”

“What happened wasn’t because of you, it was because I felt like I failed you as a father when I thought about moving on with someone else.”

Shi-ah backed a little to look at her father’s eyes, “You didn’t fail me, Appa. I love you even when you barely touched me when I was little; I believed that one day you would and look at us now.”

“I don’t want to make you cry.”

“Appa~, you’ll make me cry a lot in future, I’m sure of that!”

“Huh?”

“That is when I start to date, and you give my boyfriend a hard time.”

“S-Shi-ah! You’re 12!!!”

“Almost 13.”

“Still you can’t talk about boyfriends, it’s too early for that talk.”

“Appa~~, it’s not like he asked me out, you think I should ask him out first?”

“YAH, Kim Shi-ah!!!”

Shi-ah chuckled, “I’m kidding.”

“Why!! Who is it?”

“Appa~~, there is no one I promise.”

Sunggyu sighed, and it made Shi-ah chuckles, “You almost gave your father a heart attack!”

“Appa”, Shi-ah held her father’s hand gently without pressing on his hand, “I want you to be happy.”

Was it guilt acceptance? Or did she finally accept Woohyun? Or maybe he put her under pressure when he fainted because of her reaction towards Woohyun’s proposal? Regardless of the reason, she said it, Sunggyu was thankful.

“Thank you, princess. Don’t worry about me. I don’t need anyone else. I’m happy with you.”

“Hmm, I know, but you like him too, don’t you?”

Sunggyu shook his head, “That’s not important.”

“Appa.”

“Promise not to talk about it again, uh?”

“But Appa-”

“Shi-ah!”

“Will you please listen to me?”

“No! I don’t want to talk about it anymore, that chapter is closed forever.”

“But Nam Woohyun loves you.”

“I know.”

“And you love him too.”

“I love you, Shi-ah.”

“Hmm, but it doesn’t mean you can’t love us both.”

“Baby”, Sunggyu caressed her cheek, “Woohyun is famous, I don’t want to ruin his career.”

“But-”

“I’ve made up my mind; it’s a no. Let’s not talk about it, okay?”

“Hmm, Araso.”

“Don’t you have exams coming this week?”

“Hmm, a lot.”

“Then start studying study now, I’m expecting good grades.”

“Hmm, I’ll go now a study. Do you need anything from me?”

“Switch off the lights; I need a short nap to recharge.”

“Everyone downstairs wants to see you.”

“I’m dizzy; Rain Hyung probably gave me something strong. Tell Dongwoo samchon to pass by the café; I’m sure Sungjong is there alone.”

“Hmm, I will.”

“Wake me up in an hour, okay?”

“Sure, what about Hoya and Myungsoo samchons?”

“Tell them to be useful and cook something.”

“Hmm, Araso.”

Shi-ah kissed her father’s cheek and did as told; she knows that he is on medication, and it’s probably making him dizzy. What assured her that she didn’t cause her father the panic attack, not only Sunggyu assured her with words, he even hugged her and let her kiss his cheek.

 

Downstairs

Everyone gathered around Shi-ah when she walked into the living room, they were waiting for her to leave the room to check on Sunggyu, but she stopped them.

“Appa wants to sleep.”

“What do you mean sleep!! Move it, young lady, I’m his brother.”

“But Appa said-”

“I don’t care what he said!! MOVE.”

“S-Samchon!”

Dongwoo side hugged Shi-ah, the teen was shocked by her uncle reaction, “Myungsoo, don’t yell at her!”

“I’m her uncle-”

“Still she didn’t do anything wrong, stop yelling at everyone!” the sternness in Dongwoo’s voice made Myungsoo back off a little.

“Myung, it’s probably Sunggyu’s wish, Shi-ah is just delivering it”, Hoya tried to calm Myungsoo, he knows that the younger is stressed because of something else. It’s definitely not because of Sunggyu; Rain filled them with all the good news and how he is okay.

“I gave him strong medications, let him rest”, Rain added.

Realizing what he did, Myungsoo hugged the little girl, “I’m sorry, princess.”

“It’s okay, Samchon. You’re like a father to me.”

Myungsoo kissed her forehead and hugged her again, “I’m sorry, Dongwoo Hyung is right; it’s not your fault.”

“What did he also say?” Dongwoo asked he knew Sunggyu has more up in his sleeves.

“Dongwoo samchon, you need to get back to the café and help Sungjong Oppa. He said clean the machines well, or else he won’t give you your salary for this month.”

Dongwoo pouted, “That old man bossing around even when he is sick!!”

“Honey, you two are the same age.”

“I know, I’m an old man too”, Dongwoo kissed Hoya’s cheek, “I’ll be late tonight.”

“Hmm, don’t overwork yourself.”

“Do you need anything on my way home?”

“Ani, take care.”

“I’ll go with you; I get to see my boy.”

“Good, then make yourself useful and help us close things.”

“I’m doing this for Sungjong.”

“Yeah, yeah, let’s go. Bye, everyone.”

 

Rain and Dongwoo left first to look after the café and close things. Usually, Sunggyu does it on his own by today he is sick.

“Appa told me to study, and you two, cook.”

“We’ll cook something together for you”, Hoya suggested even though he knew Myungsoo doesn’t want to stay.

“Hmm, thank you samchon.”

“Call us if you need help studying.”

“Hmm, Araso.”

Hoya waited for Shi-ah to go back upstairs before he started, “We need to talk.”

“Hmm.”

 

Kitchen

Hoya and Myungsoo ended up in the kitchen, making food as promised, “How are you?”

“I’m okay.”

“Good”, Myungsoo gave Hoya a look as if he was waiting for something from him, “What?”

“Don’t you want to ask about your brother?”

“Myung.”

“Sorry, Hyung I didn’t mean to interfere.”

“Hmm, you seem far from being okay, tell Hyung what’s wrong.”

“A lot happened. You, telling everything to Yeol and then there is Sunggyu Hyung not feeling well, Shi-ah who needs someone to follow her up regarding school stuff.”

“Sunggyu and Shi-ah are managing well without us. Did something happen between you and Sungyeol?”

Myungsoo shrugged cutting vegetables, “He is pushing me away.”

“I’m sorry Myungsoo I didn’t mean to say it all like that, I don’t know what got into me.”

“You didn’t say it all; you left a big part”, Myungsoo looked at Hoya and smiled, “You care about your brother, Hyung.”

“Hmm, but no one forgives someone who talks badly about their mother.”

“Sungyeol is just mad; he’ll come around.”

“It doesn’t matter”, Hoya sighed “Can you promise me one thing?”

“Sure, anything.”

“I can’t believe I’m asking you this, but don’t give up on him; he is hurt.”

“Will you two ever be close?”

Hoya shook his head, “I don’t think so.”

“I’m confused, one minute you care then you don’t want to fix things between you two.”

“It’s better this way.”

“Is that why you told him half of the truth?”

“Hmm, that way he won’t hesitate to hate me and stay

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter