Break

Barista and TV star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sunggyu’s House

 

Sunggyu’s room

After ending the call with Rain, Sunggyu stayed at the balcony a little longer to breathe, this time without smoking. Returning to the room was a big step; hurting Woohyun’s feelings wasn’t something he wanted to do. Shouldn’t he be like the supported boyfriend instead of making him feel unwanted and guilty for something he didn’t do?

Eventually, Sunggyu’s body gave upon him, and he had no option but to return to his room; sleeping on the floor seemed safer; for now, he wasn’t ready. Woohyun wasn’t sleeping himself; he was waiting for Sunggyu to return to the room and make sure he felt well.

Woohyun peeked at Sunggyu from the bed, “Hey.”

“Why are you not sleeping?”

“I want to make sure you’re okay.”

“Shouldn’t you worry about yourself for now?” Woohyun didn’t say a word waiting for Sunggyu’s answer, “I’m okay.”

“Are you sure?”

Sunggyu smiled, looking up at Woohyun, “I hated that I reacted that way; I just couldn’t control it. I’m sorry, Woohyun.”

“I wasn’t offended; I was worried about you”, Woohyun offered his hand for Sunggyu to take. “I want to hold your hand.”

With shaky hands, Sunggyu felt the need to hold his hand as well, and he did. “I believe you, Woohyun. I never doubted you.”

“I know”, Woohyun let go of Sunggyu’s hand, not to push it. “What did Shi-ah say?”

“Will you stop worrying about how we feel?”

“You guys are my strength; I don’t think I can continue with this without you.”

“Talk to her tomorrow, she is confused, but I know she believes you.”

“I can talk to her?”

“Of course, it would be nice to hear it from you directly.”

“Can I ask you something?”

“Sure.”

Woohyun sat on the bed, and Sunggyu did the same but on the floor, “Who were you talking to???”

“Huh?”

“Don’t lie, Kim Sunggyu, you were on the phone!!”

“Wah!” Sunggyu stood up. “You are in no position to question me!!!”

“Why are you not answering my question!!!”

“D.O. N.O.T. W.A.N.T. T.O!”

Woohyun scoff, getting off the bed to stand in front of Sunggyu, “I’m your boyfriend; you can’t hide things from me! What if I were the one talking to someone secretly??”

“What are you talking about!”

“I can’t believe you’d hide things from me!”

“Yah!! I didn’t even question you and believed you right away!”

“Well, I’m not you!! Give me names! Unless you want me to walk out from here.”

“You’ve got to be kidding me!”

Woohyun walked toward the door, “I’m leaving.”

“It was Rain Hyung, God!!”

Woohyun crossed his arms, “What did you talk about? Because if it was about me, I want to know.”

“I talked about myself, happy!!!”

Woohyun chuckled, confusing Sunggyu, “I love you too.”

“Huh?”

Woohyun pecked Sunggyu’s lips, a quick one barely touching his lips. “I won’t leave. I’m just kidding.”

“You’re crazy!!”

Woohyun returned to bed. “Stop the drama and sleep next to me; the bed is huge.”

Sunggyu joined him on the bed, each taking their own side, “so annoying.”

“Did you tell him?”

“Hmm, I’m meeting him tomorrow to talk more about it.”

“Can I come tomorrow with you?”

“Hyun, don’t you want to solve the scandal and clear things?”

“I want to know everything about you; that’s all I care about.”

“Araso, you can come” Sunggyu turned his face to the other side, giving Woohyun his back, Woohyun is so cheesy! “you already know about my past anyway.”

Woohyun smiled, facing Sunggyu’s back, “Good night.”

“Hmm, good night.”

“I love you.”

“Shut up and sleep.”

Woohyun chuckled, “yes, Mr Barista.”

 

 

Kitchen

Woohyun woke up early to prepare breakfast for Sunggyu and Shi-ah. It wasn’t because he wanted to impress them; these two already accepted and loved him; he did it to show how thankful he was for taking him in when everyone pointed fingers at him. One night, Woohyun turned from the most famous reporter in KBS to the most hated one; though he was smiling, he was hurt from the inside; if things aren’t solved soon, it could be the end of his career.

 

“Woohyun samchon?” Shi-ah was rubbing her eyes, half asleep, “Good morning.”

“Hello, young lady.”

Shi-ah smiled, looking at the prepared food, “Wow, this looks yummy. Thank you.”

“Aigo~, don’t mention it. Have a seat and eat.”

Shi-ah bowed before taking a seat, “I’ll eat well. Where is Appa?”

“Showering”, Woohyun didn’t know if it was a good idea to talk to her without Sunggyu, but he couldn’t wait longer, “Shi-ah about the scandal.”

“I know you didn’t do it, samchon.”

“Shi-ah!”

“Saeron Unnie lied to me once; she is not an honest person”, Shi-ah took another bite “besides, if Appa let you in, then it means you’re not guilty, as everyone says on the internet.”

Woohyun took a seat on the chair in front of her, “But still, I feel like I need to explain, can I?”

“Sure. I’ll eat you talk.”

Adorable, like her father, “Scandals are part of the toxic side of the show business; some use it as an easy way to reach fame and their goal.”

“But not you, right?”

“Hmm, I’ll never do that.”

“Did she do it because you chose dad over her?”

Woohyun smiled, impressed at how smart she was, “Ani, she did it to punish me because your dad chose me over her.”

“I see. Are you going to be okay, samchon?”

“Hmm, as long as the people I care about stay by my side, nothing else matters.”

“Appa isn’t feeling well. I bet you noticed.”

“Yeah.”

“But I know he believes you; just give him time.”

Woohyun couldn’t believe how considerate that teen was! “Sunggyu is lucky to have you, Shi-ah. You know that, right?”

“I’m blessed too.”

“Can I hug you?” Shi-ah nodded and got off her chair to initiate the hug, “I’m willing to give your dad all the time he needs.”

“Good, because I like having you around.”

Woohyun was close to tears; he thought that talking to a teen would be difficult. “And Shi-ah, if kids at your school talk bad about me, don’t defend me. I don’t want you to be in trouble or involved in a fight because of this.”

“Araso”, Shi-ah rolled her eyes, hearing Hoya honking, “That’s Hoya samchon. I have to go.”

“Wait”, Woohyun followed her to the door and waited until she wore her shoes, “I’m not sure how this goes but here.”

“Pocket money?”

“Why? Shouldn’t I? Did I mess up already?”

“Ani, you’re doing good”, Shi-ah smiled, taking the money from him, not that she needed it Sunggyu already gave her money for school; it was her way to welcome him into their world, “Thank you, please make sure Appa eats something.”

“You got it, have a good day.”

“Hmm, bye~~~.”

Woohyun waved for Shi-ah and watched her get into the car with Hoya before he closed the door and turned around, “You can come out.”

“She left?”

“Hmm, why are you hiding from her?”

“I don’t want to hurt her feelings.”

“Hmm, I understand” Woohyun walked toward the kitchen with Sunggyu, “Breakfast?”

“I’m not hungry.”

“Is it because of your session today?”

“Hmm, I’m nervous”, Woohyun observed Sunggyu’s hand gestures, “I need a smoke.”

“Sunggyu~.”

“Do you mind if I smoke here?”

“Not at all, it’s your house”, Sunggyu lightened a cigarette, “Do you want to tell me what happened?”

“What do you mean? I already told you.”

“Hmm, you told me part of it”, Woohyun then took the cigarette from Sunggyu, “did he hurt you when you refused?”

“W-Woohyun.”

“It’s okay, you can tell me.”

“What’s the point? I’m damaged because of my past; you think talking about it would help?”

“Actually, I do.”

Sunggyu retook his cigarette and inhaled the smoke, then blew it out. “Fine, if you badly want to hear it.”

“I’m listening.”

“After I learned that what he did wasn’t normal, I told my mom again. This time she told me that she’d talk to dad.”

“I thought she didn’t believe you.”

“She did the second time, but when she talked with him, dad told her I was acting like this to draw attention that I was jealous of Myungsoo.”

“Sunggyu!”

Sunggyu smiled bitterly, “She believed him.” He then looked at Woohyun straight into his eyes, “Then he made sure I never dare to tell anyone about it again.”

“Didn’t anyone notice the marks on your body?”

Sunggyu inhaled the smoke again, “He made sure to do it in unseen places.”

“I’m sorry this happened to you.”

Sunggyu got up from the chair, “It’s not too late to change your mind.”

“Yah!” Woohyun wasn’t done by him; he had no other option but to grab Sunggyu’s wrist to stop him, “How could you!”

Sunggyu tried to twist his arm, “Let me go, Woohyun.”

“No!” instead of letting him completely, Woohyun held his cheek gently, “I’m not your dad; I refuse to be compared to him.”

“Woohyun.”

“Kiss me.”

“I can’t!”

“Yes, you can.”

“Woohyun, stop.”

“You want it as much as I do.”

It was easy for Sunggyu to move away; Woohyun wasn’t squeezing his hand, “I can’t breathe, damn it.”

Woohyun gave him his pills and a glass of water, “Well, it’s not because of me, it’s because of that cigarette, so if you’re waiting for an apology, I’m not giving you one.”

Sunggyu chuckled as he tried to catch his breath, “So, annoying.”

“What!! It’s the truth!!” Woohyun then wore his jacket, “Come on, if you’re not going to eat, then let’s go, we will be late to Rain Hyung.”

“Don’t you have a scandal to solve!!”

“Let’s solve yours first.”

“I don’t have a scandal!”

“True, you have worse!! You think I’m your dad, which I don’t know how I’d feel about that.”

“Y-Yah!!”

 

 

 

Hoya’s car

 

Hoya wasn’t sure if he should ask Shi-ah about it or not; she looked so calm reading a school book. The last thing Dongwoo told him that Woohyun came to their house, only he didn’t know if he spent the night over or was kicked out.

“Everything okay, samchon?”

“Huh?” Shi-ah’s question brought him

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter