A friend

Barista and TV star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Innisfree GREEN CAFE

 

Sungjong sighed watching his boss absentminded wiping the same cup for the past hour, ever since Hoya left Sunggyu wasn’t the same, though his friend he was harsh made a point, what was he doing!

“Boss.”

“…”

“Boss!”

Sungjong tapped his boss’s shoulder which wasn’t a good move, Sunggyu dropped the cup, and it broke, not only that from the unexpected touch Sunggyu backed bumping his back and the back of his head, “Awch! - ah.”

“Omg, I’m so sorry.”

“What happened here!” Dongwoo rushed to his friend, hearing the cup shattering on the floor, “You okay?”

“I’m sorry I was just trying to get his attention; the customer had a question and-”

Sunggyu shrank when Sungjong tried to reach out for him obviously to apologize, so Dongwoo quickly grabbed the younger’s hand and stopped him, “Please cover for Sunggyu and me, we will be back- Aish.”

Not that he waited, Sunggyu already left, “Is he okay?”

“Yeah, and be careful from the broken cup.”

“Hmm, I got it; you can go Hyung”, Sungjong looked where Sunggyu went, “I think he hurt his back, please check on him.”

Too adorable, where did Sunggyu find this guy! “Hmm, don’t worry, I’ll look after him.”

 

Resting area

Dongwoo found his friend curled on the chair hiding his head between his knees; it was his fault, to begin with, he should’ve told Sungjong about his condition to be careful and not touch him. What Sungjong did was normal, people usually tap someone’s shoulder to call them or get their attention.

“Gyu.”

“Hoya is right; I can’t live a normal life.”

“Come on, don’t say that you’re perfectly normal.”

Sunggyu looked up, “You call what happened normal? Who freaks out from a tap on the shoulder!!!!!”

Sunggyu lightened a cigarette and Dongwoo didn’t dare to say a word, his friend was stressed, and smoking is his only comfort, “Can I look at your back? Let me put ice on it.”

“Araso”, Sunggyu sat on the chair backwards, ed his shirt to give his friend access. He trusted his friend and knew he’d never go further than placing the ice bag on the bruise, so Sunggyu continued smoking, letting his friend does his work.

“Does it hurt? It’s red.”

“Ani.”

“Probably you’ll feel pain later, here take a pill.”

“Hmm.”

It was quiet for some time, only the sound of the ice as Dongwoo removed it and put it back on his back, “Did you hit your head too?”

“Hmm”, Sunggyu wore back his shirt, “Give me the ice.”

Dongwoo handed his friend the ice bag to do it himself, “Take it easy, uh? That is not the first time you panic; what changed?”

“Nothing.”

“Is it something Hoya said?”

Sunggyu shook his head, “Hoya was nothing but right, I should’ve listened to him.”

“I heard you two talking; you should try and go out with Woohyun.”

Sunggyu scoffed not believing that his friend is actually advising him to go out and have after what happened today, “didn’t you see what happened!!”

“Hmm, I did, it’s because you locked yourself in for too long that you’re now scared from contacting the out world, you don’t hang out with us anymore!! When was the last time we went for a drink!”

“It’s because I don’t want to ruin your day.”

“Ruin it!!! Who are you to decide whether you ruin our day or not!! How could you think of your friends like that! If we don’t know you well and understand your situation, who will?? Ha? ANSWER ME.”

“Woo!”

“ you, where is your phone?”

Sunggyu pointed at the table, “Why?”

Dongwoo snatched Sunggyu’s mobile and unlocked it, yes; he knows the passcode, he looked for Woohyun’s message and replied ‘See you at 7, send me the location.’

“There, all done.”

“Omg!! What did you do!!” before Sunggyu could un-send the message or delete it he received a reply from Woohyun ‘Can’t wait <3’ “!!!!”

“Did he change his mind?”

“Yah!!! I can’t go.”

“Why not?”

“This is tonight!!! I’m not ready” Sunggyu received another message with the restaurant name and location, Woohyun didn’t want to push it too far, Sunggyu asking for the location meant he wants to come with his car.

Dongwoo smiled, reading the message, “Aigo~~, what are you going to wear?”

“I’m not going!”

“You can’t turn the boy down; it’s too late.”

“I hate you.”

“Aigo~~, I hate you MORE.”

 

Closing hour neared, so Sungjong arranged the chairs and cleaned the tables knowing his boss won’t be able to do any for today, though he returned to the front fast to take orders, Sungjong was too scared to say a word, what if he was fired for doing something he shouldn’t do!!

“Sungjong”, Sunggyu took off his apron, “Can you close the place for me today? I have to leave early.”

“I- I can?”

“Hmm, at least I know you won’t break the machines or leave the door unlocked.”

“YAH!! I heard that Kim ing Sunggyu!” Dongwoo knew Sunggyu meant him.

“Shut up! It’s true!”

“Whatever! Ungrateful brat.”

“Look who is talking! Idiot” Sunggyu chuckled when he saw Sungjong looking back and forth between him and Dongwoo looking kind of lost, “Don’t worry, we’re good.”

“Hmm, boss, about earlier”, Sungjong bowed, “I’m sorry, please don’t fire me. I love my job, and I love working for you.”

“Sungjong look at me”, Sungjong looked up all nervous, “You sounded like someone confessing.”

“Boss~~!! I’m serious I love you guys, you and Dongwoo Hyung are the Hyungs I never had.”

“I’m not going to fire you; you did nothing wrong.”

“Really? So, you’re truly okay?”

“I’m fine, Sungjong”, Sunggyu gave the younger his best smile, “I just don’t like to be touched.”

“Noted”, Sungjong bowed one more time, “I’ll do better in future.”

“You’re already doing good kid; I don’t know what to do without your help.”

 

 

 

Yadong House

 

“Hello Hubby”, Dongwoo back hugged his husband when he walked in, Hoya was preparing late dinner for his husband knowing well Dongwoo only likes his food.

“Someone is happy.”

“Very~~~~, what’s for dinner I’m starving.”

“Your favourite dish”, Hoya turned carrying Dongwoo’s plate, “Pasta.”

“Smells so good,” Dongwoo pecked his lips “thanks, honey.”

 

As busy as their lives were, Hoya as a dance instructor and Dongwoo running in the café from the morning, the two managed to have a quiet home lifestyle. Dongwoo for instants loves to stay in bed and read, while Hoya watches the news on TV with a very low volume not to disturb his husband.

And today was not any different; the couple stayed in bed after enjoying their meal and showering doing their things, which was nice.

“Honey.”

“Yes, hubby.”

“We’re meeting Sarah this weekend, she has the ultrasound, we get to know the baby gender.”

“Omg, for real!!” Dongwoo smiled, hugging his husband, even more, Hoya was resting his head on his chest as he watched TV.

“I’ll tell Sunggyu tomorrow before we go, I’m sure he’ll be so excited.”

“Yeah, I bet.”

“And-”

Hoya’s mobile rang interrupting the couple cosy moment, which the latter had no intention to answer it since it was Sungyeol who is calling.

“Are you going to answer that?”

“No,” Hoya silent his mobile, “I’ll talk to him tomorrow.”

“But what if it was important?”

“My brother is an adult, why would he need my help in the middle of the night!! Doesn’t he know I’m married????”

Dongwoo kissed Hoya’s cheek, “Answer him, please?”

“Fine!! It’s because I love you!!”

“I love you more, hubby.”

“Hello.”

“Hyung, hi.”

“This better be important bro, what’s up?”

“I’m sorry, were you busy?”

“If you mean if I were having with my husband, then no that’s not what all couples do all the time, we are not bunnies.”

“I- I didn’t mean that.”

“I’m sure you didn’t, can you please tell me what do you want?” Dongwoo nudged his husband to be nicer, but Hoya just brushed him off.

“I have something important to tell you, can I come tomorrow to your house?”

“Tomorrow I’m busy.”

Sungyeol understood that his brother doesn’t want to make plans with him this week,  anyone could tell that Hoya doesn't want to see him “Araso, then at the weekends?”

“I might be busy too, I’ll confirm later, depends.”

“Araso, later Hyung.”

“Yeah, bye.”

“What was that??” Dongwoo was pissed by the way Hoya made Sungyeol feel unwanted.

“What was what!!”

“He is your brother.”

“Yes, and?” Hoya unmuted the TV, “I don’t know why you’re pissed.”

Dongwoo switched off the TV, “Tomorrow you are busy, couldn’t we have him the next day!”

“Ani, and I’m not seeing him this weekend too; we’re meeting Sarah remember.”

“Then tell him to come with us!”

“No, he’ll just ruin the mood, he wants to tell me about Myungsoo, and I’m not ready to hear all about it.”

“Wah, you’re mean.”

“Whatever, can I watch TV now?”

“Wait, aren’t going to tell him that we are going to find out the baby gender soon? Maybe you can consider telling him to come with us-”

“No!! My god, honey!! Let it go!!! My brother so let me deal with him the way I want, uh?”

“I hope you don’t regret this one day”, Dongwoo then switched on the TV for his husband, back to their position.

“Honey, you think I should call Sunggyu and ask about him?”

“You don’t have to”, Dongwoo flipped the book page, “He is out with Woohyun.”

“WHAT!!!!”

“Here we go”, Dongwoo knew that this is going to be a long night, so he closed the book and placed it on the table next to the bed, “What do you have against Woohyun? Isn’t he a good guy?”

“Of course, he is! He is my friend.”

“Then what’s the deal?”

“He can’t be around Woohyun, Woohyun is famous people love to gather around him, you think Sunggyu can handle the crowd??”

“Hmm, I think he would.”

“You’re not serious! He just got a panic attack from hugging his brother.”

“I understand what you’re saying, but you’re not helping him by continuously reminding him how unreliable he is! How he can’t have a life!! Mental health is important!”

“I want the best for Sunggyu, why add more friends! He has us!”

“Us you're talking about already have another a life and our own friends, why can’t he have the same!”

“Sunggyu is-”

“An adult!!” Dongwoo isn’t going to stay still and let his husband have it his way this time, he loves Hoya, but sometimes he needs to restrain him, “Get over it.”

Hoya pouted getting into bed under the covers, “It’s not like he listens to me anyway.”

 

 

Bar/ Restaurant

 

The place that Woohyun chose looked like it supposed to be the most crowded place on earth, like a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter