Rain

Barista and TV star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Innisfree GREEN CAFE

 

The café was finally empty, all customers were gone so Sungjong turn the ‘close’ sign and were about to lock the door, but Sunggyu stopped him.

“Don’t lock it.”

“Are you sure, boss? Anyone can come in.”

“Let’s hope the close sign does the work.”

“Araso”, Sungjong then took off his apron and hanged it, “Do you need anything from me, boss?”

“Ani, thank you for helping cleaning the place.”

“You’re welcome”, Sungjong bowed then smiled waving, “Bye, bye.”

Sunggyu lightened his cigarette waiting for Woohyun to show up, ever since they went for dinner at his place, Woohyun always passed by the closing hour for a late coffee and chit chat with Sunggyu about his day. Which was nice, Woohyun always had exciting stories to tell.

The barista rechecked the time and lightened another cigarette, Woohyun was never late, and if he was ever to be late, he always texts knowing that Sunggyu is waiting for him. Sunggyu even tried to call, but his phone was switched off, and it made Sunggyu worry. So, he unlocked his mobile and searched Nam Woohyun ‘News’ tab thinking he got into an accident or something, but there was nothing only Woohyun’s latest broadcast that he filmed in the morning.

Sunggyu looked up when the door of the café clicked open, thinking it was Woohyun, but it wasn’t, it was Myungsoo.

“Hyung, did you forget to lock the door?”

“Hmm”, Sunggyu walked to the door and locked it, “What brings you here?”

“I was passing by to pick up my car, but I saw the lights on.”

“Coffee?”

“Sure”, Myungsoo sat on the barstool as Sunggyu prepared his coffee, his brother still had the cigarette between his lips “Ugh, now my coffee is going to smell like cigarettes.”

“Hmm, lucky you.”

“Hyung~~.”

“Here, hot and delicious.”

“Thanks.”

Sunggyu joined his brother and continued smoking, “How is Sungyeol?”

“Much better, I think he finally can get over his brother’s obsession.”

“Good.”

Anyone could tell Sunggyu’s mind was somewhere else, “Everything good?”

“Ani.”

“Do you want to tell me?”

Sunggyu hesitated to tell his brother at; first, he doesn’t want to be misunderstood, but at the same time he’s going to explode if he doesn’t tell a soul, “Woohyun is supposed to come for a late coffee.”

“Aw, that’s why the door was unlocked?”

“Hmm”, Sunggyu inhaled smoke “He didn’t come, and he is not answering my calls.”

“You think he’s in trouble?”

“I checked online he is okay.”

“Did you guys fight?”

Myungsoo noticed how much his brother changed ever since he met Woohyun; he goes out again even though they always choose quiet places, it’s still a big change. It wasn’t only Sunggyu who preferred not crowded places, Woohyun needed a quiet place as well away from his fans and paparazzi, which was nice for once Sunggyu is hanging out with someone like him in a way.

“Not that I know about it”, Sunggyu lightened another cigarette as soon he was done with the one he was holding.

“Wait, what are you doing! That’s your third in a row, take a break you need to breathe”, Myungsoo was right; what was he doing! Listening to his brother Sunggyu dropped the cigarette on the ashtray, “It’s just one night, he’ll come tomorrow.”

“I can’t blame him, to be honest.”

“Hyung.”

“Maybe he was bored.”

“Hyung, I’m sure he has a reason.”

“Hmm, right” Sunggyu smiled, “I can’t believe I actually liked hanging out with him. God, I feel like a teenager.”

“Hyung.”

“Come on, let’s go home.”

 

 

 

Yadong House

 

“You did what!!!”

Dongwoo flipped when his husband told him about what happened between him and Woohyun, Hoya and Dongwoo are used to tell each other everything; only. Hoya didn’t think his husband will strongly disagree with him.

“You’re overreacting, honey.”

“Learn to step aside Hoya, stop messing with others life!!!”

“I didn’t mess with anyone’s life.”

“Let Sunggyu figure out what he wants, stop interfering!!!”

“You should’ve seen Woohyun face when I told him, that man wants to be more than a friend. Woohyun is in love.”

“So, what!!!!!!”

“You think Sunggyu will break her heart for him? I’m doing this for Woohyun as well; he should’ve thanked me instead of walking out on me.”

“Hubby, come close to me”, Hoya snuggled between his husband’s arms on the couch, “I love you, you know that, right?”

“Hmm, and you better love me!! I married you for a reason.”

“Good, so listen to me carefully”, Hoya looked up to meet his husband’s eyes, “I. Will. Cancel. The. Adoption. Thingy. If. You. Don’t. ING GROW UP!!”

“Honey~~.”

Dongwoo got off the couch, “I’m warning you, love.”

“Fine, fine you win I’ll stop and focus on us, happy?”

“Hmm, very and you’ll invite Sungyeol to meet Sarah, and that’s final.”

“Yah-”

“Sshh~~, not a single word!”

“Ugh, Araso.”

“And you’ll treat him nicely.”

“Hmm, okay.”

“And when he tells you about Myungsoo you’ll be very supportive.”

“Yah, Yah that’s too much.”

“Araso???”

“The things I do for you Jang Dongwoo”, Hoya got off the couch to hug his husband, “Araso, anything else?”

“Call him now.”

“Honey~~~.”

“Now, Lee Howon.”

“Fine, I hope he doesn’t answer”, Hoya dialled his brother’s number, “Hello.”

“Hyung, hi!!”

“Are you busy? Can we talk?”

“I’m not busy, do you need anything?”

“Ani, I just want you to free yourself on Saturday, we’re meeting Sarah, we will figure out the baby gender.”

“W-What? You want me to come?”

“It’s okay if you don’t want to come-”

“I’ll be there, of course, I can come.”

“Cool, it’s at Sunggyu’s café don’t be late, good night.”

“Good night, Hyung.”

Hoya hanged on his brother fast, “Happy!!!”

“Very, good boy.”

“Can we go to bed already, I’m tired I’ve been dancing all day.”

“Hmm, let’s go. I’ll give you a massage too.”

Dongwoo knew that he should’ve interfered earlier, Hoya listens to one person only, and that’s his husband, only Dongwoo didn’t think for one second that his dear husband would take it this far! Sunggyu, Dongwoo and Hoya always had a stable life no changes; it’s always been the three of them plus her of course. But ever since Woohyun came into their world things changed and its scared Hoya, the latter doesn’t like changes, deciding to adopt a child took a lot of time and efforts for him to accept so Dongwoo coming now and cancelling the whole thing is a big no.

 

 

 

KBS Entertainment

 

Two days passed since Hoya did the talk with Woohyun, which he didn’t think it would work! Woohyun actually stopped passing by the café. It wasn’t only Sunggyu who was absentminded; Hoya passed by the café before he leaves to work and found his friend making coffee without an expression as if he was there. And there was Woohyun walking the company’s halls absentminded not noticing people greeting and bowing for him as he passed by them, which wasn’t right for his image the media will roast him if this continues.

“Woohyun, wait up.”

Hoya had to grab his arm to get his attention, “Hoya? What’s up?”

“Are you okay?”

“Hmm, why?”

“Your fans are dying to get your attention; it’s so unlike you to treat them like air.”

“I didn’t see them; I have so many things on my mind; I was distracted.”

“Can I help?”

“You helped enough, so no thank you.”

“Woohyun”, Hoya blocked Woohyun’s was when he was about to walk away from him, “Hyun, my man~~, don’t tell me you’re still mad at me?”

“I’m mad at myself for listening to you.”

“About?”

Woohyun showed his mobile to Hoya, though he had only one missed call and one message Sunggyu wasn’t that desperate, he had his pride, it still felt wrong to leave him at read without a reply.

“I can’t ing answer him; it hurts so bad.”

“Why can’t you answer him?” Hoya read the message, “He’s asking if you’re coming for your late coffee or not, it’s either yes or no.”

“Are you dumb?”

Hoya blinked, “I’m sorry, did I miss something?”

“Omg!! You told me to stay away from him!!”

“Yes, if you want him to be more than a friend, Sunggyu is straight.”

“You told me he has someone in his life!”

“That shouldn’t be an issue if you want to be his friend, should it?”

“.”

Hoya sighed, “You don’t see him as a friend only, do you?”

“Hmm, I love him, and I didn’t want to ask more from him, us hanging out together was more than enough until-”

“Until you realized that he might be someone else’s lover right in front of you and you have to accept it because you never confessed.”

Woohyun lowered his head, nodding, “Hmm.”

“You’re a coward! I was right about you. God, I’m right about everyone!”

“Y-Yah!”

“I thought you’d be smarter than my dumb brother, but you all are the same!”

“Watch your words, Hoya!!! God, you don’t know how to filter what you say!!”

“What! It’s true!! You chose to hide and protect your heart than answer a simple message”, Hoya patted Woohyun’s shoulder, “You chose the right thing, keep it up and stay away from that café.”

“Hey~~, I thought we’re friends!!”

“We are, we can hang out at other places, I don’t like to mix friends.”

 

And with that Hoya walked away, leaving Woohyun with his thoughts, he has no regrets everyone just proves him right day after day. Hoya knows Woohyun’s type; he is famous and not used to rejection if anyone is going to reject it would be him and not the other person, that’s why he stepped away fast. And regarding Sunggyu he has great pride, two more messages from him would make Woohyun run to his door with a stupid explanation just to get his forgiveness, but no, Sunggyu’s pride was higher than anything and everything.

 

 

 

Health care centre

 

Sunggyu found himself again standing in front of the same building but alone, he always came with her, and surprisingly he liked to go here with her, she actually made the process much easier, holding her hand even for few seconds wasn’t bad.

Yes, Sunggyu has been going to therapy basically his entire life, but he did it alone; that’s why others didn’t get him and kept on doing the wrong thing over and over again. Like for example, when he hugged Myungsoo the other day, if Myungsoo were there with him at his therapy sessions, he wouldn’t make such mistake and squeeze him. That’s why Sunggyu preferred to avoid all type of touches with everyone because it was easier than explaining how or when to do it.

He also told his friends that he stopped doing therapy not to get questioned about his condition over and over again, which was annoying. I mean Sunggyu knew they cared for him but at the same time too much caring isn’t pleasant.

“Hello, Mr Kim, glad to see you back”, the receptionist welcomed Sunggyu with a bright smile.

“Thanks, is he busy?”

“I’ll check for you, have a seat”, it only took her a minute to call him again, “you can get in, he is waiting for you.”

“Thank you.”

 

Mr Jung Ji-hoon or as Sunggyu called him Rain Hyung is the therapist Sunggyu been seeing for a while, the therapist wasn’t that old which made communicating with him easier.

“Sunggyu! I couldn’t believe my ears that you’re back, it’s been a month, right? Have a seat.”

Sunggyu bowed and took the seat in front of his therapist, “It’s good to see you too, Hyung.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter