Haphephobia

Barista and TV star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yadong Home

 

Sungyeol called his brother for a visit; he felt that something, like I’m dating your best friend’s brother, isn’t something he’d tell him through the phone, this is a face-to-face situation.

Dongwoo understood that Sungyeol sudden visit wasn’t because he missed his brother, the two aren’t that close anyway. They loved each other, but their relationship was different than Myungsoo and Sunggyu, Myungsoo never needed a reason to visit his brother he just does it because he simply wants to hang out with his Hyung or talk about his day. Unlike Hoya and his brother, Sungyeol would only pass by for emergencies. So, like a good brother-in-law, Dongwoo excused himself after dinner, using I have to prepare for a job interview to leave the two alone.

 

“Hyung, I have something to tell you.”

“I have something to tell you too.”

“About what?”

“You go first.”

“Ani, I insist you tell me first.”

Howon smiled, showing his brother the adoption papers, “Dongwoo and I decided to adopt.”

Sungyeol smiled happily for his brother, “For real!! When?”

“Soon, we submitted all the papers and will meet the family.”

“Meet the family?”

“Hmm, the mother is a 16 years old girl and can’t raise a kid, so she is giving the baby for adoption.”

“I wish you all the best, Hyung. Thank you for telling me.”

Howon never shared any personal matter with his brother; usually, he is full of surprises. Howon and Dongwoo got married before announcing anything, they were on vacation in Vegas and returned married surprising everyone. That’s how Howon is, and everyone got used to him, except Sungyeol he always envies Myungsoo’s relationship with his brother.

“Aigo~~, of course, I’ll tell you, you are my brother”, Howon poured the tea for them, “Now tell me what do you want to tell me?”

“H-Hyung, the thing is I’m dating someone.”

Howon patted his brother’s shoulder, despite how he treats him Sungyeol was asking for his blessing, which means a lot to him “It’s about time, so who is it? Wait, why are you telling me?”

“Well- the thing is-”

“Wait, please don’t mention any of my friends' siblings!! Especially, Sunggyu’s side.”

“Hyung!”

“You’re not stable and will ruin things fast, don’t want to risk facing my friend for you.”

“You mean you’d actually be on my side?”

Howon nodded, “Of course, you’re my brother.”

Sungyeol didn’t know if he should be worried or happy, but for now, he’ll choose happily, his brother never said something like that to him before, “thanks Hyung, this means a lot to me.”

“And it means a lot to me as well; I love my friendship with Sunggyu so stay away from his brother.”

“It’s not a he; it’s a she.”

Howon sighed relieved, “Damn that was close~~~~, thank you for not being gay this time bro. because if I were you, it would be hard for me not to fall for Myungsoo’s angelic face.”

“Myungsoo and I are just friends.”

“And let’s keep it that way, bro.”

 

 

 

Innisfree GREEN CAFE

 

Sunggyu opened his café early in the morning like usual, curtains up and coffee machines switched on. It’s been a routine Sunggyu followed ever since he handled the café, taking care of his café has always been a priority to him that’s why he struggled at dating at the beginning of his career. And that’s also why he dropped out of college; one of them needed to make money.

It wasn’t bad for him, Sunggyu was never a college boy or even someone who’d he works at an office, café life suited him better if anything Sunggyu was born to make coffee.

Sungjong bowed greeting his boss, “Good morning, boss.”

Sunggyu smiled for the younger, “Good morning, Sungjong. You’re early, I’m impressed.”

“I used to be the one opening the café at my previous job; usually owners come later.”

“I love to do that myself”, Sunggyu gestured for the younger to join him, “Did you eat?”

“Ani.”

“I was about to make breakfast, any requests?”

“Boss!! Let me do it.”

Sunggyu chuckled at how dramatic Sungjong was, it was cute, “let me guess, you used to make breakfast for your previous owners?”

“Hmm.”

“Well, you don’t work there anymore”, Sungjong smiled nodding, “how about I make breakfast, and you prepare coffee for everyone.”

“Everyone?”

“Dongwoo, Howon, Myungsoo and you, of course.”

“Yes, boss.”

Sungjong never knew he’d like working at Sunggyu’s café, he thought he’d miss his old boss, but luckily Sunggyu made it easier for him to move on and accept the new job.

 

Minutes later, Dongwoo walked in with his husband, who is thankfully isn’t mad this morning, “Hello everyone.”

“Hey, Gyu.”

“Hey”, Sunggyu checked the time, “Aren’t you late, Hoya?”

“It’s postponed to 10”, Howon answered his mobile, “Hello? Huh?”

Howon looked up at Sunggyu with a confused expression, making Sunggyu question it “What?”

“Yes, I’m at the café. Why?”

“I’m here too”, Howon turned to find Woohyun behind him, “Hello everyone.”

“What are you doing here? Don’t you have an early report or something?”

“Aigo~~, can’t I have time off”, Woohyun then looked at Sunggyu who actually understood why Woohyun was here early in the morning, “Can I order my coffee?”

Sunggyu folded his arms, “We’re not open yet!”

Dongwoo and Howon looked at each other amused, not only Sunggyu caught what’s happening anyone can tell, “Don’t be rude dear, give our famous TV star his coffee, come on.”

“I’ll do it”, Sungjong suggested, he waited until Sunggyu gives him a signal to go ahead and make the coffee before he proceeded, “Do you want it to go, sir?”

“No, I’ll have my coffee here”, Woohyun answered eyes fixed on Sunggyu, who chose to pretend as if he didn’t notice.

“Ugh~~~, the group came early, I have to go”, Hoya kissed Dongwoo then leant over to Sunggyu only to whisper something, “Good luck.”

“Y-Yah!”

“Later everyone, bye~~~.”

“Sungjong dear”, Dongwoo threw an arm around Sungjong’s shoulder, “Mind giving me a minute at the back?”

“Sure, let me finish-”

“Don’t worry about it; your boss will take care of it.”

Sunggyu felt like shooting his friends one by one; they were enjoying this while they all know they shouldn’t. And that’s how Sunggyu and Woohyun ended up alone at the café, Sunggyu had 30 more minutes before he opens the café.

“Have a seat-” Sunggyu didn’t get to complete his sentence, Woohyun already took the barstool right in front of him.

“Did you eat?”

Sunggyu looked at Woohyun briefly then returned his eyes on the coffee he is preparing, “thanks to you, no.”

“How about I make something for you?”, Sunggyu didn’t get to object Woohyun jumped behind the counter where Sunggyu was standing, “Avocado Egg?”

“Yeah sure”, he thought why not, that’s the least Woohyun could do for interrupting his morning, “You know how to cook?”

Sunggyu served the TV star his coffee as he watched him prepare his breakfast, “Of course, cooking is my hobby, didn’t you read about it? It’s all over the internet.”

Sunggyu figured that Woohyun is the type who thinks he is everyone’s star. Unfortunately, Sunggyu doesn’t stalk famous people, “I didn’t search you.”

Woohyun smiled, pushing the plate toward Sunggyu, “Try it”, he then grabbed his coffee, “I have to go, see you tomorrow?”

Confused, Sunggyu only nodded watching Woohyun wave as he left the café, “He is weird.”

Myungsoo walked in passing by Woohyun leaving, “Was that Nam Woohyun???”

“Hmm.”

“Wow, he actually came.”

“And made breakfast”, Sunggyu showed his brother what Woohyun made for him.

“That guy isn’t kidding; he is going after you.”

“Shut up; he just wants the attention.”

“But you like it~~~.”

“Absolutely no!! He is a customer I can’t kick him out.”

“Do all your customers make you breakfast, Hyung? He must be special” Myungsoo teased.

“That was different he interrupted my time, we’re not open yet! Definitely, not special!”

Myungsoo chuckled, “if you say so~~~.”

“Enough about him, did Sungyeol tell his brother about you two?”

“Ani”, Myungsoo was frowning thinking about it, Sungyeol was the one in a hurry to tell everyone that they’re dating and now that he told his brother, the tallboy asked Myungsoo for more time to tell Howon.

“I thought it was his idea to announce your relationship.”

“Hmm, it was.”

“Well?”

“I don’t know, Hyung. I guess I’ll have to ask him.”

Myungsoo took his coffee, “Later, Hyung. Bye, bye.”

“Good luck with Sungyeol.”

 

 

 

Seoul Engineering university

 

Myungsoo found Sungyeol at their spot holding their coffee waiting for him like usual, only this time he wasn’t smiling, something was off about him, and Myungsoo could guess what it’s all about.

“Morning”, Myungsoo avoided the tallboy’s kiss, “Thanks for the coffee.”

“Myung.”

“Well?”

Sungyeol lowered his head, “I couldn’t tell him.”

“Why!!!”

“I tried to tell him, but you know how Hyung is!”

“Araso, you can tell him tonight then.”

“I can’t. I need time.”

Myungsoo frowned not getting it, “What’s really going on?”

Sungyeol told Myungsoo about their dinner last night, he visited his brother to tell him in person about his relationship with him, “Hyung knows I’m dating someone, he doesn’t know it’s you.”

“Why didn’t you tell him it was me?”

“I was going to say it, but he interrupted me warning me not to mention someone from his territory.”

“Huh?”

“You’re his best friend’s brother; he doesn’t want me to mess his relationships with Sunggyu Hyung.”

“I don’t get it.”

“Hyung knows that your brother would choose you over anyone, and it might mess up things between them.”

“So, when you’re going to tell him about us?”

“Not now, I gave him a fake girl name.”

“What!”

“I panicked, okay!!!

“So, now what! We continue dating in secret???”

“Sunggyu Hyung knows about us.”

“Yes! Because I kept my promise and talked to him! My brother doesn’t know I was gay, to begin with.”

“I’m sorry.”

“I can’t believe you failed me from the beginning”, Myungsoo gave Sungyeol back the coffee he bought for him, “I already had my coffee thanks.”

“Myung, come on I just need time.”

“I need time, as well.”

Sungyeol blocked Myungsoo way, “Myung, I love you, can we talk about it more.”

“There is nothing more to say! You already gave him a name.”

“I panicked!”

“A girl’s name!!!”

“I panicked!!!!!”

“Araso, why don’t you try to calm down and take your time to fix it.”

“What is that supposed to mean?”

“It means I need a break.”

“Come on, Myung.”

“Ar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter