Past

Barista and TV star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yadong House

 

Hoya wanted to throw his brother out for coming early in the morning to chat or whatever, but he couldn’t. Hoya promised himself to give Sungyeol a chance and not scare him with his intimidating attitude. It wasn’t personal; Hoya would kick anyone, even Sunggyu, if it meant interrupting his and Dongwoo’s moment. They don’t always have the mornings for themselves and today was their lucky day; the café opens at 4 pm, and Hoya had the day off at work.

“Tea?”

“Thanks”, Sungyeol watched his brother sit in front of him, “Where is Dongwoo Hyung?”

“Laying on bed.”

“I-”

“”, yes, Hoya has no filter sometimes; he sipped from his tea calmly and added, “So, this better be important.”

“I’m sorry, Hyung, I will leave.”

“Sit down! Don’t tell me you’re offended.”

“I’m not, I just-”

“Sungyeol dear, this is who am I; I’m not going to change my true self for you or anyone, so don’t take it personally.”

“So, it’s not because of me?”

“No, go on, talk.”

“It’s about- we’ll-”

“Sunggyu told me”, Sungyeol didn’t dare to say a word, “He knew you’d come and ask for my help.”

“…”

“Lying to Myungsoo? Really bro, is that how you want your relationship to be? Based on lies.”

“Does Sunggyu Hyung hate me?”

“Ani, he actually told me to go easy on you. Did you do it because of me?” Sungyeol nodded, “Were you that desperate to be close to me?”

“Y-Yes.”

“Damn it”, Hoya surprised Sungyeol when he sat next to him and hugged him, “Are you stupid?”

 

Hoya waited for his brother to stop crying before they talked seriously about what happened; regardless of anything, Sungyeol shouldn’t have lied, especially to Myungsoo, who was nothing but supportive.

“What do I do now?”

“You know Myungsoo has all the right to be upset.”

“Hmm.”

“You can’t play with everyone’s feelings to get what you want; I get that our relationship wasn’t the best but did you have to ruin yours with Myungsoo for this?”

“I didn’t know he’d be this upset; I thought if I told him the truth, then he’d be happy.”

“Couldn’t you be like ‘I’m cured~~’ instead of shocking him with the truth!”

“I didn’t want to lie more.”

“So, what you’re going to do about it?”

“Other than asking for forgiveness, I don’t know what else I could do.”

“Myungsoo feels guilty because he went for a therapist to understand your situation while he didn’t even bother to make an effort for his brother.”

“…”

“You made things worse between the brothers to be on good terms with your brother.”

“Are they fighting?”

“Ani, Sunggyu loves his brother so much to let anything comes between them, but what if what happened ruined things between them? How will you live knowing you did that!”

“How do I make things right between us? I don’t want to lose Myungsoo; I love him so much.”

“Then work on gaining his trust again; he deserves this much at least.”

“You think he’ll ever forgive me, Hyung?”

“I don’t know”, Hoya patted his brother’s shoulder, “On the bright side, you got what you wanted, me” Hoya rose from the sofa and gave his brother a blanket, “Sleep here. I know you didn’t sleep last night.”

“Thanks.”

“Not that I have an option, look at your face!!”

“Hyung, why are you- so- I mean-”

“Mean? Blurt?”

“Hmm.”

“That’s who am I; you should’ve checked before doing the impossible to be close to me.”

“Hyung~~.”

“Myungsoo might not forgive you easily, but I trust you’d be able to win him again. I mean, you did it one time.”

“Thank you, Hyung.”

“Now I’m going to join my husband; please don’t knock on my door or call me.”

“What if it’s an emergency?”

“Deal with it by yourself; you’re a grown-up!!”

“I regret coming here at this hour”, Sungyeol got under the blanket, “Thank you, Hyung.”

“Yeah, yeah, whatever.”

 

Yadong room

Hoya slipped under the covers and laid his head on his husband’s chest like he usually does; Dongwoo’s hand caressed Hoya’s hair as he continued reading. And yes, Dongwoo was fully clothed, Hoya lied to his brother.

“How did it go with Sungyeol?”

“He lied to Myungsoo in the hope to get close to me.”

“Really?”

“Do I deserve this? Was I worth the trouble?”

“Honey~, of course, you are worth it.”

“If it weren’t for Sunggyu’s call, I would’ve kicked Sungyeol out for what he did.”

“But?”

“I’m glad I talked with Sunggyu; it felt good comforting my brother for the first time.”

“Sungyeol is a good guy; I’m glad you two are doing fine together.”

“One more thing.”

Dongwoo closed the book and placed it on the table next to the bed, “What is it?”

Hoya ed his husband’s shirt, and Dongwoo just let him do what he wants, “I lied to Sungyeol.”

Dongwoo smiled, amused by how quick his husband was done with his shirt and now is working on the pants. “I bet you did.”

“I told him you’re waiting for me in bed.”

“Oh, you did.”

Hoya straddled his husband’s lap, getting rid of the top, “Yeah, so how about you get for me?”

“Adorable”, Dongwoo flipped them over so that Hoya is underneath him, “I ing love you so much.”

 

 

 

Innisfree GREEN CAFE

 

“Hello, boss.”

Sungjong bowed, greeting his boss when he entered the café; Sunggyu was a little late because he had to deal with a grumpy teen for refusing to allow movie night the night before. After lots of arguments, Shi-ah agreed to come to the café with her dad after school, frowning, of course. 

“Hey, Sungjong. Thank you for opening the café for me today.”

“Aigo~, I’d be happy to do anything for you, boss. Oh, hello, Shi-ah.”

“Hi.”

Sungjong looked at Sunggyu, not understanding why was Shi-ah angry at him, “It’s not you Sungjong, she is upset because of me.”

“Aw, is that so.”

“I didn’t let her have her movie night.”

“Yah, Appa!! Stop telling everyone our business!!!!!

“Sungjong is not anyone.”

“Ugh!!!”

Sunggyu chuckled when she walked away, taking the window table far away from the counter where Sunggyu usually greets his customers.

“Is that okay?”

“Yeah, yeah”, Sunggyu puts on his barista apron, “How was your day, Sungjong?”

“Huh! G-Good, fine, I didn’t do anything. I slept.”

Suspicious, “Are you okay?”

“Why wouldn’t I be!”

Sungjong was about to walk away to avoid getting questioned more, “Hold it right there.”

“Y-Yes, boss?”

Sunggyu crossed his arms, “Talk!”

“About?”

“You were at Rain Hyung’s office today, right?”

“R-Rain Hyung, who?”

“!”

“I’m sorry, I didn’t know you’d come there!! He had the schedule off.”

“So, you-”

“Was in the bathroom, and yes, I’ve heard it all”, Sungjong bowed, “I’m sorry and congratulation boss.”

“You think bowing, and a sorry will make me forgive you!”

“Boss!!”

“Leave, Sungjong.”

“No!! please don’t fire me!!”

“What- I wasn’t going-”

“Woohyun Hyung was there too; I’ll tell you what he wanted, but please don’t fire me.”

Sunggyu had to keep holding a straight face for this, “Go on, tell me.”

“He came for advice too.”

“For? Faster Sungjong we don’t have all day.”

“For a kiss, he wanted to kiss you. Please, don’t tell him I told you that.”

Finally, Sunggyu cracked and chuckled, “Araso, go back to work.”

Sungjong blinked, “That’s it?”

“Hmm.”

“Wait a minute”, Sunggyu was still laughing, “You didn’t have the intention to fire me, did you?”

“Absolutely not; you’re my favourite Jjong.”

“So, I basically gave away someone’s privacy for nothing.”

“Aigo~, I’m dating that man, so technically it’s legal.”

“You’re so mean!! Just like Hoya Hyung!”

“My god, Sungjong, we’ve been friends like forever; of course, we’re the same!”

“Dongwoo Hyung is not like you two!”

“Dongwoo Hyung is a rare case, now back to work. I need a smoke.”

Sungjong bowed before he left, “Yes, boss.”

 

Woohyun entered the café to find Shi-ah sitting alone; they just opened it, so the café was empty, “Hey girl.”

Shi-ah looked at him briefly, then back to her phone, “Hi.”

Without being invited, Woohyun took the seat next to her, “Mind I join you?”

“No.”

“Can I ask if you’re okay?”

“I’m fine, thanks.”

“Then why do you look sad?”

“Because Appa tells everyone whenever we fight!”

“It’s because of the movie night, isn’t it?”

“Hmm.”

“We will have one this weekend, I promise.”

“What if you two wanted to spend time alone on the weekends like last night?”

Woohyun smiled, getting it; Shi-ah thought her father made her go to bed to spend time with him, “I left last night after you went to sleep.”

“You did!”

“Hmm, just helped him with the dishes. Your father didn’t want to get rid of you.”

“…”

“It’s okay if you want us to take it slow; I don’t mind.”

“Woohyun samchon!”

Woohyun threw an arm over her shoulder side hugging her, “I love your father, Shi-ah, and it would make me really happy if you approve us.”

“I hope you two all the happiest.”

“Does that mean you approve of us?”

Shi-ah kissed Woohyun’s cheek, “Yes, I like you. I would love it if you spend the night over; I’m sure dad would love it too.”

“Shi-ah!”

“Go find Appa; he is probably smoking.”

“So, are you good now?”

“Hmm, thanks for the talk.”

 

Back Area

Woohyun knocked on the door to get Sunggyu’s attention; Shi-ah was right Sunggyu was sitting on the staircase smoking, “Sometimes I wish I was a cigarette!!”

“Woohyun, you’re here.”

Woohyun joined Sunggyu on the staircase, “How are you?”

Sunggyu smiled, looking at Woohyun, “Good and you?”

Woohyun returned the smile, “Good.”

“Where were you this morning?”

Woohyun didn’t want to tell Sunggyu he went to see his therapist and ask for advice for a kiss, “Company, had to deal with somet

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter