Chapter 6

A Little More Complicated

 

Days after the “incident to which Sooyoung didn’t mind…

***

“Sica… Thanks for coming again today.” Sooyoung smiles as she turns to Jessica’s direction. “And I told you already that I am fit as a fiddle.”

“I know you’re okay. But still you have to get some rest.” Jessica smiles before she continues, “And of course, you know I miss you that’s why I came right?”

Sooyoung ignores Jessica’s almost sarcastic statement.

“Oh, And you don’t want to miss your own show… Right?”

“What show? Sooyoung is having a show?” a man in his mid-40’s sits in on of the chairs.

Sooyoung and Jessica share a glance at each other and covers their little ‘secret’.

“Ah… No… No…” both of them stammer. “Nothing really…”

***                        

Changmin gives a sharp turn on the runway before giving his final pose. Today will be his final show before Jessica’s.

Expectators take photos and critics write down on their notepads on the design he is wearing. Changmin smirks before walking back again from where he came from and completely disappearing from the view.

He stays in one corner as the minor models line up for the finale walk. He stands besides the designer who is about the same age as he is.

“Thank you for wearing my designs Changmin-sshi…” the small girl looks up to him.

“I’m honored, Lee Yeon Hee-sshi…” he smiles back.

The MC calls out the name of the designer and both walks out to the runway again. Changmin claps his hand as Yeon Hee smiles and waves for the camera.

***

“That was close.” Sooyoung sighs as both of her and Jessica enter her room.

“I better watch my tongue next time.” Sica sits on Sooyoung’s bed.

Sooyoung lies beside her. “Sica… Will I become a famous designer someday?”

Jessica lies down beside her this time. “If you mean designing dresses and clothing lines, yes. Yes. Definitely. But if you mean designing establishments, I don’t know.” Sica closes her eyes and turns to face Sooyoung.

“Of course Sooyoung will be a famous architect!” Sooyoung’s father, magically appears from the door. Both of the girls shriek.

“APPA!!!!”

“AHJUSSHI!!!!”

 

Mr. Choi giggles at the sight of the girls. “Don’t worry, if you were talking about something confidential, I didn’t hear a thing. Only the designer part. Okay?” Mr. Choi steps backward and slowly closes the door.

Sooyoung sits up straight and turns to Jessica. “Sica, can we stop talking about that inside my father’s house? It’s dangerous.”

Jessica nods to Sooyoung’s proposal.

***

“Good work Changmin…” Junsu pats Changmin’s shoulder after the show. Being the Finale of the show, Changmin is invited to the show’s After Party.

Changmin sits on a corner chair uninterested in the Party that’s happening.

Lee Yeon Hee sees him and nears him. “Why is my finale sitting in a deserted corner of my party?”

Changmin shrugs and stays silent. Yeon Hee sits besides him. “Too bad, Victoria-sshi couldn’t attend my show.”

“You know Victoria?”

“Of course. Why won’t I? ” Yeon Hee smiles. “I’m a fan of hers. I sent her an invitation to the show, but unfortunately she couldn’t make it. I think she’s in Paris now.”

“Lee Yeon Hee-sshi?” a man in a tuxedo comes to them. “I’m Jung Yunho from the E-Magazine. Congratulations on your show.”

Lee Yeon Hee takes Yunho’s extended hand and immediately disappears in the middle of the crowd. Changmin sighs and takes out his cell phone.

“How long are you planning to stay as my wallpaper?” Changmin mutters under his breath and sighs.

***

The Next Day…

***

“I’m on my way…” Sooyoung hurries down to their garage after she kisses her father goodbye. “Jessica needs my help on something, I’ll be back later.”

She jumps unto her bike and opens their gate. “Appa! Please don’t call me today! I’ll take care! Byeee!” Sooyoung shouts enthusiastically.

“Not call her? I’m just worried about her! How harsh can she get?” Mr. Choi complains as he enters their backdoor.

***

“Sica!” Sooyoung calls out in the busy dressing room.

She sees Jessica sobbing in a corner and weeping like a small kid. “Sooyoung… My mom…” she sniffs her tears and continues, “She’s not going to come today…”

“Why? Didn’t she already promise?” Sooyoung hugs Jessica.

“I saw this coming anyway… The show must still go on…” Jessica encourages herself.

Sooyoung stops and holds Jessica’s hand. “Sica, let me be your model…”

------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Readers, 

 

Thank you for supporting my fic! I've been saying this a couple of times and I'll say this again! Thank you so much!! Please enjoy another update from me! ^_^

Comments are loved. Subscriptions are very much welcomed :) Thank you again! Spread the ChangSoo Love!!!

 

Love, yuiko :*