Chapter 23

A Little More Complicated

 

“Max! Where are you going?”

“I’m leaving for Paris…”

“Why? Why so sudden?...”

“Goodbye Sooyoung…”

“MAX!”

Sooyoung wakes up with rattled eyes and small drops of sweat falling down from her forehead. A blanket lies on top of her and the once-occupied sofa is now empty.

“Shim?” She calls out. She stands up and sniffs the air around her. Her nose leads her to the kitchen where she sees a slim figure moving around. She hides behind the wall that separates the kitchen and the living room.

The shining rays of the sun illuminating Shim Changmin’s side view profile leaves the silent Sooyoung in awe. “Whoa~” she gasps as she places a finger to her lips. Changmin’s sleeping face yesterday and this are very alike. While the Shim Changmin she knew was somehow different.

Sooyoung narrows her eyes as she continues to watch. Changmin’s calm expression while doing the dish somehow warms Sooyoung. She notices Changmin’s relaxed eyebrows and observes every little detail down to his nose. His long nose is nowhere compared to hers. While his nose is long and pointy, her’s is kind of small and cute. Changmin’s lips who caught her attention yesterday shows pink and red colors.

“Am I that nice of a view?” Sooyoung steps back, surprised. She pouts immediately.

“I didn’t know a hopeless idiot like you can cook.” She says while trying to hide her flustered expression. Changmin just smirks in response and invites her to sit down.

“This is all I could see in your kitchen.” Changmin pulls a chair for Sooyoung to sit on. The latter’s eyes gleam in excitement upon seeing the food in front of her. “I hope you like it.”

“Are you kidding me?” Sooyoung clasps her hands together. “I don’t like it! I love it!” She looks at Changmin and smiles like a kid. “I love all-American breakfast!”

***

Wow! He even made me a breakfast! Aaahw~ how sweet of him! Well, I did work hard yesterday to get the fever out of his system. This must be an offering of gratitude! Keke~ This isn’t so bad after all… Haha! I misjudged him! Well, time to eat!!!

***

Sooyoung munches the juicy sausage and dreams in heaven as she chews the meat. She doesn’t notice the pair of eyes enjoying the view of her. “Yah… Why are you staring?”

Changmin nods and stays silent, annoying Sooyoung. “Yah…”

A grin escapes the lips of Changmin as he continues to stare the hungry Sooyoung. “You’re very cute when you eat…” the latter doesn’t miss to notice the serious tone in Changmin’s voice as he compliments her.

“Shut up…”

Changmin grins even more. He rests his chin on his hand and stays quiet.

“Stop staring Shim…”Changmin doesn’t listen to Sooyoung continues to… well, stare.

***

What’s wrong with him? He’s acting differently… I mean, yesterday was an exception since he was sick but… Don’t tell me! He’s still sick today? Oh no! What do I do?! But wait; can a sick man cook a meal this huge? Is he okay?

He’s usually a blabber mouth… But now… He seems quiet. Which is weird and this is clearly freaking me out?!

STOOOOOOOOOOOOOP THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISS!!!!!! >_<

***

***

Changmin giggles at the struggling Sooyoung. “Kekekekekekeke~ So you don’t like being stared huh?” Changmin laughs at the latter.

“Now you’re back to your old self…” Sooyoung mutters under her breathe. Changmin stops in confusion and listens to what she has to say. “Well, you’ve been acting weird since yesterday. I thought it was because you were sick but then earlier you were still the same so I thought something was wrong with you.”

“Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah~ that was probably because of my fever.” Changmin smiles reassuringly to Sooyoung.

“Good then…”

Sooyoung munches on while feeling a slightly awkward atmosphere. Changmin shrugs nonetheless.

Breaking the silence, Changmin decides to bring up an item he saw in the house earlier. “Ah yes… Can I ask?”

“Yeah sure…” she munches through her gritted teeth.

“How are you and Jessica related?”

The question pierces through Sooyoung’s ears. “We’re friends of course! Best friends.”

Changmin nods at the answer. “Well, I saw this picture of you and her when you were little. I assumed that it was you and her since Choi Han Kyul and Jung Yoon Hee were in the picture as well. Isn’t Choi Han Kyul your father?”

Sooyoung moves in a more comfortable position. She doesn’t know what to say. Finally she decides to go on the aggressive response. “Yah… Who told you that you can just go over through the things in my house?!” She pouts.

“Sorry! It’s just that you and Jessica were so cute in the picture!” Changmin scratches his head. He giggles and then looks sideways.

Sooyoung takes another bite of her sausage and chews it observing the current state she’s in. “Well… actually…” Sooyoung says after drinking water. She rests her head on her hand and leans a little on the table. “Sica and I, we really don’t know yet, but we ought to know. I want to know from my father and she wants to know from her mother.”

“What if you two are sisters?”

Sooyoung coughs at the question. She pats her head and shakes her head before answering. “Could be… But I don’t know. We don’t think so.”

“Doesn’t it bother you?” Changmin sits back on his seat.

“A little.” She fidgets with her fork. “Yes, it does. But really, the thing that bothers me the most is that appa didn’t tell me from the start.”

The tall guy stares at Sooyoung as if he’s embracing her; comforting her. “You’ll know the truth soon.”

“I’m not rushing though… I think the right time will come for me to know the truth. Thanks anyways.”

Silence covers the both of them again. Neither looks at the opposite face in front of them.

“So do you think were closer now?” Changmin smiles as he asks the sudden question.

The inside of Sooyoung though she tries her best to ignore doesn’t stop from doing some back-flips. To Sooyoung, it’s the first time she saw a very genuine smile from Changmin; a real, genuine smile.

“Uh- yeah…” she replies shortly.

***

When will this rain ever stop?! Why are you doing this to me Rain! Why?!!!

***

“I’m going to my room first. Can you take care of the dishes?” Sooyoung sternly commands Changmin.

 

***

“Shim Changmin.” Sooyoung calls out Changmin for one last time as he walks through the porch to the gates. Minutes after Sooyoung took her shower upstairs, the rain deliberately went away. She instantly urged him to go out of her precious house.

“Yes?” Changmin turns back cutting the happy tune he was humming.

“Do you really, do you really love me that much?”

Changmin jolts in her question. “What’s this? Don’t tell me you’ve fallen for me already? I haven’t used all my powers yet!”

“Shut up and answer the question.”

“Well - - Yeah…” Changmin shyly answers.

“Three days… Don’t talk to me for three days. Don’t look at me. Don’t come near me. Pretend that I’m a total stranger. If you could do that, I’ll go out on a date with you…”

“You’re kidding me right?” Changmin exasperatedly shouts at her.

“Fine then… One week.”

Changmin shakes his arms in the air. “No, no! Three days is fine! Let’s stick to that…”

“Okay then. Today and tomorrow doesn’t count so the challenge will start on Monday. I’ll be expecting zero interaction with you until Wednesday. Understand?”

Changmin furrows his eyebrows and pouts his lips. “Yeah~” he then turns around head down and lips going on his complaints.

He continues on without considering that Sooyoung might still hear him.

“Is this a punishment? I didn’t do anything to her last night, why in the world would she punish me? This is too much, really… This is too much.”

As she turns her heels back from Changmin, Sooyoung gives out a very deep sigh.

“He won’t last for three days right?” she mutters under her breath. “Please don’t let him last that long or else… I’ll lose…”

Sooyoung turns around. “Yeah, there’s no way he’ll last that long… I won’t lose to him.”

***

***

Changmin walks down the street merrily smiling to himself for the cutest thing that has ever happened to him. “Maybe I do really love her that much… I mean, I don’t usually do this much of an effort just for a girl…” he mutters. “Or maybe, she’s not just a girl—

“Max?”

A very familiar voice calls out Changmin. The latter turns around and sees another tall guy. “HanGeng-sshi…”  

“Where are you headed to? I’m on my way to Sooyoung’s place. Wanna come?” HanGeng swings his arm around Changmin’s shoulder and leads the way.

“Uh—erm… I really have something else to do…So…”

“Oh come on… We’re friends now right? And I heard you and Sooyoung are classmates… Come on…”

“Uh—Wai—Uhm…” 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

Dear readers,

Hello! Again! How are you guys?? Hehehe... Enjoy my second update for the day!!! :) !

by the way SM TOWN is amazing!!!! Sooyoung so pretty! I so envy Simon curtis!!! =.="

Love, yuiko :*