Chapter 22

A Little More Complicated

 

“I swear that if you… If you make me feel uneasy like this again… I’ll…”

“Thanks.” Changmin manages to say in his sleep.

Sooyoung stands up and whacks Changmin’s head slightly. “Idiot.”

Sooyoung leaves Changmin half-smiling in his dreams of who knows what. She proceeds to the kitchen and begins to prepare her hot stew. Few minutes later, her pot is boiling already. She stands up from a chair she sat unto while waiting. She grabs the pot without using a towel. Upon realizing she drops the cover and bites her fingers to try to cool it off. “What’s wrong with me today?”

Shaking her head, she gets the cover and this time with a towel. She transferred some of the stew to a bowl and placed in on a tray to cool off. She peeks at the sleeping giant before deciding to let it cool off some more.

Lips on a straight line, Sooyoung concludes to herself that she’s feeling a little different. She tiptoes her way to Changmin and bends down to see his calm face. She removes the wet towel from his forehead and dips it in the water again. Before placing it back on his reddish features Sooyoung stops herself and stare.

***

His eyes… His nose… He’s so calm. Very different from the Changmin who stalks me around and shouts whenever he pleases. *giggle* His lips are plump… Hmm… I never really noticed it. But he has cute lips.

Is he going to wake up if I touch it? Agh! I’d rather not.

Tsch. I don’t know why this good-looking guy likes me. I don’t know why I don’t see anything good in him… Well, besides the face of course. But still…

He’s annoying, stubborn, over confident and arrogant. Nothing’s really special about him right? Yeah… But…

I’ve seen his heart. And he’s not the same person that I see every day.

Agh! I don’t know anymore Shim! Don’t confuse me like this! I hate it! You’re making my head explode! What—Who are you anyway?! Agh!

Idiot.

Yeah… You’re a hopeless idiot. But if you don’t stop what you’re doing…

No. It’s not over yet… I won’t lose to you…  No way… Not a chance…

***

“Can I really trust you? Will you be a good guy? If I did let myself trip over you, will you be a good guy?” Sooyoung mutters under her breath as she slowly pace down the way to the kitchen. “Idiot.”

Sooyoung comes back with the hot stew she prepared. She wakes Changmin up and he deliberately sits up straight. “You… really… didn’t… have… to…” he utters.

“Shut up and eat Shim…” Sooyoung places a spoonful in front of his mouth and he eats it. She does this over and over again until Changmin eventually ate all of it.

The clock reminds Sooyoung that the day is almost and she places the bowl on the sink. She decides not to leave Changmin and stay by his side. For now.

With another dip in the water, Choi Sooyoung places the towel on Changmin’s forehead. She observes Changmin with glaring eyes and furrowed eyebrows.

“Don’t stare or I’ll melt.”

Sooyoung steps back in surprise. She couldn’t believe the guy. “Yah…”she drops her shoulder and giggles. “You idiot.”

Changmin turns to her side and stares at her. “You sure call me an idiot a lot lately.”

Sooyoung shrugs and leans on the table facing Max. “I’d rather call you an idiot than a maniac… What were you planning to do standing outside my house under the pouring rain?!”

“I think you know why…”

“Then why?” She pauses and raises her voice. “Why did you want to help me?” Sooyoung lowers her voice. “I wasn’t even sick and yet you were out there…”

“Because I felt like it…” Changmin answers simply. “And I thought you were mad at me for taking your pictures.” Changmin whispers to himself.

“I was but it’s been days. Why would I not forget about it? I’m not the type of girl who hates people.”

“So you like me then?”

Sooyoung stares at Changmin. “Not yet. But I guess I can trust you a little.”

“A little?” Changmin complains and to this Sooyoung nods.

“Get some rest… It’s late…” Sooyoung stands up from her position and sits on the nearest couch beside Changmin. “I’ll stay here if you need anything…”

“What if I take advantage of the situation?” Changmin sits up straight and looks at Sooyoung.

“Like I said, I trust you.”

“You trust me a little.” Changmin is playing her.

“Fine. Then I’ll have to trust you completely… and besides you are sick. You can’t even put on your own shirt.”

“I am feeling a little better since you aided me.” Changmin rubs his neck and stares at Sooyoung teasingly.

“Shut up Max…”

***

***

What is she thinking sleeping next to a guy so comfortably?...

She ain’t normal all right… Tsch…

I’m still a guy you know. I can *cough* do anything to her while she’s asleep. What in the world is she thinking…

***

Changmin lies down facing the ceiling with one arm over his head. “I feel a lot better.” He mutters to himself. He peeks at the sleeping beauty one more time before turning to the opposite direction and close his eyes.

***

The rain continues to pour as Changmin prepares breakfast. He woke up an hour ago and decided to cook for the princess who took care of him the other day.

He looks through the cabinets over head and finds some eggs. Analyzing that eggs won’t be enough for his food-loving princess, he decides to check out the refrigerator. He finds some sausage. Standing up, the tall guy decides to give Sooyoung an all-American breakfast.

He smiles as his hands go to work while he remembers the blurry scenes the other day. He swears that he could have answered her question perfectly.

“Do you really love me that much?” He smiles even more imagining what her expression might be if he had said, “Yes.”

Changmin checks the sleeping figure in the living room and pauses for a moment. His facial expression turns bright to serious for a moment. “I guess that it’s time to get serious then…” he mutters before getting back to his preparation.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------

Author's note:

Hello hello! I have finally concluded to update two chapters every week or so... is that okay with you guys?? 

Anyways, enjoy :)

Love, yuiko :*