Chapter 2

A Little More Complicated

 

So as I said earlier, I am an Architecture student. I am already 22 and I don’t understand why my father wouldn’t trust any of my decisions. Be it in my college preferences or my choice of friends or choice of music, or choice of everything. I get that he’s just worried because I’m like, his only princess and sooner or later I’ll meet my prince charming… but, it’s just… Ugh…

Anyways, I live with my dad… Obviously…

***

“And here we go again…” Jessica rolls her eyes again and grins at her hopeless friend.

Sooyoung opens her ringing phone and talks to her father. “Yes… Appa… I just finished reading my homework. I still have a lot to do so… Yes…Yes… Yes, Appa… Okay, I will. I will…”

Jessica sighs and walks toward her taller friend. “Yah… Ever heard of being a puppet?”

Sooyoung shrugs her shoulders and ignores her friend’s comment. She walks ahead of Jessica and proceeds to the green soccer field – her favorite place in the whole premises.

“Yah! Wait for me! Yah!” Jessica shrieks.

***

***

That moron… Good thing my precious DSLR is safe. I wonder who that guy was. He seemed really famous. Considering that some girls stared at the both of us at the same time when they were suppose to be staring and paying their attention to me and only me. The Famous Model. Not some jerk who crashes people with their utterly expensive-looking luxury cars.

***

“Yah! Wait for me! Yah!!!!” Changmin turns his head at the sound which to him seemed to be a dolphin. What the heck?

Two good-looking girls approach the bleachers of the field and the tan and taller one sits comfortably at the bottom of the long array of wood. She opens a big sketchbook and despite the heat coming from the screaming sun, she starts to draw. The blonde-haired girl stands in front of the other and gives a sigh.

Changmin really don’t like the idea of eavesdropping, but he wants his mind to fly away from the so-called moron and his precious camera. He moves closer to the ladies and observes them intently.

“Aah… Max? Max Changmin?” Changmin turns his head from the speaker which happened to be the blonde-haired girl. He gives off a confusing look as the latter approaches him half-dragging the taller girl. “You don’t remember me don’t you?” she smiles.

“Err…”

***

***

 Okay. One problem about Jessica, is that, she’s confident. Confident in a way that she claims to be a friend of someone’s who doesn’t even remember her. Basically, at times like this.

***

“Annyeong~” Sooyoung greets him rather shyly. “Are you Sica’s friend?”

The tall and handsome guy shakes his head to which Jessica follows with a low growl.

“Yah… Shim Changmin… Why don’t you remember me?” Jessica pouts.

Changmin smirks as if thinking that this is all some stupid joke. “I’m sorry but if you’re planning to trick me with those stuff, it won’t work. See, I’m really famous and I wouldn’t believe if there’s anyone in Korea who doesn’t know me.”

“What?” Both ladies answer in chorus.

“Well don’t you have some amazing confidence…” Sooyoung comments under her breath.

“Do you want a photograph?” The tall “famous” guy asks.

“You really don’t remember me? I’m Jessica! Jessica Jung! I designed one of your suits in a photo shoot last month!”

Changmin stares somewhere.

“Ah! Right! The blonde-designer! Ms. Jessica… Hello.” Changmin shakes her hand apologetically. He smiles shyly glancing at the lady beside his friend.

“Ah, this is Sooyoung. She’s a friend. We’re very close.” Jessica smiles distantly.

“Hi…” Sooyoung doesn’t even give off a slight aura of friendliness. She stands as if she isn’t there while the other two talk for a few minutes, exchanging hugs and slight greetings.

Sooyoung steps aside and sits at her original spot and continues to draw.

Jessica continues to talk but Changmin couldn’t resist noticing that she isn’t really enjoying his company. He gives off a smile before concluding their conversation. “Ms. Jessica… I will be leaving first, I have an important signing today…” Changmin stares at his watch. “So I’ll meet you sometimes? You have my number right?”

Jessica nods. “Yes. I’ll meet you then.”

As she hears the biddings of her friend to the “famous” guy, she turns around to give a silent wave.

***

Man, I thought he’ll never leave. Jessica acts a little strange to him as well. She doesn’t really come up to a guy. When it’s usual, it’s the guys that would say hi. Not her. Hey, hey, hey… What’s this? Tsch…

***

***

Nice move Mr. Famous. You just humiliated yourself in the next ten years of your social life. She didn’t even look at you besides that ‘hi’ and that goodbye! Wow, your oh, so perfect, aren’t you? Yeah right!

Oh, speaking of, she’s the one earlier at the canteen isn’t she? Yeah! That’s why she seemed to be familiar. And Jessica as well, I can’t believe I could forget such a face. I admit though, that I have a little memory and it isn’t that good.

But oh come on Max! What were you doing back there? “I’m really famous?” Oh you’re so famous alright. You’re so damn famous that she doesn’t even know you.

***

Changmin continues to curse himself as he stared at the screen of the camera. He turns his head just to see her for the last time. Sooyoung…

Her face is the first one to make his heart flutter again. For a very long time, he missed that feeling.

Changmin continues to walk when he sees a familiar car.

A white Porsche settles itself in front of the pavement. A familiar car.

***

Well, well… just because I am now a Hallyu Star that doesn’t mean I couldn’t do what I used to do right? This will be fun.

***

***

“Sooyoung, Jessica… thought I’d find you here…” Han Geng stands in front of the ladies. “Sooyoung… Ahjusshi wants you to go home –“

“As much as possible…” Both of the ladies finish the sentence for him lazily.

“I know. He kept on calling me for like every 5 minutes.” Sooyoung huffs her bangs out of the way. She rocks on the still wood bleacher.

“You want a ride later then?” Han Geng offers.

“Sure…”

“What about you Jessica?”

“Okay…”

“Wait… I’m hungry…” Sooyoung grabs both Han Geng’s and Jessica’s t-shirt.

-------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

Dear Reader,

I really hop that you're having fun reading my chapters. I hope and I wish that you will love this fanfic. I sincerely placed my heart in writing this fanfic. Please support it! Also thank you to sassiiyoung for reminding me about the tags. Thanks to her/him for being the first subscriber of this fic! Because of that, I send you my kisses! :* :* :* ^^

Once again, Please enjoy my Chapter update. Do comment, subscribe, read and enjoy! :'3

Love, yuiko :*

P.S. Comments, Suggestions, Clarrifications or Violent Reactions are loved. ^^