Chapter 1

A Little More Complicated

On a bright and sunny morning, the birds tweet harmonious melodies and the breeze sings of beautiful day…

“Appa… Sorry…” Choi Sooyoung sits in front of her father. Her father just found out about her taking lessons from Sooyoung’s friend, Jessica. “Appa…” Sooyoung called out cutely.

“Don’t you dare change your mind about Architecture young lady or else! I will surely send you abroad!” Her father stands in front of her carrying a big paper fan. He creases his eyebrows together and walks back and forth in front of his daughter.

“Appa… You know how much I love you… and if changing courses would prove you otherwise then hell no! I would never change it in my life!” she follows her act with her puppy dog-eye aegyo.

***

Hi. My name is Choi Sooyoung. I go by the saying, do the things that you love the most. The only thing is, I can’t do the thing I love the most. Because my father wouldn’t allow me, because I love him so much, it’s because of that.

***

“Yes, Appa… Yes… I’m currently having a meeting with my professor right now. I’ll be delayed in arriving home.  Yes, Appa… I will. I will… Yeeees. Okay. Bye” Sooyoung closes her phone as her friend and secret teacher, Jessica giggles in her unprintable face.

Sooyoung and Jessica have been friends ever since high school. Despite their one year gap, they still manage to be best of friends who share each other’s secrets and feelings. Eventually, they had to part ways, although their courses didn’t have any effects on their relationships. Sooyoung had to take up Architecture and Jessica proceeded on Fashion Designing.

“Yah… Tell Ahjusshi to give you one year vacation and you live with me. “ Jessica giggles as she stirs the plastic straw of her shake. “Hence, we can continue the lessons without any distractions.”

“No way… I can’t do that…” Sooyoung shrugs.

“Of course…” Jessica repeats Sooyoung’s answer in her mind. She rolls her eyes as she continues sipping her shake.

***

This is Jessica. My Ice Princess. Hey. Don’t misunderstand the ‘my’ there okay? It’s just an address I use to Jessica. She uses the same with me as well. Honest. Anyways, she’s my so-called secret teacher. She teaches me Fashion Designing. Oh, yeah, Designing has always been my dream. You know that right? She can’t do anything to make my father change his mind. Although he’s my father’s favorite among all of my friends. Sigh.

***

“So I’ll be busy for some paper works and honestly I don’t think I can meet up with you until February 3rd. Sorry about that…” Jessica whispers to Sooyoung emotionlessly inside the library.

Sooyoung grunts but surrenders almost immediately. “I guess I’ll be stuck with rulers and drafting for a few weeks then.” She follows her comment with a sigh.

“Oh, yeah… There will be a Fashion Show next week; I was planning on showing the managers your designs.” Jessica stands up and returns the book she got which she didn’t even read.

“Really?” replies Sooyoung who is unconsciously making weird and undistinguishable noises. “Wait, Sica… Is that safe? What if my father suddenly appears from nowhere during the show?”

“Don’t worry… It will be fine…” Jessica answers with full confidence.

***

This is what I like the most about Jessica. She is so trustworthy. You can just entrust your life to her! I mean, I did. She may be ruthless and demonic outside but she’d just… Ugh! When I first met her during a school festival, she was cheering her little sister up. She kept on smiling in order for her little sis to smile as well. She was so cute back then! Well, not that she isn’t cute now though… I’m just saying! Keke ^^

***

***

The golden ray of the sun shines through the leaves of the Oak tree where Changmin lays under. The weather is perfect for picture taking and he can’t wait! But, a little nap may brighten his mood a little bit so; he’ll just take one right now.

“Aah… Girls are just so predictable.” He mutters as he hears some girl voices coming from all side of the tree.  

“I’ll sign your autographs later okay? I want to sleep for a moment now.” He finally his eyes close.

***

Of course. Why would they stop? They wouldn’t even let the worst model sleep, let a lone me? A handsome and famous model? That’s ridiculous. Oh… you were listening? Haha, My name is Changmin. Call me Max… But we’re in Korea so let’s stick with my Korean name. If you don’t know me, I am the most famous Korean model at present. It’s not that I’m bragging but its just a small fact I want all of you to know.

Anyways, being handsome and famous and hot . You can’t sleep!

***

Changmin stands up from his spot and then gets his camera ready. He snaps the shutter at random angles and stops his camera at the entrance of the university cafeteria. He places the camera back on his eyes and clicks the shutter twice before reviewing his masterpiece. He walks toward the soccer field looking at the camera screen. He ignores the fidgeting girls that are following him and focuses his attention on the small screen.

And because of his full attention on the cam…

CRASH!

“I’m sorry!” a voice calls out from the front seat of the car. When Changmin didn’t answer, he finally comes out from the car, earning more shrieks from fan girls watching.

“Omo! Look! Look! Han Geng and Max! They are so handsome!”

“Kyaa!~ I can’t believe this is happening right now!”

Both of the men ignore their comments and the one from the car helps Changmin up.  Changmin doesn’t say anything after the small incident and places a pitiful look on his face. “My… my camera… My beautiful camera…”

“I’m really sorry about your camera…” the guy continues on bowing reluctantly in front of the pouting Changmin.

***

You should really thank my mom for raising me very well! If I was a street boy with this kind of precious thing I’ll kill you!!! Ahw… Good thing nothing is damaged. Thank goodness. Now, hey, don’t think I’ll just let you get away with what you did right? Let’s see… Plate number 5202 – KDZM. Just you wait you moron…

***

“No really, it’s fine. My baby’s fine…” Changmin then turns his heel and walks away, smirking.

---------------------------

Author's Note:

Dear Readers, 

How is the first chapter? Gwenchana?? HEHE... Hope you had fun reading this! And hope you will love this story as much as my previous :) Comments are loved <3

Love, yuiko :*

P.S. The title of this fic may still change :> hehehe God bless