Chapter 25

A Little More Complicated

 

After gathering his strength to show up even though he can’t come near his beloved Sooyoung, Changmin tries to paint a happy face. “Man, why did it even end up like this?” he mumbles as he arrives at the park entrance.

He still doesn’t know the meeting place, yet eager to begin the day so he pulls out his phone and dials – surprisingly – Jessica’s number. They had exchanged their numbers before Jessica had gone to Japan.

 The ring on the other line continues as he taps his shoe. He’s an impatient man. And besides that, he wants to see her already. Ignoring the fact that he can’t even say hi to Sooyoung, he continues to wait for someone to pick up.

“Hello?” Jessica’s voice finally comes out from the speaker. “Max, where are you?”

“I’m at the entrance. Where are you?” he asks back.

Changmin hears Jessica mumbling and saying stuff to some people through the phone. “We’re at the hotdog stand by the parking lot.”

What the heck?! What in the world are they doing beside the freaking parking lot! I’m at the entrance darn it! Changmin curses silently.

He nods and proceeds to the said place. He lowers his cap to hide his face and walks silently avoiding anyone in the eyes. He really doesn’t know  the people who might show up today. He is of course, a very – according to him – famous man.

The model finds himself in a hotdog stand just a few meters away from the parking lot. He instantly sees the blonde girl but couldn’t find his objective. He comes closer to Jessica who is busy texting with someone on her phone.

“Jessica-sshi…”

The blonde turns around with a perplexed expression and pulls Changmin to a seat beside her. “Why did you accept the stupid challenge?” Jessica groans.

“Uh…Huh?” Changmin is definitely clueless. He is obviously not in the same page as her. Or she was either.

“The challenge! You idiot! I myself don’t know if you can do that challenge!” Jessica shudders.

“OH! The challenge!” Changmin claps his hands upon realization. “Yeah. That. Don’t worry. I’ll definitely win the challenge.” He pats Jessica’s shoulders and then looks around. “But… Jessica-sshi… Where is she?”

“I told her and HanGeng-oppa to go ahead.” Jessica says bluntly.

“Why?”He asks back curios.

Jessica sits back and relaxes her shoulder before heaving a defeated sigh. She buries her face in her palms and mutters. “I’m really not sure if you can win this bet. And… I’ll let out a secret…” she pulls her face from her palms.

The man eagerly leans on to hear what she has to say. “I think… I think…” Jessica trails off clearing . “This is my opinion okay?” she holds both of her hands up and stops. When Changmin nods, she continues, “I think she likes you.”

“Of course she does! Everybody likes me!” he stands up proudly. “I’m the famous model! Max Changmin!”

As a reflex move, Jessica pulls him by his hand. “Oh really? You’re that famous? You want everyone in here to want to take your picture?”

“Yeah. I knew that.”

“So let’s plan this well okay?” Jessica suggests.

Changmin raises an eyebrow in surprise. “You want to help me with Sooyoung?”

“You want to do it alone?”

***

***

“Oh my gosh! Finally!” Sooyoung slaps her face in both dismay and relief for seeing the two faces she has been waiting for almost one hour. She organizes the pack bag hanging behind her yellow jacket and smiles to both of the in-coming companies.

“Sica!” she waves her hand excitedly. Although still feeling a little awkward she gathers up her strength and musters a smile towards the man following Jessica. “Hi Max!”

To her surprise, he doesn’t look up nor bat an eye to her. Sooyoung smirks at Changmin and hugs Jessica. “Where in the world were you? We were almost dying out here!”

Jessica lets out a laugh. “Sorry Sooyoungie~ I’ll make it up to you, I promise!” the blonde looks around to see that the person who had invited them is nowhere to be found. “Where’s oppa?”

“Here!” a lean guy calls out to them. HanGeng smiles to all of them before hiding his phone in his pocket. “Sorry, got a call from someone.”

Jessica smiles at HanGeng and to this the latter nods.

“Okay then! Let’s go!” HanGeng announces enthusiastically raising an arm towards the entrance.

After going through the entrance HanGeng looks down to Sooyoung while pointing at a ride. “Wanna ride the Viking?”

Sooyoung nods as she grabs Jessica’s hand. “Sica! Let’s go!”

“Wait up, wait up!” HanGeng waves his hand in the air. “Today, I am Sooyoung’s date so I’ll sit with her in the Viking.” He gives out a smile to Jessica. “Jessica, you’re with Max.”

Sooyoung blinks in surprise but nods, nonetheless.

Jessica pouts as Changmin walks to her side. “So Jessica-sshi likes HanGeng-sshi?”

The girl declares protest immediately. “No way! No… No… Why would I?” she then smiles as she stares at Sooyoung and Changmin who are comfortably laughing in front of them.

“Sica!” Sooyoung turns around with a blissful smile. “Let’s go?”

Jessica does like HanGeng. She also knows how her oppa felt towards Sooyoung. But she never disliked Sooyoung because of that. She nods and grabs Changmin’s arm. “Yeah!”

“Let’s go to the Viking first!” Jessica suggests with a smile.

***

I’m impressed with the idiot. He managed to ignore my radiating beauty. Tss. But still. It’s just the beginning. I’ll get him somehow.

I have been thinking a plan to abominate his never ending affection over night and I just know that it will succeed! It just had to!

SOOYOUNG’S PLAN TO PROVOKE SHIM CHANGMIN

Plan A! Greet him with a very cunning smile. Say hi to him and smile a lot to him.

Well, that didn’t work out much did it?

Plan B! In the horror house, (I just know HanGeng-oppa would insist in going) pretend to be scared and “accidentally” hugs Changmin instead of oppa.

Plan C! Try to be alone with him and talk to him as much as you can!

I have got to make my plan work! I just have to! If I don’t, I’ll really regret ever being born with this pretty face!

Please! Just let this work out for me! Even just for today!

-----------------------------

Author's Note:

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! I updated!!!!! Kekeke.... I will try to update many chapters while I can.... :)

Anyways! I updated!!!!! Ohmygosh!!!!!

Sorry for my suddent hiatus! but anyways! I AM BACK!!! XD