Chapter 17

A Little More Complicated

 

“Oppa…”

“I’m not telling anyone Soo…”

Sooyoung stares at HanGeng blankly. She couldn’t feel . Her eyes swell in happiness and she wipes them off. She smiles all of a sudden realizing how grateful she is to the person in front of her.

“Oppa… Why the sudden change?” Sooyoung asks HanGeng who is sitting across her in the opposite bench amidst the school garden.

HanGeng looks up to the sky thinking of a reason. “Well, I realized two things. One is that you really like modeling.” He looks at her with amusing eyes. “And I thought that you’re very suitable for a model. I mean, you have a different face from most models since your cheeks are too chubby but your height definitely qualifies you as a model…”

“Eh?”

“Yeah… Models are at least 5’ 7” tall…”

***

***

“What’s with the sudden call Max?” Jessica Jung’s voice resounds from Changmin’s receiver.

“Jessica-sshi… I think I might have a chance!” Changmin replies excitedly.

“What game is this? If you might not know I am a little occupied right now.” Jessica raises her voice.

“Sooyoung… Oh, wait, Sooyoung-sshi… I think I still have a chance with her!”

Jessica’s laugh echoes through the receiver. “Call me crazy Max but I don’t think that that is even close to possible.”

“What is this? You don’t know how good-looking I am right?”

“Stupid guy… Sooyoung doesn’t like guys with such attitudes as yours! Anyways I’m busy right now so I will contact Sooyoung later. And I’ll contact you as well.” Jessica pauses. “Don’t do anything stupid to Sooyoung or else I’ll cut your freakin head off.”

“Yeah~” Changmin nods enthusiastically and hangs up his call feeling a little happier. Good thing he was a little close with Jessica. As Changmin strolls along the campus grounds he receives another call.

“Hello?”

“Maxie boy!”

“Who is this?”

“Woah. Forgetting a friend just like that? It’s Minho. Choi Minho!”

***

***

“Oppa. I think you got it a little bit wrong.” HanGeng looks at Sooyoung. “It’s not modeling that I like. I don’t like modeling at all. It’s designing the clothes that I like… no… it’s designing the clothes that I love…” Sooyoung smiles shamefully.

HanGeng doesn’t respond for a long while.

“So is that it?” He asks and Sooyoung nods in return. He stands up from his bench and starts to walk away. Before he could reach the intersection road he turns back to Sooyoung and shouts to her, “Sooyoung! I won’t tell anyone! Whether it’s modeling or designing that you like! I won’t tell!”

Sooyoung stares blankly into the blue sky and immediately imagines rainbow- colored ponies flying around her cloud-filled head. She claps her hands together and watches HanGeng walk away.

“Oppa! You are the best! Thank you!” She replies HanGeng in complete English and in a cute intonation as well.

 

“Oppa is just the best…” Sooyoung walks back to the cafeteria where – she remembered – she left Shim Changmin. She opens the door and looks over to their table earlier. “Aish… Where did he run off to?” she hisses and pouts her lips while stepping back and closing the door.

She opens her phone and makes a call. “Kwon Yuri I’m going to your place today since I don’t have classes with Sica.” She announces happily. 

“Sorry Sooyoungie, appa’s former team mates are here and I can’t leave Appa alone. He won’t let me. Sorry.

Sooyoung nods. “No, it’s really fine Yuri-ah; I’ll just go home early today. I’m hanging up!” she closes her phone and walks directly away to nowhere.  Before she knew it another call came in.

“Appa!”

“Yeah, it seems like I have no activities this afternoon since my teacher is in Japan right now and Yuri is a little busy. So I guess I’ll just come home early today.”

“Ah, really? Minho came back today? I understand. Yeah… I’m coming right now. Bye!” 

---------------------------------

Author's note:

Dear readers,

How are you guuuuuuuuuuuuuuys?!!! I missed you so much!!! I am so sorry for not updating for the past month or so... but I've been really busy with stuff right now. And I'll be teaching at a summer school in the next few days so I guess I'll be unable to update again... Gosh... I really feel like I'm disappointing you guys so much.... I hope you'll forgive me T_T

Anyways, please enjoy this chapter! and don't forget top comment!!!

Love, yuiko :*