Operation: Chaennie

Give Love a Second Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Alright, Chaeng, ready to woo the woman of your dreams?" Lisa said as she entered the Korean's room, holding a bunch of papers.

 

"Uhm, Lis... what's all that?"

 

"Ideas, chipmunk! It's time for operation: Chaennie!"

 

Chaeyoung could only furrow her eyebrows in confusion. "Are you really okay with this? I mean... I know you have a girlfriend but... Jennie was your first love."

 

Lisa could only give a small smile. "Yeah, but maybe... she wasn't. I'be never felt anything like how I feel for Miyeon, even when I was in love with Jennie. Maybe I was just in love with the idea of loving her... if that makes sense?"

 

Chaeyoung blinked. "It does. But anyways, what ideas do you have?"

 

"Well, since you know how to play guitar and your voice is literally like honey when you sing, I thought you could serenade her! Maybe in like a rented out restaurant or on a roof top somewhere? Obviously it has to be private."

 

"I like the enthusiasm, Lis, but would Jennie even agree? She's like madly in love with you." The Aussie mentioned, saying the last part with a hint of jealousy in her voice.

 

"Is that jealousy I hear, chipmunk?" Lisa teased.

 

"Shut up, monkey. It's not my fault you're literally everyone's dream girl."

 

"What have I said about bringing yourself down? Show Jennie that you could be HER dream girl. Win her over, so to speak."

 

Chaeyoung twirled her hair on her index finger, biting her lower lip in contemplation. "I don't want to get rejected, monkey. She literally said two days ago that she loves you. Maybe I should wait... or not tell her at all." She whispered at the end, her eyes filling with sadness.

 

Lisa pursed her lips in thought. She sat next to her best friend and put an arm around her shoulder. 

 

"Chaeng... if there's one thing that I learned about love, it's that it only comes unexpectedly. Sure, she might reject you, but you have to try. Do what I couldn't do. I was a coward and I lost her to Kai... don't wait on someone else to sweep her off her feet."

 

Chaeyoung took a deep breath and hummed. "Okay, I'll try. I'll ask her... tonight when she gets back from her schedule."

 

Lisa grinned and squealed, hugging her tightly. "That's my chipmunk! Now, come on, let's see what other ideas I have here."

 

Chaeyoung smiled softly at Lisa's enthusiasm. 

 

***

 

"So, how do you think Chaeyoung is doing right now?" Miyeon asked, as she cuddled more into Lisa's side. The Thai had gone to (G)I-DLE's dorm to spend the night with her girlfriend

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter