Pain, Part II ( & Other Things)

Give Love a Second Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Were you on a date?" Jennie asked quietly, making Lisa stop in her tracks. Jennie saw this and frowned. "You were, weren't you?"

 

Lisa took in a deep breath and slowly turned around to face Jennie, she crossed her arms. "No, I wasn't on a date, unnie."

 

"There you go again, calling me unnie!" Jennie shouted, glaring at Lisa. 

 

Lisa scoffed, "You're my unnie, are you not? I have to respect you."

 

"But I told you, you don't have to call me that. What happened to that?! WHY ARE YOU ACTING THIS WAY?!"

 

"I FELL IN LOVE WITH YOU!" Lisa yelled, causing Jennie to jump. It was silent for a few seconds, Lisa heard a door open from down the hall. She knew it was Jisoo and Chaeyoung. "Jennie, I c-cant..." Lisa sobbed.

 

"It hurts me, so much. To look at your smiling face, knowing that I'm not the reason for it. It hurts me that you just ignore me and my feelings. You couldn't even explain to me why you rejected me, other than you being with that guy, when I confessed that night. I try, so hard, to ignore the pain in my chest. So I'm asking you now, why did you reject me? I was so sure that you felt the same way." Lisa choked out between her cries.

 

"Lis..." Chaeyoung whispered, walking towards Lisa, but was stopped by Jisoo who shook her head.

 

"Let her talk." Jisoo whispered into Chaeyoung's ear.

 

Jennie looked at Lisa with a sadness in her eyes. "Lisa, I'm sorry..."

 

Lisa shook her head and gave a small smile. "You can't even tell me, can you? Did-did you ever have feelings for me?" 

 

Jennie shook her head. "No. I'm sorry if I ever gave you false hope, Lili. You're like a little sister to me." 

 

The Thai felt a sharp pain in her chest, "Oh." She smiled sadly and glanced at her other members who were looking on sadly, Chaeyoung was already crying as well. She looked towards Jennie again, she just shrugged her shoulders and started walking to the front door. "I'll be going out, don't bother looking for me."

 

"Lis, maybe you should stay here, you're not–" Jisoo was cut off by the door opening.

 

"I'll be fine, I can't..." Lisa sighed. "I just feel suffocated right now. I'll call you if anything happens." And with that she walked through the door and closed it gently.

 

"I'm sorry..." Jennie sobbed as she sat on the couch, putting her head in her hands. "I feel so bad for her, unnie, but I didn't want to give her false hope." She said to Jisoo who had sat next to her immediately and gave her a gentle hug.

 

Chaeyoung sat next to her and rubbed her back. "You don't have to be sorry. She'll understand one day, just give her time."

 

***

 

Lisa walked to the nearby park in the area, it was funny that it was deserted considering it was daytime, luckily she still had her mask and had quickly put it on after exiting the apartment complex. 

 

"What is with me and parks?" Lisa mumbled as she walked on the path. She would occasionally pass by a few people who luckily didn't recognize her. She saw a group of 7 girls in the distance. They looked to be having a picnic. She smiled under her mask, maybe she and hat members could do that one day. When she was okay with being around Jennie again.

 

She glanced towards the girls and made eye contact with a pair of eyes that seemed familiar to her. She stopped walking for a second, thinking of where she saw those eyes. 

 

"Lisa sunbaenim!" Lisa was shaken out of her thoughts as the girl shouted her name. The girl got up and walked towards her with a smile. Lisa blinked a few times before seeing her face more clearly as she walked closer.

 

"Handong?" She pulled her mask down and gave a small smile. "Hey, how are you?"

 

Seriously, what was up with her and meeting idols in parks.

 

"I'm good. It's so nice to see you again." Handong said as she smiled back at the Thai dancer.

 

Lisa nodded, and gave a tilt of her head at the other girls who stood up to bow at her. 

 

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter