Bittersweet

Give Love a Second Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lisa smiled to herself as she got off the phone with Miyeon. She finally had the guts to ask her on a date. An official date. After a few days of contemplating, Lisa came to the conclusion that love shouldn't have to be so complicated.

 

Just like Siyeon said, she could take it as slow as she wanted to. And she knew Miyeon wouldn't mind as well. The girl herself was open to just go with the flow. Lisa was like that in nature, she always took things as they came, let faith handle it she once said.

 

"Hey, Lili. Why are you smiling to yourself?" Jennie asked as she entered Lisa's room unexpectedly. She couldn't help but match Lisa's smile. 

 

"Uhm... Jennie! Hey. I just got off the phone with a good friend of mine. We're going to get dinner later." Lisa stammered, as she looked at anything but into Jennie's feline eyes. 

 

Jennie frowned at this. "But, you said we were going to have a movie marathon tonight. You didn't forget, did you?"

 

Lisa absentmindedly played with the necklace Miyeon had gotten her, fiddling with it nervously. "S-sorry, Nini. It must've slipped my mind. But I promi–"

 

"Cancel on your friend." Jennie said through gritted teeth. 

 

Lisa's heart dropped, she couldn't cancel on Miyeon. What if she thought she changed her mind about them? Lisa didn't want to do that, even if that meant skipping out on hanging with Jennie.

 

"I'm sorry, Jen. But I can't cancel. I haven't seen them for awhile and they're finally free to hang out. We can–"

 

"Do it now, Lisa! I don't care who it is," she glanced at the necklace on Lisa's neck. She clenched her jaw. "Who gave that to you?"

 

Lisa covered the necklace with her hand as she swallowed the lump in . "Just a friend of mine."

 

"Let me see." Jennie said, going towards Lisa.

 

"Why? It's just a necklace, Jen."

 

"I want to see, Lisa. Now." Jennie glared at Lisa as she moved the Thai's hand from her chest where she was blocking her necklace. "Who the hell is M?"

 

"It's my... last name?" Lisa lied, she felt the room get hotter from how Jennie was looking at her. If only looks could kill.

 

"Don't lie to me, Lisa. Who is that?"

 

Lisa suddenly felt a sudden anger build inside her, why was Jennie questioning her as if she was her...

 

"You're not my girlfriend, Jennie. I don't have to answer to you."

 

"I didn't say I was, I just want to know who gave you that ugly necklace." Jennie retorted, crossing her arms.

 

Lisa furrowed her eyebrows, "It's not ugly, my friend gave this to me cause she said it would look great."

 

"Where is my necklace? Didn't we say we would never take them off? It's our couple necklace, Lisa." Jennie huffed.

 

Lisa smiled sadly, feeling a small pinch in her heart. "Then where is yours, Jennie?"

 

Jennie gasped and looked down, she didn't know what to say. Lisa had noticed a few months ago that Jennie had taken off their necklace when Kai had given her one. 

 

Lisa sighed. "I'm sorry about tonight. I'll make it up to you." 

 

Jennie looked like she wanted to say more but she didn't know what else to say. She just shook her head and walked out of Lisa's room, heading to hers. 

 

The Korean didn't know why but she felt a strong pull in her chest. She flopped onto her bed, she grabbed a chocolate, one that Lisa had given her earlier and took a bite. 

 

Lisa said it was sweet chocolate, but why did it leave a bitter taste in ?

 

***

 

Lisa could only sigh as she watched Jennie walk out. She shook her head, she couldn't think about that right now, she needed to get ready for her date with Miyeon.

 

A few hours later, Lisa walked out of her room, going to the living room where Jisoo and Chaeyoung were located. No Jennie in sight.

 

"Hey, girls, I'll be out late tonight. So don't wait up for me."

 

Jisoo smirked. "Where you headed off to, Limario?!"

 

Lisa blushed slightly, looking down at her hands. "I've got a date tonight."

 

Chaeyoung amd Jisoo's eyes widened. "Really? Whoa.." The Australian clapped her hands. 

 

"Oooh! Finally asked her out, huh?" Jisoo teased, wiggling her eyebrows. 

 

"Good for you, mate!" Chaeyoung said in English, giving a thumbs up and cute smile

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter