Chapter 20

Empty Hearts│K.T.H

 

2f90723bd46ef0e6926131745ddc5305.gif

***

 

"Excuse you?!!" Sooha yelled as she stood up in shock, not wanting to believe what Taehyung had said. "Is that the best idea you can come up with after a month of ghosting me?!"

 

Taehyung stared at her calmly before talking. "If my name is in your hotel, no one will dare to mess up with you."

 

Sooha was furious. How dare he try to take over her hotel. Her hotel that she worked so hard for.

 

Her blood, Sweat, & Tears.

 

Letting him buy the majority of the shares, means that he will have control over the hotel and her. And she will not let that happen. 

 

"No! I'm against it! You would not dare." Sooha glared at Taehyung.

 

Taehyung raised his both hands as if he was surrendering. "I know you're upset. But calm down and let me explain, alright?"

 

Sooha scoffed. "What is there to explain?! Your company will take over my hotel! The hotel that is part of my family's businesses!"

 

Taehyung stood up and walked near Sooha who was visibly mad. With a warm smile, he gently placed his hands on her shoulders to calm her and led her to her seat. He then walked towards the table where the secretary had placed some beverages.

 

Sooha glared at Taehyung, as she watched him give her a cup of water. Taehyung raised the cup a bit to let her take it.

 

"You are crazy" she muttered before taking the cup from him.

 

"Yes, I'm buying shares, but I will not buy shares more than you. I'm not planning to take away the hotel from you. My only intention is for the public to know how your hotel will be untouchable if my name is on your hotel. I will just probably give you some suggestions if you want. However, I will never get involved with your decisions, and my shares will just stay there quietly to support you."

 

Taehyung then smirked. "Besides, isn't it normal for couples to buy shares from each other's company?"

 

Sooha glared at Taehyung who was smiling wickedly at her. She looked away to calm herself before looking back at him.

 

"So you want the public to know that I have you as my backup? I admit that you are one of the most influential businessmen in the world, and if they find out that you bought shares from my hotel, they will hesitate to touch my hotel...."


"And that will give your hotel more spotlight and more investors will come in." Taehyung ended.

 

She knew that Taehyung was making sense. She needs Taehyung's name in order for her hotel to be more powerful. Sooha sighed and nodded.

 

"Alright. Do what you want." Sooha pointed her finger at him. "But you will never touch my hotel."

 

Taehyung nodded and smirked. He stood up from his seat and raised his right hand for a handshake.

 

"Now, Do we have an agreement, Mrs.Kim?"

 

Sooha looked at Taehyung with uneasiness before shaking his hand.

 

 

 

 

Two months have passed. Few days after Taehyung went to Daisy Hotel, the news about him buying shares had been spread all over the news and It became a hot topic. Many already anticipated it, but Sooha's parents were all over the moon when they found out about the news. As for them, having Kim's corporation in the hotel is a huge advantage.

 

Also, Sooha and Taehyung constantly met. Meeting investors, as well as Taehyung giving some suggestions for Sooha. They also both met with Kang Daniel, and now, not only Wanna One is the new model for the hotel, but all of Konnect's artists. And this made more impact on the hotel.

 

The gap between Daisy Hotel and Sky Hotel is getting thinner, and Sooha is confident that by the end of the year, Daisy Hotel will surpass Sky Hotel.

 

"Ms. Park? Mr. Kim has arrived now."

 

Sooha closed the folder she was reading and glanced at her secretary. "Alright. No need to bring us tea. We are leaving in a few minutes anyway."

 

Her secretary nodded and left. And as soon as the secretary opened the door, Taehyung appeared.

 

"You're here," Sooha said in a calm voice and watched Taehyung walk towards the couch and lay down lazily.

 

"Mmmm. Just finished what you are doing. I'll wait." he said with his eyes closed and crossed his arms.

 

During those two months. Something changed between Sooha and Taehyung. Yes, they still hate each other and argue, but they are no longer glaring and mentally cursing at each other every time they meet. They learned how to be civil with each other.

 

They are still not comfortable with each other, but they are not harsh with each other anymore.

 

Sooha stared for a while at the sleeping Taehyung before going back to her work.

 

 

 

 

".....and I'm planning to release this news within next week," Sooha said after she disclosed her hotel's upcoming project.

 

Taehyung nodded and drank his wine. "For sure, the investors will be pleased about it."

 

Another thing that changed was Sooha gained a new habit of going over her plans to Taehyung. Although he has already said that he will only give some ideas and won't meddle with her business, she still always asks for feedback from Taehyung, and this is their usual conversation.

 

Taehyung glanced at Sooha who was busy eating her steak. He watched her for a bit until Sooha glanced at him. He awkwardly cleared his throat and looked away.

 

"You know Hoseok right?" he asked and looked back at Sooha who nodded as she drank her wine. "He wants to meet you."

 

"Didn't we already met?" she asked confusingly.

 

Taehyung rolled his eyes. "Yeah, but he keeps bugging me about wanting to meet you again," he said while looking annoyed.

 

Sooha chuckled. "Alright, I won't mind having dinner with him sometimes. He seems nice and funny."

 

 

 

 

Jungkook threw his phone on the bed in frustration. The recent reports about the decreasing gap between his hotel and Daisy hotel are stressing him, especially about Taehyung being the second major shareholder of the hotel is bugging him a lot.

 

He has his doubt about their marriage, however, he already expected that Taehyung will somehow get involve in Sooha's hotel eventually. And this leads to Jungkook working too hard. From stealing Daisy Hotel's past endorsers to meeting with various investors from Daisy Hotel and persuading them to invest in him instead. He even had managed to steal the points card idea from Daisy Hotel.

 

He did everything he can just to ensure that Sky Hotel will soar, even if that made him a terrible person. But he is not regretting all of it because he won't let anyone beat him, and he will do anything to keep his business status at the top.

 

He doesn't want to admit but he knows that Kim Corporation's influence over Daisy Hotel will give Sooha an upper hand. And just by the thought of it, Jungkook is worried that it won't be for too long before his hotel drops to a lower rank, and this is stressing him a lot.

 

Jungkook drank his wine hastily and slammed the glass hard on the table. He shook with anger as he breathed heavily.

 

"So this is how you will play huh?" he said as his eyes stared intensely to nowhere.

 

 

 

 

 

-----------------

If you noticed, I did another time skipped, unfortunately, it has to be done because the real drama is about to start!

So be ready for the upcoming chapters & I can't wait to share them with you soon! 

 

Hope you like this chapter! 

 

Don't forget to comment, upvote, & subscribe!