Chapter 15

Empty Hearts│K.T.H

 

BTS Taehyung GIF - BTS Taehyung Fila - Discover & Share GIFs

 

***

 

It was early in the morning, but Sooha was already in the office. Even though they arrived late last night after their dinner with Taehyung’s family, she still woke up early as it became a habit of hers. Typing fast and aggressively, she prepares for her upcoming meeting.

 

Later that morning, someone knocked on the door, revealing her secretary with a cup of coffee. “I figured out you may need this since you arrived earlier than me.”

 

Sooha thanked her secretary and took a sip. As she put back the mug on the table, she happened to gaze at the diamond bracelet that she’s wearing on her left wrist.

 

It was a gift from Taehyung’s mother.

 

No matter how much she politely refused to take the bracelet, Heeyoung insisted, claiming that it was just a small welcome gift to the family. But for Sooha, the bracelet is like what is marking her to the Kim’s, as Heeyoung said to wear it all the time, especially in public places.

 

She suddenly remembered what happened to the playroom last night.

 

“Who are they?” Sooha asked as she pointed at the picture frame and turned around to see Heeyoung who stood frozen with her eyes widened.

 

“I-I, uhmm” Sooha watched how Heeyoung stuttered and looked uneasy and uncomfortable.

 

A maid suddenly appeared, making Heeyoung jump a bit, but looked relieved at the same time.

 

“Madam, the dinner is ready” the maid then bowed and left.

 

“L-let’s go, Sooha. We don’t want to keep them waiting, right?” Heeyoung let out an awkward laugh and immediately pulled her out of the room. Sooha took a last glance on the shelf and looked back at Heeyoung confusingly.

 

For the rest of the night, Sooha keeps thinking about the picture but decides to just brush it off, thinking it was none of her business after all. But she can’t lie that she is still curious about what she saw.

 

Sooha shook her head and went back to her work, not wanting to think of irrelevant matters. After all, she still has the mission to beat the Sky Hotel and it should be her top priority.

 

 

 

 

 

“Mr. Kim, here are the documents you asked me to take a look at.” Taehyung's secretary handed him a thick document and left his office.

 

He opened the folder and scanned the documents. It was a report about the Sky Hotel. Taehyung knows the business world very well, meaning from both the bright and dark side of it, and for some reason, he has suspicions about the said hotel. He just can’t believe that Jungkook managed to beat the Daisy Hotel from the beginning of its hotel opening and it baffled him that no one even questioned it at all. Sure, the public must have taken their interest in the hotel, but having to remain its number 1 spot until now is rather suspicious.

 

He doesn't even know why Jungkook decided to manage a hotel when his parents are more into technology businesses. He thought Jungkook would take over his parent’s company, but seeing him as a CEO of a hotel, made him confused.

 

Taehyung also found out that Sooha’s team was getting ready to unveil a new feature for her hotel, however, days before the launch, Sky Hotel released the exact feature, making Taehyung be more suspicious of Jungkook. As he already concluded, there is someone at Daisy Hotel who is also working for Jungkook, and he will find out who it is.

 

A knock made Taehyung avert his attention from the document and looked at the door.

 

“Come in,” Taehyung closed the folder and put it in one of his drawers, not wanting anyone to see it.

 

“Hello, my friend!” Hoseok entered the office smiling widely.

 

Taehyung looked at Hoseok with bored eyes. “Why are you here again? Are you not busy?”

 

Hoseok took a seat on the couch and rested his feet on top of the coffee table. “I’m not busy when it comes to you, my friend.”

 

Taehyung rolled his eyes and focused back on his computer, ignoring his friend.

 

“C’mon! I have a gift for you and your wife” Hoseok wiggled his eyebrows and pulled out an envelope from his pocket.

 

“Whatever that is, I don’t need it! I had enough from my mother-in-law.” Taehyung said, but Hoseok didn’t listen, instead, he stood up and handed the small envelope to him.

 

“Open it!”

 

Taehyung sighed and opened it.

 

His head creased and glanced back at his friend. “What’s this?”

 

“Can’t you read? It’s an invitation to the anniversary of my parents’ company. I would like you to go there with your lovely wife.” Hoseok said while smiling.

 

“No,” Taehyung said in a deadpan tone and Hoseok’s smile fell, and immediately gave his friend an annoyed look.

 

“I know that you hate each other, but everyone knows that you are my best friend, and if you are not ther-”

 

Taehyung cut off Hoseok not wanting to hear the rest of his dramatic speech. “I didn’t say I’m not going. I’m just not bringing her.”

 

“What if they asked you about her?”

 

“I’ll tell them she’s busy,” Taehyung said as he focused on his work.

 

Hoseok laughed and said, “and you think they will buy it? You know that everyone’s eyes are focused on you two, so you must show the public how happy you both are.”

 

“Still no”

 

“C’mon! Pleeeeease?” Hoseok whined but Taehyung still ignored his antics.

 

“You just want to meet her,”

 

Hoseok then smirked. “Are you jealous?” and instantly, Taehyung threw back the envelope at Hoseok.

 

“Of course, not! What the hell are you saying!”

 

“Then why won’t you bring her there? You should know that people are interested in you two. This is a great opportunity to show them that you are in love with her!”

 

“Just leave!” Taehyung yelled and Hoseok flinched, but he placed back the invitation to the table.

 

“You’re hopeless,” Hoseok said as he shook his head.