Chapter 1

Empty Hearts│K.T.H

 

jimin gif | Tumblr

 

***

"Stars can't shine without darkness"

***

 

 

“Congratulations, my dear.” Sooha’s mom, Lee Sana, hugs her and pats her back.

 

“We know that you will never disappoint us. Here, isn’t this your favorite?” Sooha bowed at her mom who placed a piece of meat on Sooha’s plate.

 

Her mother looked at her dearly while her dad just remained silent and watched his daughter.

 

“Sooha, now that you graduated in college. I hope that you will do your best to continue our legacy and do not waste your intelligence by doing some useless things.” her father, Park Daehoon said.

 

Sooha and her mother looked at him. Sooha smiled a little bit and said, “Don’t worry father. I would never do that. My life is already in Park Corporation. I would do my best not to disappoint you.”

 

“That’s good to hear. Anyways, your mother and I decided to give you a graduation gift. Starting next week, you will be in charge of the Daisy Hotel.”

 

Sooha was stunned by the sudden news, but she remains composed and calm.

 

“We know that you grew attached to that place, that’s why we decided to give it to you! We hope you like it" Sana smiled and put her hands on Sooha’s shoulder.

 

“I will let manage the hotel so that I can see if you really learned something and if you are ready to help your brother.”

 

“Thank you very much. I promise that I will do my best to keep the Daisy Hotel as the best hotel in our country” Sooha stood up and bowed in front of her parents.

 

“But there’s a condition.” Sooha looks up to his father.

 

“As you know, Daisy Hotel is #1 in this country and has excellent reviews from all over the world. One wrong move and the hotel will go down. If the hotel became #2 or if the sales decreased, I will remove you instantly from your position and you will work in a low position in the company until I give you a promotion. Do you understand that?”

 

“I understand, father. I will take responsibility for all of my decisions. But I can promise you that Daisy Hotel will always remain #1.” Sooha said in a determined voice.

 

 

 

 

A week has passed by quickly and Sooha is now standing behind the door, waiting for the host to introduce her.

 

“Please welcome, Park Sooha. The new CEO of Daisy Hotel.”

 

Sooha looks ahead and walks towards the stage with determination. She glances at the people applauding for her but her eyes wondered where her parents were sitting and she slightly bowed.

 

“Thank You, everyone. First of all, I would like to thank my parents for entrusting me with this hotel. Have you all ever wondered why it is called Daisy Hotel? Well, my parents named it after my favorite flower, daisy. That’s why I am always so fond of this hotel. As the new CEO of the Daisy Hotel, I promise you that I will do my best to maintain our company’s image and will make it even better. From employees to our customers, and to everyone who is part of this company, I will give the best to you and I will never disappoint you. Thank You, everyone!” Sooha bowed and the people clapped again.

 

Camera flashes are everywhere that almost made Sooha blind, but her smile never wiped out. She went down the stage and started conversing with the visitors. 

 

“Congratulations, Sooha.”

 

“I am looking for the changes that you will make for this hotel”

 

“Your parents are really lucky to have you”

 

Sooha gave small smiles and bowed to everyone who complimented her.

 

“Just because the hotel is now yours, you can do whatever you want. I will watch your every move. So make sure to do your best. Don’t embarrass our family, Sooha.” Sooha glanced at her side and saw his older brother.

 

“I won’t,” Sooha said and was about to leave when her brother caught her wrist.

 

“I am just giving you a warning, princess.”

 

“Don’t worry, dear brother” Sooha glared at the man and walked away.

 

Sooha walks towards where her parents are and takes a seat next to her mother.

 

“Where’s your brother?”

 

“He’s talking to some businessmen,” Sooha said and took a sip of her drink.

 

“You should have stayed with your brother and learned how to communicate with businessmen.” Her father took a sip of his wine.

 

“Honey, give her a break. You are doing great, sweetie.” Sooha gives a small smile to her mother.

 

“Don’t worry, father. I can do it on my own. Besides, I already talked to them earlier.”

 

“Anyways, you remember the consequences if you fail to maintain your hotel’s image right?”

 

“Of course she does, because her life is on the line.” Sooha glared at her brother as he took a seat next to her.

 

“Jimin,” their mother warned and looked at his son.

 

“Why? It’s the truth. It would be a huge humiliation to our family if she doesn’t get a grip of herself,” Jimin said.

 

“Let’s not talk about this anymore. Sooha is already grown up and knows what she needs to do. Let’s enjoy the party, alright.” Their mother said excitedly.

 

 

 

 

----------------------------------------------

A/N: I hope you guys will support my new story! ^_^