Chapter 9

Empty Hearts│K.T.H

V ❤ BTS' SUMMER IN 2017~ [STARCAST] BTS 2017 Summer Package In ...

 

***

"Love cannot be found where it doesn't exist,

nor it can be hidden where it truly does"

- William Shakespeare

***

 

 

"My mom is asking me why I only sent her one picture," Sooha said while focusing on cutting her steak. She heard Taehyung sighed.

 

"I don't understand why your mother wants pictures. Is she perhaps suspicious of us?"

 

"That's how she is, and maybe someone reported to her that we weren't seen together for the past two days, except at night."

 

Taehyung rolled his eyes and sip his wine. "Why can't she mind her own business, instead of spying on her daughter," he said but Sooha could only keep quiet.

 

 

"Wow! Why do we keep bumping into each other?" Both of them looked to where the voice was coming from and saw Jungkook walking towards them.

 

"I wonder why" Taehyung glared at him, but Sooha smiled.

 

"It's nice seeing you again, Jungkook"

 

Jungkook smiled widely when Sooha finally called him by his name, while Taehyung instantly snapped his head at Sooha in surprise.

 

"Ahh, finally you called me by my name."

 

Taehyung is watching both of them having a conversation and it's pissing him off somehow. He didn't like how Jungkook is getting too comfortable with her and how Sooha is okay with that. But it looks like Sooha is finally succeeding in her plan to be friends with his rival.

 

Jungkook looked at Taehyung and said, "Anyways, I'm glad that you are accompanying your wife because I noticed that she's always alone whenever I see her."

 

Taehyung looked back at Jungkook who was obviously taunting him. Taehyung grip on his fork tightly. He didn't like how Jungkook seems to be questioning him about their marriage, but what made him madder is how Jungkook looks like he's smiling wickedly.

 

"I understand your concern, but next time, please mind your own business."

 

Jungkook smirked. He is amused by the look on the face of Taehyung. The guy is pissed and he can clearly see Taehyung's knuckles turned white.

 

"Anyways, I will see you two again next time," Jungkook said and left with a smile.

 

Taehyung just stared at him as he walked away, and mentally cursing him.

 

"You should really work on your attitude," Sooha muttered and shook her head in dismay. 

 

Taehyung heard her and instantly glared at her but Sooha just rolled her eyes, and both continue to eat in peace - awkward situation. Sooha is focusing on eating, whereas Taehyung was thinking.

 

"Tomorrow, we're going somewhere," Taehyung said out of nowhere that made Sooha look at him with her eyes widened.

 

"W-where?"

 

She is confused by what Taehyung just said. She thought they already agreed to do their own business in the morning. It's not like she doesn't want to be with Taehyung, but she really doesn't want to. And besides, she already planned to visit other businesses to conduct her research since tomorrow will be their last day.

 

"He is doubting us, and I'm sure people must have also noticed that we are not with each other during the days. They might spread rumors."

 

Sooha nodded agreeing with what Taehyung said. Even though she wants to be closer to Jungkook, she doesn't want him to know about what is going on between her and Taehyung. Sooha and Taehyung don't want to risk anything that could be bad for both of their company's image.

 

 

 

 

 

Holding each other's hands, Taehyung and Sooha stroll the white beach while admiring the view. Sooha adjusted her straw hat a bit, while Taehyung brushed his hair with his hands. Passersby can't help but look at the couple, some were wondering if they are celebrities, while others immediately recognized them as the newest powerful couple in the business industry.

 

"Let's have a seat at a cafe nearby," Sooha suggested and Taehyung agreed. They both walked towards the cafe and Sooha looked for somewhere to sit, while Taehyung went to the cashier to buy themselves a drink.

 

Wamberal Ocean View Cafe in Wamberal, Central Coast - New South ...

 

Sooha took off her straw hat and admired the view. She opened her phone and took a picture of it. After a while, Taehyung came back with their drinks. He gave her a strawberry smoothie and an iced coffee for him. None of them spoke but stared at the ocean instead. Both of them found peace on it, and somehow it made them calm.

 

Suddenly, Sooha held her phone up and said, "look at me and smile."

 

Taehyung stared at her in confusion,

 

"Mom wants pictures," Sooha said and he immediately composed himself and smiled at the camera. Then, Sooha and Taehyung took more pictures and sent them to her mom, and left the cafe after a few minutes.

 

 

 

 

 

Jungkook was walking at the beach when he saw a familiar face. He smiled widely and was about to approach but he stopped when someone appeared. His face turned into a frown and glared at that particular person, Taehyung.

 

He was looking forward to seeing Sooha alone again so he could spend time with her, but by the sight of her husband, Jungkook clenched his fist.

 

But he suddenly smirked while observing the couple. He's not blind, he can see them being awkward with each other, and this made Jungkook laugh in disbelief. He knows something is going on with the couple and he's going to find out what is it.