Chapter 16

Empty Hearts│K.T.H

 

Pin by Lalah on Bts in 2020 | Kim taehyung, Celebrities, Taehyung

 

***

 

Taehyung and Sooha entered the mansion's garden owned by Hoseok's parents. At first, she declined the invitation when Taehyung told her about the party, but Taehyung made her realize that people will talk if she's not spotted there with him, so she eventually agreed.

 

Wearing a black chic dress from a high-end brand and matching jewelry, Sooha clung her arm on Taehyung's and as soon as they were inside, people turned their attention to the newly arrived couple. They walked around the party greeting people from the upper class and some prominent figures in the world.

 

From people greeting and congratulating the couple, it's obvious to both of them that those people are looking for a chance to either look for the right timing to make business deals or to look for holes to create rumors surrounding the couple.

 

"This is Sooha, my wife," Taehyung said, introducing her to an older couple.

 

Taehyung then turned at Sooha and said, "They are Mr. and Mrs. Davids, one of our long time partners at Kim Corporation," Sooha bowed and greeted the couple.

 

"Your parents must be so lucky to have a beautiful daughter. You and Mr. Kim are perfect for each other." Sooha and Taehyung smiled and thanked the couple.

 

"You two must still be in your honeymoon phase. I can still remember when we just got married, my husband was so romantic. He always prepared surprises and took me around the world." Mrs. Davids said and smiled while looking dearly at her husband. "But since we are now getting older, we prefer to stay at home," Mrs. Davids laughed.

 

"That's why you have to enjoy your time while still young. Spoil your wife, Mr. Kim because she deserves all of it, and treat her with love and respect." Mr. Davids said.

 

"That's the secret to long-time marriage." Mrs. Davids added and smiled sweetly at her husband.

 

"I will keep that in mind," Taehyung said as he held Sooha's hands firmly and looked at her. "But I hope that she won't get tired of me."

 

Sooha looked at him with eyes widened, but Taehyung kept staring at her, and this time, he's not glaring, instead, he was looking at her with gentle eyes.

 

Sooha looked at him in confusion, and can't seem to figure out if he meant it, or if he's still acting.

 

 

 

 

"I finally met you Ms. Sooha!" Hoseok happily greeted the couple and was about to hug Sooha, when he and Taehyung had a quick eye contact, that stopped Hoseok from walking towards her.

 

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Mr. Jung." Sooha greeted, but Hoseok waved his hands and laughed.

 

"Please call me Hoseok instead. You're my best friend's wife, so no formality is needed." Hoseok glanced at Taehyung as he emphasized the word wife, and Taehyung just rolled his eyes.

 

Sooha smiled tightly.

 

"I hope you will enjoy the rest of the night. I'm sure Taehyung will take care of you." Hoseok said but Taehyung knows he was teasing him.

 

"Thank you" Sooha bowed.

 

The three of them talked for a bit before Hoseok excused himself to greet the other guests. Taehyung and Sooha greeted more guests until they decided to find a vacant table to sit on as Hoseok's parents were about to give a speech.

 

Through the speech, Sooha can't help but feel bored. She looked down on her hands and the diamond ring on her left hand was very obvious yet intentional for people to look at. She felt uncomfortable wearing the ring, in fact, it was the second time she wore it after the wedding.

 

Sooha glanced up and Hoseok's parents were already done giving speeches, and more company representatives started to give speeches as well. She looked beside her and saw Taehyung looking at the front with a blank face.

 

He's probably bored too.

 

Finally, the speeches were done and classical music began to fill the event from the orchestra band. A waiter suddenly placed a dessert in front of her. She thanked him and began eating a fancy cheesecake.

 

After eating, couples began to walk at the center of the garden and began dancing to the romantic music being played. Sooha sighed and watched them dancing slowly. She then noticed a hand in front of her. She looked up and saw Taehyung standing while looking at her.

 

She stared at him and wondered what he wanted, but Taehyung smiled and motioned for her to take his hand. She glanced at the couple dancing, and an idea popped up from her mind.

 

He wants me to dance with him?

 

With a bit of hesitation, she slowly took his hand, and Taehyung led her to where the couples were dancing.

 

 

 

 

Sooha did not know who felt more awkward — her or Taehyung.

 

He gently pulled her into his arms, as she put her hands on his shoulder, she looked at Taehyung, who was also staring at her. She noticed how blanked his face was, but his eyes were somewhat gentle. Feeling awkward, she looked down on their feet, but she heard Taehyung whisper something.

 

"Looked at me. People are watching us."

 

With his deep voice, she looked at Taehyung again. Their faces were so close to each other, that she could almost feel his breath. She couldn't help but think that this was also their second time dancing after the wedding.

 

Can't take the awkwardness anymore, Sooha decided to break the ice.

 

"Until when are we dancing?" She whispered, but enough for Taehyung to hear.

 

"When do you want to stop?"

 

Taehyung asked not breaking eye contact with her. Sooha looked around them and saw most couples were still dancing. She glanced at the tables, and people are definitely watching them.

 

"I don't know when the orchestra will stop playing," Sooha said, still avoiding looking at him.

 

Taehyung did not talk for a while but remained his eyes on her. She suddenly felt Taehyung's grip tighten on her waist, and this made Sooha to looked at him immediately. 

 

The two did not talk again after their short conversation, however, the two remained to stare at each other for a long time while dancing.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-------

 

Please don't forget to upvote, comment, & subscribe! 💜

 

Are guys ready for the comeback this Friday? I'm so exciteeeeed!

BTS'

Update: BTS Shares “Room” Concept Teaser For Upcoming Album “BE” | Soompi