Chapter 10

Empty Hearts│K.T.H

Pin em BTS

 

***

"My worst enemy 

is my memory"

- Anonymous 

***

 

“The public and the media are still watching Kim’s Corporation and Daisy Hotel for their next move in the business world. Since the announcement of their marriage, everyone predicted that their partnership will make the-”

 

Sooha turned off the tv from her office. It’s been a month since they came back to Korea, but the media are still releasing news reports about them. Both of them immediately returned to their work and not even once they saw each other even though they are living at the same house.

 

“Ms. Sooha, here’s the monthly report that you asked for” her secretary handed her a folder and she immediately read it.

 

“Hmm. It increased a bit but still lower than our normal sales. Are there any updates from the planning team?”

 

“They told me that they are finalizing their presentation report and would like to have a meeting with you.”

 

“Tell them to come here on Friday.”

 

“Yes, Ms. Park” the secretary bowed and left the office.

 

Sooha turned her attention back to her piles of documents that are needed to sign. She let out a sigh and grabbed one of her files, but her phone rings.

 

Jeon Jungkook

 

A smile crept from her face and immediately answered the call.

 

“Hello, Jungkook” Sooha tried to not sound excited.

 

“Wanna grab dinner later?”

 

“Sure.”

 

“Alright. I’ll see you tonight” Jungkook ended the call.

 

After she and Taehyung came back from their supposed honeymoon trip, Jungkook contacted her on the next day, and since then, they met almost every day. They will always talk about their businesses and some friendly questions.

 

But she’s still careful whenever she’s meeting Jungkook. She will always ask to meet in a private place where the media can never see them, and Jungkook understood her request. With their frequent meetings, both of them become closer, and Sooha has never been this happy before.

 

Sooha leaned back on her chair and stared at her phone. She smirked as she thought how successful her plan was. She can feel it, if she can get a bit more friendly with Jungkook, he will soon tell her all of his plans for his hotels and she will use it for her own.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“It’s been a month since you came back, but you only allowed me to visit you today” a pouting Hoseok entered Taehyung’s office, in which the man just rolled his eyes to his loud visitor.

 

“I’m too busy catching up on the work that I missed,” Taehyung said in a bored tone but he’s still focused on his computer.

 

“So how’s the marriage life, Mr. Kim?” Hoseok teased.

 

“We never saw each other after we came back.”

 

“What?! How is that possible? You are literally living in the same house!”

 

“A house that is almost like a Buckingham Palace. So, of course, we never passed by each other, and besides, why would I want to see her? We are just business partners” Taehyung argued.

 

Hoseok crossed his legs and smirked towards his best friend. “Alright. Just don’t come at me later and talk about her.”

 

Taehyung snapped at Hoseok and glared at him. “What do you mean?”

 

“Hmmm.” Hoseok stood up and walked towards Taehyung’s huge table. “Just in case you fall for her.” Hoseok laughed at the surprised look of his best friend.

 

“What the hell! I will never fall for her and will never care for her!”

 

“But you need to cooperate with her if you don’t want to taint your prince image right now. I’m sure you know how almost everyone still talks about you guys and you’re not even a celebrity!”

 

“Don’t worry my friend. Ignoring each other’s presence is our deal. As long as we do our part, none of us will be in trouble.”

 

Taehyung smiled at Hoseok, while the guy just sighed in disbelief. Hoseok can’t understand how his best friend and his wife are content with what they are right now. But he knows his best friend, Taehyung, only cares about his company’s image, and he doesn't care about anything else.

 

“So I guess nothing interesting happened on your honeymoon trip,”

 

“There is,” Taehyung muttered and Hoseok immediately smirked.

 

“Mind telling me Mr. Kim?”

 

Taehyung looked away from his computer and turned his chair around facing the huge window behind him and looked at the view.

 

“He was there” Taehyung whispered but Hoseok didn’t hear it.

 

Hoseok walked towards him and stood beside him. “What did you say?”

 

“He was there,” this time Taehyung slightly raised his voice and Hoseok noticed the hint of anger in his voice.

 

“Who?” Hoseok asked quietly but he already had an idea of who it is, but he silently prayed that it was not who he thought.

 

“Jeon”

 

As soon as Taehyung said the name, Hoseok instantly looked at Taehyung with eyes widened.

 

Hoseok was right.

 

It was him.

 

“And he already approached her.”

 

This time, Hoseok felt like a bucket of ice water was thrown on him. He already didn’t like what Taehyung said to him, and this is starting to worry him. Hoseok and Taehyung knew who Jungkook is, and would never want to associate with him. 

 

Again.

 

“So what are you planning to do?”

 

“Nothing. It’s not my business anyway.”

 

“She’s still your wife, Taehyung. You should give her a warning about that gu-”

 

“I did, but she didn’t care. She wants to get closer to him since he is her competitor.”

 

Hoseok let out a bitter laugh and said “you married the right woman. You are just like her. So obsessed with your images.” Hoseok then glanced at Taehyung. “But if I were you, I will force her to not associate with him.”

 

“As long as both of them won’t hurt my company, I don’t care.”

 

All Hoseok can do is sigh because of his stubborn and cold-hearted best friend.

 

 

 

--------

A/N: Please don't forget to comment, subscribe, and upvote! Thank you!