Chapter 2

Empty Hearts│K.T.H

 

Taehyung gif | Kim taehyung, Taehyung, Bts boys

***

"No Competition, No Progress"

***

 

“DAISY Hotel ranked #1 again in the best hotel in South, Korea.”

“Park Sooha, CEO of DAISY HOTEL, gave an inspiring speech at the convention last night!”

“DAISY Hotel got included into the World’s best hotel list of Times Magazine”

“Why do guests always choose DAISY Hotel as their accommodation place?”

“How Park Sooha, maintaining DAISY Hotel’s excellent image?”

 

It’s been 3 years since Park Sooha took charge of the Daisy Hotel. Her family, especially her brother, was actually expecting her to have a hard time as it’s her first time to be in a high position, but they were surprised that Sooha made the hotel even better. As a workaholic, Sooha always stayed in her office and usually didn't go home until midnight.

 

“Ms. Park, just a reminder you have directors meeting in 15 minutes.” Sooha looked up and saw her secretary.

 

“Alright.” she said and goes back in reading a document. After the secretary left her office, Sooha let out a yawn and stretched her arms. She then glanced at the wall clock.

 

5:30 pm

 

Sooha debated if she would take a little nap or continue to read and prepare for the meeting. But of course, being a workaholic she chose to continue working. After a while, her secretary came in and let her know that it’s time for the meeting. She walked out of her office and went to the meeting room where she was greeted by her dad and the board of directors. She took a big breath and headed to her seat.

 

“Ms. Park, you must be overwhelmed by the media’s shower of praises to you.” Sooha looks on her left and sees Mr. Lee Minhyuk smirking at her, which looks like mocking her. That man never accepted her as the CEO and believed that she’s still a child to take over a big hotel.

 

“It’s all because of all the employees' hard work. Without them, the hotel won’t be able to stand where it is now,” she said and gave a small smile towards the man.

 

“Well, don’t celebrate yet because you never know what might happen in the future.” Mr. Lee continued.

 

“What’s that supposed to mean Mr. Lee?” she said in an icy tone.

 

“Well, I’m just saying. You still have a lot to learn, child.”

 

“Alright. We are not here to argue. Let’s start this meeting” Sooha glanced at his father. The man who never talks to his daughter unless it’s about business.

 

“I’m sure all of you have heard about the new hotel that is opening next month. It seems that the public is looking forward to that brand new hotel and it seems that they have better offers than in this hotel. What can you say about that Ms. Sooha?” Mr. Park, a member of the meeting asked. 

 

Sooha smirked as she knew that this question would be asked, that's why she prepared for it.

 

“I am not threatened by the new hotel. In fact, I am looking forward to seeing what they have prepared. Everyone knows how our hotel is the best of all the best, so I want to know if they can top our services here.”

 

“You seem too confident Ms. Sooha. How can you not worry when they made a statement yesterday that their hotel will beat this hotel. The public is already interested in them and I heard that many of our regular guests and VIPs made a reservation at that hotel. Aren’t you worried?” Another member of the meeting asked.

 

“Why should I be worried? Of course, people will be curious and interested because it’s a new hotel. But, people are like that, whenever they see a new thing they will look at it but after a while, they will grow tired of it. That hotel made a clear statement that they will beat our hotel, but I am confident that they will lose. The public and the media already declared that the Daisy Hotel has the best service in the world. Just wait and see. Our hotel will remain at number 1.” Sooha said confidently.

 

 

 

 

 

“6 months have passed since the Sky Hotel has opened but reservations are still full”

“Sky Hotel became number 1 beating the Daisy Hotel”

“What attracts people to the Sky Hotel that tourists keep checking in?”

“How did the Sky Hotel beat Daisy Hotel?”

“Daisy Hotel’s sales plump down for the first time”

 

Sooha turned off the tv and threw the remote control on it. Her hands went over her head and messed her hair in frustration. It’s been 6 months and Daisy Hotel has been beaten by the new hotel. Sooha became stressed and frustrated especially by the pressure of the shareholders and of her family. Especially her father who became extremely disappointed by her negligence. A knock interrupted Sooha revealing her secretary reminding her of the meeting.

 

Sooha can't even remember how many meetings she has had ever since her hotel reputation went down. She remained her poker face and cold aura while walking inside the room. She could feel the tension in the air and eyes on her but she ignored it and walked towards her seat.

 

“We heard you have a new proposal for the hotel, Ms. Sooha?” one of the board of directors said.

 

“Yes. Actually, I have an idea that I think would be a great idea for our hotel. Well, I’ve been thinking about what if our hotel will have its own points card? From what I gathered based on my research, some businesses are using Points Cards now like in shopping malls and restaurants. So why don’t we have our own?”

 

“A points card? What do you think of our hotel? Cheap? Those businesses who use those point cards are all losers who are desperate to cling onto their customers.” One of the members’ of the directors said who seems to be mocking Sooha, but she ignored it and continued.

 

“You all may not have realized it, but even credit card companies use point cards. People nowadays get attracted to the businesses that offer that because it will benefit them such as saving money. Also, it benefits the companies because all of their customers who use that card will keep buying from their businesses until they could use their points.”

 

“So if we will have this point card that you are suggesting, what will be on it?” Another member of the directors’ asked.

 

“If a customer will get our own Point Cards, they could gain certain points which they could use in the future. For example, if they keep checking in our hotel, their points will keep increasing and they may use their points for paying instead. They could also use their points cards if they are purchasing something in our stores in the hotel or even in restaurants here. Since we have partnerships in other businesses outside of the hotel, they could also use it there."

 

“That’s actually an excellent idea Ms.Sooha. I’m impressed that you could think of that.” Sooha looked at her father and gave a slight nod.

 

“What do you think, everyone? Do you all agree on this new idea?” her father asked and Sooha looked around the room. She saw everyone nodding and in favor of the new idea.

 

“Alright, since everyone is in favor, why don’t we start preparing so that we could release this in public before the end of this month, Ms. Sooha?” his father said.

 

“Of course, Mr. Park. I would make sure to settle everything.”

 

 

 

Two weeks after the meeting, Sooha and her team worked so hard on the new idea. Almost everything is done but Sooha is feeling the pressure because she is desperate to make it successful in hope for her hotel’s reputation to go back to where it was.

 

“Ms. Sooha?!” She looked up and saw her secretary frantically calling her as she entered her office.

 

“What’s the matter?”

 

“H-have you seen the news?” her secretary asked nervously.

 

“No, why?”

 

Instead of answering, her secretary the tv and they both watched the news.

 

“Sky hotel introduced its new feature with the ‘Sky Points!’ The hotel unveiled the new feature this morning and the public is taking in interest in it. People are calling the hotel a genius while some are thinking that it is a risk—”

 

Sooha turned off the tv and as on cue, her phone rang. She glanced at it and saw her dad’s calling her.